Sign in to follow this  
Chris

(Score 9.2 / 10) "Front Office Football 8 Review - A Game By Stats Heads for Stats Heads" (Windows PC)

It is not the prettiest thing on the market, but cold, hard data rarely is.

On paper, the Jaguars were capable of having a good season. I expected to go 8-8 with a shot at making the playoffs as a Wild Card team. We ended up winning two games more than expected, going 10-6 and missing a divisional title by a half a game. The Texans managed to go 10-5-1 on their way to winning the division. The playoff matchup was a tough one, but we ended up losing to the Texans in a bitter game. The 49ers and the Patriots would go on to ultimately compete for a Super Bowl.

Chris Conley had a career year behind the play of Nick Foles. He caught 1,400 yards, 8 TDs with 29(!) catches of 20+ yards. But he also dropped a whopping 14 total balls. I guess that is forgivable considering Foles targeted him 184 times throughout the year. After the playoff loss, Conley immediately indicated he wanted a new deal and was on my radar as a potential holdout for next season.

Front Office Football 8 excels at creating realistic outcomes, but its ultimate strength is in the way that it achieves this. Statistics drive these outcomes, lots of statistics. The game goes out of its way to make sure that the player has access to as many statistics as they can think of, and the results are a stathead's dream come true.

---

To read the full review https://gmgames.org/front-office-football-8-fof8/review/

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

Sign in to follow this