RonM

Has anyone heard of any excellent football simulations?

Why has nobody ported any football sims from ios/android to PC? Asking the real questions here

Hello

For a Pro Football GM, I am currently deciding between DSP22 and FOF8 for Football GM. I have Pro Strategy Football 22 and it has pretty good customization but seems to be geared towards more that. Might wait for next year's release. I have also tested out ZenGM's Football GM and it's alright but not as great as their Basketball GM and the other football GM games. Based on my preferences, which would be best for me, or is there another football GM better than these four?

- General customization (editing league settings, team names, players, international countries, coaches, etc.)

- Spectator mode (AI does everything for every team; I just watch and let the other teams roll)

- League history (being able to start from older years and playing through them)

- Player awards (All-Star games, All-Pro, MVP, Hall of Fame, all of that stuff)

- League evolution (Expansion drafts, rule changes, name changes, relocations, and team folding)

- In-depth rosters (90-man roster sizes for preseason, practice squad, long snappers, 4-3 & 3-4 defensive linemen and linebackers)

- In-depth scheduling customization/generation (changing the number of games, inter/intra conference games, division games, and whether the last week is random games or divisional games. PSF has custom schedules but the generator is only locked to modern schedules)

- Accurate & in-depth rating system (like a high rated player actually plays good; I tried the demo for DSP22 and had a 76 overall QB throw for 6K yards and I have heard similar complaints in FOF8. PSF is way better in terms of players actually playing as their overall shows but players have little attributes)

- Player archetypes (scrambler, West Coast, pocket for QBs and other examples for the rest of the positions, behavior, and roles)

- Support for Canadian & indoor football

- Something like OOTP where you can play more than one league in a file.

- College integration (Not just randomly generating players for draft classes. DSP has this, FOF8 used to but College Years does not work anymore)

- God Mode (Like the one from ZenGM's games)

My preferences are probably too much so I put the ones in bold as most crucial to getting me into the game.

Thanks!

On 10/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, andoni1993 said:

Retro Bowl change the balance fast, I like BBFC

Hi. DO you still play BBFC by any chance?

Can't launch it anymore on Windows 11. Loved this game back in the day. Bought it back on Steam but it won't start due to some weird Windows error message. I gave up, but BBFC is legendary with the ICY log mod!

What are some of your favorite FB games college or NFL.  

I love Myfootballnow, and FPS football.  

Any others?

On 3/8/2022 at 1:01 PM, Antman223 said:

Hello

For a Pro Football GM, I am currently deciding between DSP22 and FOF8 for Football GM. I have Pro Strategy Football 22 and it has pretty good customization but seems to be geared towards more that. Might wait for next year's release. I have also tested out ZenGM's Football GM and it's alright but not as great as their Basketball GM and the other football GM games. Based on my preferences, which would be best for me, or is there another football GM better than these four?

- General customization (editing league settings, team names, players, international countries, coaches, etc.)

- Spectator mode (AI does everything for every team; I just watch and let the other teams roll)

- League history (being able to start from older years and playing through them)

- Player awards (All-Star games, All-Pro, MVP, Hall of Fame, all of that stuff)

- League evolution (Expansion drafts, rule changes, name changes, relocations, and team folding)

- In-depth rosters (90-man roster sizes for preseason, practice squad, long snappers, 4-3 & 3-4 defensive linemen and linebackers)

- In-depth scheduling customization/generation (changing the number of games, inter/intra conference games, division games, and whether the last week is random games or divisional games. PSF has custom schedules but the generator is only locked to modern schedules)

- Accurate & in-depth rating system (like a high rated player actually plays good; I tried the demo for DSP22 and had a 76 overall QB throw for 6K yards and I have heard similar complaints in FOF8. PSF is way better in terms of players actually playing as their overall shows but players have little attributes)

- Player archetypes (scrambler, West Coast, pocket for QBs and other examples for the rest of the positions, behavior, and roles)

- Support for Canadian & indoor football

- Something like OOTP where you can play more than one league in a file.

- College integration (Not just randomly generating players for draft classes. DSP has this, FOF8 used to but College Years does not work anymore)

- God Mode (Like the one from ZenGM's games)

My preferences are probably too much so I put the ones in bold as most crucial to getting me into the game.

Thanks!

Why is it so hard to get a game with spectator mode? It seems to me people would be happy for pay for it. 

Hello there,

I'm usually a baseball guy, but usually I've been feeling interested in football and I'm looking for a good football sim game which is easy to start learning the rules of the game while also learning the different stats. 

Thanks!

I feel it lacks for football I mean there are some that are okay I just mainly want one that give us character customization, and then everything also the ability to change the year we play in.

I found this one a couple of years ago it is call football gm it a a website game it has ads but not the ads that take up the screen, and the games free with no catch if you want to give them money you can, try it out and they made other games like basketball gm, baseball gm, and hockey gm.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now