RonM

Has anyone heard of any excellent football simulations?

I have been a FPS  Pro football 98 player for literally decades, still love it more than Madden, etc which seems more a clickfest to me...but it is more and more difficult to keep going on new systems...most of the tools I use for it...fpsfedit, and the various tools which came on the CD long ago, I have to run from my very aged Windows XP laptop or DOS simulators...and that old laptop barely works now.  Things like the game itself I can run from win10, but parts like rh play editors and gameplan editors ...the words and buttons don't show up. 

Just really dreading the day my old laptop dies and I can't use it anymore lol. .

Any ideas would be appreciated.

It can get expensive but Dave Koch Sports has one but it is minus all the financial stuff and me being older I am used to them not having that and personally I would like to leave that sort of stuff to real life.  Another option is Draft Day Pro Sports Football from Wolverine Studios.  It has the financial stuff but you can set it to where it does not get in your way of having fun.  Now with this one though you don't truly own your game whereas with Dave Koch Sports games you do as what you download requires no special key / registration to use it.  Finally there is Second and Ten V10 and from what I can tell of it well if you can get it going it should be loads of fun.  I would recommend you do your research like anybody else should and with the Wolverine Studios game there is a demo to try out.  Also with Second and Ten V10 I am not sure if there is a demo but with like all these games check out YouTube to see various people playing them.

From what i've played if you are looking for free games then you won't have many options but ZenGM/Football-GM is a good game that goes surprisingly in depth for a browser game. The one i use the most though is Draft Day Sports Pro Football. The new one has a great UI and runs very well for what it is. It's price can be steep but it does go on sale quite a bit

Recently I had a lot of fun playing Retro Bowl on Android. There is a lot there to keep you interested for a while. I know there is a way to modify to use real team and player information. Let me know if you want to discuss about it.

9e8BGMC.jpg

50 minutes ago, acoldcornsoup said:

Recently I had a lot of fun playing Retro Bowl on Android. There is a lot there to keep you interested for a while. I know there is a way to modify to use real team and player information. Let me know if you want to discuss about it.

9e8BGMC.jpg

We love this game a lot but it just doesn't meet the qualification for our website. It's arcade by definition. 

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit | twitch

On 5/7/2020 at 12:53 PM, DeViLzzz said:

It can get expensive but Dave Koch Sports has one but it is minus all the financial stuff and me being older I am used to them not having that and personally I would like to leave that sort of stuff to real life.  Another option is Draft Day Pro Sports Football from Wolverine Studios.  It has the financial stuff but you can set it to where it does not get in your way of having fun.  Now with this one though you don't truly own your game whereas with Dave Koch Sports games you do as what you download requires no special key / registration to use it.  Finally there is Second and Ten V10 and from what I can tell of it well if you can get it going it should be loads of fun.  I would recommend you do your research like anybody else should and with the Wolverine Studios game there is a demo to try out.  Also with Second and Ten V10 I am not sure if there is a demo but with like all these games check out YouTube to see various people playing them.

Thank you for that... I did just purchase DDS, and had long ago gotten the baseball game from Dave Koch... I did not even know they sold football, so thank you very much, I will have to try that! 

Yes Wolverine Studios Draft Day Pro Football is one of the best around. Tried Dave Koch titles and while good, there's something lacking. Seems a bit too 1995 for me. There's also GM-Football which is totally 100% free. It's an EXCELLENT free game, though it may need a bit more tinkering. Example: My All-star DE was listed at 5'10, 189 lbs! Not sure that could happen in real life. Overall though, for a free title, this one's hard to beat.

I had a blast playing Front Office Football 8.  The graphics aren't super slick, but the simulation is more than enough to make up for that in my opinion.

I’m looking to see what everyone thinks is the best option for American football sims. Ideally I want something with real player mods available (and easy to upload) and a link between college and pro I.e. drafting players in a pro game from a college game. I’m really not good at uploading anything complicated - I have played DDS but the converting files to .json and all that stuff was beyond me tbh!

Please recommend a simulation game of american football. The Moguls series is too arcade. Is there any American football simulation game similar to the ootp series? I think the ootp developer said that they were preparing for a football game, but there is no news.

It's been mentioned already, but Front Office Football 8 is good. It's on sale on Steam now. You might have to do some roster adjusting because I spotted quite a few inaccuracies with player ratings (mostly errant 40 times). You could also try creating a Windows XP virtual machine and running Front Page Sports Football Pro '98 on there.

Edited by tj41172

i want fbpro98 to work on my windows 10 machine

hi i've tried ten different ways to get this game working on windows 10. hopefully your files will help me be successful

Are you looking for computer versions only or do you do tabletop games as well? There is a kickstarter of Saturday Legends board game with just a few days left. (College football featuring some of the greatest college teams of all time)

On 5/7/2020 at 8:33 PM, Chris said:

We love this game a lot but it just doesn't meet the qualification for our website. It's arcade by definition. 

I think that that makes sense.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now