Sign in to follow this  
Wick Schozen

[SOLVED] Bug trading players with an extension

Been getting a "this can't be good" error page for a while now while trying to complete a deal. Figured out today that i think it is because a player in the deal has a GHL one way contract extension signed and the deal is sending him to the SHL.

Outside of that everything else in the deal is completely normal so I think this may be a bug from when trading contract extensions was fixed.

Is that really a bug?  A player with a one way GHL contract for next season shouldn't be able to be traded to SHL as the game would consider the SHL to be in the SHL the following season, even if they are in a position to promote or not. 

The simple fix is to just terminate the contract extension and redo the trade.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Well no, as his current contract is a two way contract. Thus while on the current contract there should be no limitations outside of the current clauses that he is restricted to. If he were traded to an SHL team with a one way GHL contract signed and that team was not in a position to promote then his contract extension would just be voided at the conclusion of the season and he would join the free agent pool as if he didn't sign it. 

In regards to terminating the contract, after the player has agreed to the extension the contract cannot be cancelled. It is only when the deal has been offered but not yet accepted that it can. 

12 hours ago, Wick Schozen said:

In regards to terminating the contract, after the player has agreed to the extension the contract cannot be cancelled. It is only when the deal has been offered but not yet accepted that it can. 

I can currently cancel any one of my player's extensions.

image.png

image.png

Paul you devious fellow. I had only ever looked at the transfers contract screen.

That said, I am stubborn in my conviction that a player's movement on the terms of their current contract should not be limited. 

. . 

12 hours ago, Wick Schozen said:

Paul you devious fellow. I had only ever looked at the transfers contract screen.

That said, I am stubborn in my conviction that a player's movement on the terms of their current contract should not be limited. 

. . 

Yeah, I wish it would lock as well.  However, canceling a pending contract is risky if you intend to keep the player as they will tend to ask for more, especially if they have improved.

I wouldn't recommend canceling contracts, except in your case if the player has been agreed to in a trade.  There would be no harm in doing it in your situation.

Players with pending one way contracts is not supposed to be included in trades down the league levels. This has now been fixed in the v2.2.3 update

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this