Sign in to follow this  
flowbish1

[SOLVED] Draft Preference

There as been a problem with the Draft Preference tool. Whenever i try to move players up and down, they move 2 spaces at a time. Also, i cannot save my Draft Preference. I always get an error report. This as been going on since the last update or so. Please fix this up, since it happens on both my PC laptop and a Mac.

RIversdale Heroes, Buzzer

Hmm this is strange!

Could you please clear your cache and try again or a different browser?

Get back here if it doesn't solve it and we have a look.

//Tobias

I did empty my cache. I can now save, but the two-space-move is there. Please fix this up, i'm not the only one who as this problem.

Tried a different browser-same result, Chrome or Firefox.  Clearing cache no help, either

Edited by jdonutken

GHL draft today-2.5 hours away. I was desperate-had a lower-level player at #1, put there due to need.  the rest of the list i could live with, so i deleted him from my shortlist.  Then I tried making just ONE move and saving it, instead of multiple shuffles.  Single move save worked.  Did more single saves, then a multiple; seems to be back to normal now.

Edited by jdonutken

I've just cleared the cache on both my browsers. Nothing has changed. If this issue isn't resolved before the draft, i'll quit. 

Yeah I'm on the brink of quitting too, because this bug existed for so long and really screwed my draft. 

The lack of fixes and communication is frustrating. 

11 minutes ago, neuralhandshake said:

Yeah I'm on the brink of quitting too, because this bug existed for so long and really screwed my draft. 

The lack of fixes and communication is frustrating. 

Agreed. I was able to do SOME re-arranging, as above, but only got a player I could settle for; the player I wanted more went 2 picks after mine.  Also-seemed like the Day ended early; games usually play at 10:30 AM my time; draft results came several hours before that... ???  

1 hour ago, jdonutken said:

Agreed. I was able to do SOME re-arranging, as above, but only got a player I could settle for; the player I wanted more went 2 picks after mine.  Also-seemed like the Day ended early; games usually play at 10:30 AM my time; draft results came several hours before that... ???  

Player I wanted also went two or three after coincidentally. 

20 hours ago, neuralhandshake said:

Player I wanted also went two or three after coincidentally. 

Yes, I can see you got hosed, then...  🤬  

I sent a PM to Anders, he said he was going to look at it/ fix it. That was 5 days ago...... Getting pissed every time i see that it still doesn't work properly

Different browsers, same results. What a shitty thing. The draft is so important in this game, and nothing is done to solve it. Shame!

5 hours ago, jdonutken said:

It did it to me in Attack; now it's still there with upcoming Buzzer draft...  

It'll be fixed in another two months when someone finally checks and updates the site, I'm sure.

4 hours ago, neuralhandshake said:

It'll be fixed in another two months when someone finally checks and updates the site, I'm sure.

Today, I WAS able to do one change, then save it ok...SOMETIMES that works...  😕

Posted (edited)

Hey I can confirm this bug - yesterday I was unable to save my draft preferences in Buzzer and as a result I drafted with my 25th pick a 52nd ranked player. I didn't have time to get back to it. I'm super angry right now. 

With the super-annoying "Simulating" all the time (I cannot save my lineup pretty much every day because fo that  and I don't have that much time to play GPHM to login more than twice a day), I'm actually thinking about cancelling my subscription. 

Edited by bouncer

my sub expired today. not renewing. best of luck to all you guys.

as for the bug, i noticed if you make 1 move, save, make another move, save... taking that approach seemed to work, but who knows, right?

15 hours ago, bouncer said:

Hey I can confirm this bug - yesterday I was unable to save my draft preferences in Buzzer and as a result I drafted with my 25th pick a 52nd ranked player. I didn't have time to get back to it. I'm super angry right now. 

With the super-annoying "Simulating" all the time (I cannot save my lineup pretty much every day because fo that  and I don't have that much time to play GPHM to login more than twice a day), I'm actually thinking about cancelling my subscription. 

I'm tired of all of this, too. I know it's cheap as heck in comparison to other things, but Starbucks doesn't fuck up my coffee on a regular basis at least. 

I agree, but Anders is one dev. Debugging something like this, making changes in code, testing, is not a simple process in such a complex sim. If there was a larger userbase, perhaps he could afford to hire another dev. Or perhaps a fan of the sim is a dev and can volunteer to work on bug fixes or at least QA some work. 

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this