Sign in to follow this  
Smashvilles4Realz

Season 7 Chat

I'm hoping to build off the success I found in the 2nd half of the previous season. I was swept in the first round, due to my leading scorer who lead the GHL in points being injured. 

I improved my goalie situation, and found a stable 3rd D pair. But this game can be weird, good players don't = good results. 

I think It is going to be an exciting season in the SHL! After six games the Ducks are leading the race, and they destroyed us 2:5! :)

The Big Ducks will have their hands full tonight (i know, ducks don't have hands but work with me here) when the #2 New Hartford Whalers come to town! Containing Tage Thomsen will be the top priority if the Whale are to emerge victorious.

6 hours ago, Balazs said:

I think It is going to be an exciting season in the SHL! After six games the Ducks are leading the race, and they destroyed us 2:5! :)

16 minutes ago, Smashvilles4Realz said:

The Big Ducks will have their hands full tonight (i know, ducks don't have hands but work with me here) when the #2 New Hartford Whalers come to town! Containing Tage Thomsen will be the top priority if the Whale are to emerge victorious.

Our wings have been working overtime to compensate for our lack of hands!

I was expecting a good start for the ducks but not 7-0-0-0! this is going to be a big test tonight against our conference rivals, The New Hartford Whalers!

Edited by Tyrod Gibson

Good looking jerseys! :)

I think the Big Ducks are going to win this derby, they have an excellent squad, Tyrod has one of the strongest team in this division, and they will have the home advantage. Off course I support for the Whalers, because I see the Ducks are preparing to fly away. :) I think they are not just Big Ducks, they are the Mighty Ducks... :)

25 minutes ago, Balazs said:

I think the Big Ducks are going to win this derby, they have an excellent squad, Tyrod has one of the strongest team in this division, and they will have the home advantage. Off course I support for the Whalers, because I see the Ducks are preparing to fly away. :) I think they are not just Big Ducks, they are the Mighty Ducks... :)

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, after spending 2 seasons in the SHL i just kept adding and adding more to what i had so my teams teamwork stayed really high with mostly green egos.  The (Mighty) Big Ducks won't be heading south this winter, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Smashvilles4Realz said:

Then New Hartford Whalers are proud to announce the teams new collection of home-away-alt jerseys!         Be sure to order yours today!!Screenshot_2020-01-29 New Hartford Whalers - Game Plan Hockey Manager(1).pngScreenshot_2020-01-29 New Hartford Whalers - Game Plan Hockey Manager(2).pngScreenshot_2020-01-29 New Hartford Whalers - Game Plan Hockey Manager(4).png

Damn those look really good!  That 3rd jersey looks like somebody really ticked off the fisherman(king) from the home/away. Lets hope the fisherman keeps his shirt on against us tonight hahaha.

That was a great match!

The Whalers had an excellent start, but the Big Ducks nearly came back from 4 goals behind. The Whalers have some excellent scandinavian players, and they didn't let the team down.

The Tigers had a hard fought victory in the overtime, and it was a real disappointment for me. Our finishing was really poor, we had a lot of chances, and we scored only one in the regulation time. We are going to badly miss these points at the end of the season.

Today we are going to lock the horns with the Whales. Where are the Whalers when we badly need them? :) 

My favourite jersey is the second one, I have a nostalgic feeling when I look on them, it looks like the "old" Hartford Whales' jersey.

The Steam has an excellent squad, maybe there are some issues with the Teamwork. After some unlucky defeats, they had an invaluable away victory. This is a performance they can build on.

Agreed - keep it coming! Big Ducks are my early-season favourite, I've seen them build their team for the past 3 seasons, and they should shake some things up in the GHL if they get there. Tigers are a team to watch, as well as the Fighting Knights - will be keeping an eye on them all this season.

15 hours ago, Balazs said:

The Steam has an excellent squad, maybe there are some issues with the Teamwork. After some unlucky defeats, they had an invaluable away victory. This is a performance they can build on.

I think a big issue was captaincy! Guys just weren't stepping up but now they seem to be getting it together--I'm excited now that we're winning, it's pretty encouraging to have a HUGE jump in powerplay performance and everything over all.

3 hours ago, AlexanderRasputin said:

Agreed - keep it coming! Big Ducks are my early-season favourite, I've seen them build their team for the past 3 seasons, and they should shake some things up in the GHL if they get there. Tigers are a team to watch, as well as the Fighting Knights - will be keeping an eye on them all this season.

No love ferda Whale huh? Bulletin board material. Keep it coming.

Great game last night against the Ducks. A little surprised by the outcome to be honest. Seems the loss had a lasting effect as the Ducks dropped their next, game doubling their loss total.

Edited by Smashvilles4Realz

3 hours ago, Smashvilles4Realz said:

Great game last night against the Ducks. A little surprised by the outcome to be honest. Seems the loss had a lasting effect as the Ducks dropped their next, game doubling their loss total.

Great game Smash!

That game looked like it got close in the end, but the loss really took it's toll. This resulted in nobody showing up defensively next game (possibly due to hangover).  After some nights of heavy drinking back at the duck pond, The Ducks seemed to of finally snap of it,  stopping our little tailspin.

Tomorrow in the early hours (here in Hungary) the Steam will have a big-big challenge, they are going to head-to-head with the Big Ducks. The Portland team found their captain and some magic formula and they won 4 games in a row! :) Packer the Steam's center has 14 points after 11 games (4+10), Tage Thomsen has 7+9 so he is the most effective attacker in the other team. This will be a great game, I am going to check the result after I wake up! :)

9 hours ago, Balazs said:

Tomorrow in the early hours (here in Hungary) the Steam will have a big-big challenge, they are going to head-to-head with the Big Ducks. The Portland team found their captain and some magic formula and they won 4 games in a row! :) Packer the Steam's center has 14 points after 11 games (4+10), Tage Thomsen has 7+9 so he is the most effective attacker in the other team. This will be a great game, I am going to check the result after I wake up! :)

Totally beefed it! Well, not too badly. But I put in my weaker tendy and got bit :)

We are the Lords of the Overtime! :) We are huffing and puffing and always find ourselves in an uphill battle, and if we don't lose in regulation time, then comes the lucky escape! :) I have a suspicion that there will be no lucky escape against the Sebastian Storm. They have a superior squad, and Dave "granpubah" Calloway is a very experienced manager with great tactical skill. I have learnt a lot about the game's tactical aspects just watching his team, and analyzing our battles. My team started the career in the LIHL, the Storm is a well settled SHL team, so it will be a great challenge.

Smashvilles4Real is going to travel to the Knights, they have a terrific team, so Smash need to dig deep if they want to steal some points!:) The Knights offered me Dawkins in a trade, and I feel some regret because I rejected the offer. :)

That's an interesting trade:

From Knights (SHL) to Twisters (BHL)

SHL level 1st round pick

SHL level 2nd round pick

SHL level 2nd round pick

From Twisters to Knights

CHL level 1st round pick

CHL level 2nd round pick

CHL level 1st round pick

BHL level 2nd round pick

J. Marquardt (C) 31, years enforcer overall rating 71.

Edited by Balazs

Well if you are the lord of overtime, i'm the lord of showing up for big games but choking to computer teams lol. Whalers goalie Thorsten Franciel, all 5'5 of him, is having a great season so far. Unfortunately my back up has been terrible. Time to make a call downstairs and bring up this newly-acquired rookie net minder Alexei O-Bourne and see what he has to offer...

These are dark times for the Tigers, defeats after defeats... Maybe we can reach a playoff spot, but we need to find our better form. 

Strange, the subtleties of this game.  I took my mediocre Buccaneers team, merely added a decent young center, and juggled 3 right wings across 3 lines, aaand we're promoted...🤔 Also, in a move that looked counter-intuitive, changed backup goalie.  Also have to thank the Oshawa Outlaws GHL, who traded me what became 4 of my best starters, in return for an SHL1st and a goalie who was my previous SHL1st...  *sigh* there's some awfully competitive-looking teams coming back to SHL next season; have to hope I can grab some of their broken contracts and hang on; probably be back in SHL soon enough 🤣

I spent the first 4 seasons in Lower Iron but since then I've only spent one season in each higher level and even achieved auto-promotion to Silver this season.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this