zinnyzxx

[SOLVED] All Menus Struggling to Load

Anyone else having this issue? For the last week or 2, messages, and all pages have to be hit multiple times and then load very slowly. Currently, I can't get the transfer page to load at all. 

I've experienced this for months lol, thought that maybe my browser just didn't support it as well.  Guess not haha

Yes. For me it has only been the Messages page which can sometimes take 5-10 minutes to load. All other pages are fine. 

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Everything seems back to normal now.  I started noticing the issue with the Messages page around January 10th and the problem persisted until yesterday January 15th.

Is this still happening to anyone?  All pages are fine, except the Manager page.  It takes this 15-20 seconds to load.

Same here. Everything else loads fairly good, but manager page takes sometimes up to 15 seconds to load (up to 30-40 seconds on tablet).

Very disappointed to see this with an NA tag on it. While it's not exactly a bug in the code, it is an issue. I would, at the very least, expect a response telling where such issues can be reported. Current action points to just ignoring the issue.

Never meant to ignore this. Just had a hard time reproducing the issue and thought it was something that only happen on rare occasions. I will take a closer look at this.

Is it the very first view of the manager page that takes that long time to load? Or when switching tabs to the history tab?

On 5/18/2020 at 3:25 PM, GamePlanHockey said:

Is it the very first view of the manager page that takes that long time to load? Or when switching tabs to the history tab?

Now that you mention it, for me it is both.  When I originally try to load the Manager tab and when switching to the history tab.  Also, when deleting messages, it takes quite a while for the page to load again.  And it's only the Manager tab... Team, League and Transfers all load quickly.

Same as with Paul. At any given time when logging in or rechecking the manager page while in game causes considerable lag. It loads very slowly. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I do have a massive amount of PM message strings on my manager page. I will try tonight and delete most of them because the new chat feature is much more convenient to use anyway. If it has to load all those strings every single time, I could see where it might cause a noticeable delay on a mobile device. It still puzzles me, however, that the page loads slowly on a direct cable connection as well.

9 hours ago, Deadwing said:

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I do have a massive amount of PM message strings on my manager page.

Hmm... same here.

Posted (edited)

I started deleting the old message strings, and quickly came to a conclusion that it's a task too great as the game keeps each thread for 90 days before it expires. I noticed something alarming though, which may or may not be the reason for lag, but certainly something I've never really paid attention to before.

Each time you send a PM through the old system on the manager page, and each time you reply to it, the game duplicates the entire thread and sends it the other way instead of getting rid of the old thread. Then the other manager responds, and again the game creates a copy of everything + the new response and sends it back. So if the thread started with 1 message sent by manager A and manager B replied to it, you have 2 messages stored in 1 thread and all is well. You got your reply. Now if manager A decides to continue the conversation and sends a second message by just replying to the old one, and manager B does the same, you now have 6 messages stored in 2 threads (2 in the original and 2+2 in the new duplicate the game created when manager B responded to your second message including your earlier response). This sounds a little bit gibberish, but can you imagine what happens when you bounce the thread back and forth for, let's say, 15 times? That is a lot of messages in a lot of threads, and the original message has now a whopping 15 copies of it in your PM box in tidy separate threads.

Who cares? Well, managers who used the old PM system for just exchanging thoughts and ideas about the game, those threads expanded into hundreds of messages at best. So yeah, I couldn't clean up my box because there's no simple "tag and delete all" -option :) I'm not sure if this is the only reason, but I'm pretty sure it's a major one.

Conclusion: Use the new chat.. it's pretty awesome. :)

Edit: I was one of those managers, and I have probably hundreds of dupes of each message I ever wrote, so I wouldn't wonder if it causes some lag. It's just text, but truly massive amounts. :P

Edited by Deadwing

I deleted all of my World Messages and most of my World PMs and the page load time is now approximately 5 seconds compared to the previous 15-20 seconds.  A noticeable difference.  Still a slight lag from the other tabs which take about a second to load, but much better.

Agree with Deadwing - with Discord and the new messaging system, we probably don't have a use for the World PMs.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Paul T said:

I deleted all of my World Messages and most of my World PMs and the page load time is now approximately 5 seconds compared to the previous 15-20 seconds.  A noticeable difference.  Still a slight lag from the other tabs which take about a second to load, but much better.

Agree with Deadwing - with Discord and the new messaging system, we probably don't have a use for the World PMs.

I couldn't even delete all my PM's, there's just too many in the last 90 days. I went on for about ten minutes and finally gave up.

I get slight lag on every page, but that has always been the case. I'm not sure what could be done about that?

Edited by Deadwing

36 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

I couldn't even delete all my PM's, there's just too many in the last 90 days. I went on for about ten minutes and finally gave up.

I did it in about 10 minutes.  Are you using your phone or laptop?  If laptop, you can open like 10 tabs at a time.

Yeah, I had a ton, especially in the days leading up to the draft.  There was one day with 30+ messages to the same manager.  Once you delete them all it's worth it.  The menu taking forever to load was driving me nuts.  It's worth the 10-20 mins to delete them all.

From the v2.4.1 release and forward it's no longer possible to send PMs the old way (it was a horrible design 😃 ). Hopefully this will solve this issue. However all old PMs will still be available until they expires (90 day limit).

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now