Sign in to follow this  
rainsilent

GHL playoff matchups

So I may have had a rather busy Friday and forgot to put up a match up preview for the finals. Oops. Well your getting one late anyways.

#3 Sheshegwaning Dragons vs #2 West Chicago Hawks

Regular season series: 2 wins Dragons

I think this is likely to be a close series even though one game has already been played. The Dragons have the better offensive team talent wise while the Hawks play a more complete team game that emphasizes strong defensive play. If the Dragons had a goalie I felt like I could trust I would say that this is the match up of the two best teams in the league. Outside of the net it certainly is in my mind. I am really looking forward to seeing how this series plays out.

Honest confession: I'm pulling for the Hawks in this one for the simple fact that he has his entire team playing in a way I wish I could get my team to play. Either way, best of luck to both teams.

A great Finals matchup for sure!  Defending champs and beasts of the East, the Dragons against the West Chicago Hawks (formerly West Chicago Protons, and multiple time champions, of Biscuit).  I can see dynasties starting for both of these teams.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Ah, the 4-5 loss in the second game of the finals sucks! But so far, pretty close games in the finals... exciting! 

Wow - that Finals series was intense!  All 1 goal games with the last two being decided in OT.  It could have gone either way.  In the end, the Hawks pulled it off.

Congrats, Bouncer!  Anyone who previously played in Biscuit is familiar with seeing his name on the championship banner. 

Another great season, Peek.  I look forward to trying to take you down next season.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Gratz Bouncer and Hawks! Great series. Well deserved title in a very tight finals where better team won :)

I can't be unhappy, especially after shipping off my goalie in mid season. Great season and looking forward for next one where I will be even better... hopefully :) Still, I'd rather I won these finals, but it is what it is hehe :)

Looking forward for a very competetive Eastern division next season and some mighty teams, like Tide, Stealheads, neversaydie Rain and others :) 

Edited by Peekaboo

On 1/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, bouncer said:

Ah, the 4-5 loss in the second game of the finals sucks! But so far, pretty close games in the finals... exciting! 

Let me quote this for this last game :DDD

Thanks to all. I'm really happy and can't believe it - last two rounds were incredibly close and I guess I was lucky. I really like my team... 2nd and 3rd line can always step in when top line struggles. 

Peekaboo - your offense is scary, I was lucky your goalie was not any help, otherwise you would smash me :)

I said it in chat but I'll also say it here for everyone to see for eternity.

Defense in the finals, paging defense in the finals please.

Joking aside congratulations to Bouncer on the championship and peek on a great playoff run against the odds of his goaltenders. It almost ended just like it did between the Blackhawks and Flyers in the 2010 cup finals. It was a great show to watch too.

My goalies were right where they need to be, if we look at their skill - at 90%.

I wouldn't get this far if my team didnt score like they did.

Everyone got rating over 70, while most of them are in the green. I am really happy how they performed.

Anyways, great season and now lets trade! ;)

Edited by Peekaboo

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this