daltontr

Tales from the front office: DDSPB

uKt6NPm.jpg
2027-2028 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - NBA FINALS  (GAME 1) 

This was a game that only a Bulls fans could enjoy. Total domination from the opening tip and the Bulls never trailed in the game. Chicago's Jayson Tatum awoke from his Eastern Conference Finals slumber and scored 32 points, with 4 assists and 8 rebounds. Tatum was the clear choice for Player of the Game and I was thrilled to see him bounce back after a very lacklusters conference finals. Statistically speaking, the game looked close on paper, with Gottlieb and company having a 50-32 point edge in the paint, but beyond that, the Spurs lack of defense was fairly evident. They will need to play much better if they hope to compete with the Bulls. 

NBA FINALS
        Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT    F   W
SAS(3)| 16 | 28 | 31 | 24 | -- |  99 (0)
CHI(1)| 34 | 26 | 30 | 25 | -- | 115 (1)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2027-2028 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - NBA FINALS  (GAME 2) 

Another convincing win by the Chicago Bulls, with D'Angelo Russell picking up Player of the Game honors. Russell scored 29 points, with 9 assists and 4 rebounds. Truthfully, this game could have been very different if the Spurs had hit their free throws. San Antonio went 17-28 from the charity stripe, which is only 60.7% shooting from the free throw line. The Spurs also went 7-19 from three, but neither of those stats are surprising. The Spurs are known for their free throw shooting woes and they've never been a team that is very good at shooting three's. The series now heads to San Antonio, but unlike Orlando in the Eastern Conference Finals, the Spurs seem resigned to their fate. The only good news for Spurs fans is that Giannis picked up a mild injury in game two and is listed as probable for game three with a sore arm. Although a team spokesman did state that he would miss a couple of weeks. I find that hard to believe, but that's typical coming from the PR Department.

NBA FINALS
SAS(3)| 18 | 31 | 24 | 25 | -- |  98 (0)
CHI(1)| 36 | 22 | 32 | 17 | -- | 107 (2)

---------------------

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2027-2028 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - NBA FINALS  (GAME 3) 

With the injury to Giannis, coach Starks was forced to give Ryan Jefferson the start. Jefferson is no stranger to the starting lineup, but this was his first start on such a big stage and he did not disappoint. Jefferson scored 20 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in his starting role. Giannis did play 21 minutes, but he did so coming off the bench, scoring 7 points with 3 rebounds. The Player of the Game was Jayson Tatum, who scored 21 points with 4 assists and 4 rebounds. With the victory, the Bulls are poised to capture their second title in the past three years and fourth since I took over as the GM in 2019.  

NBA FINALS
CHI(1)| 28 | 27 | 26 | 33 | -- | 114 (3)
SAS(3)| 31 | 28 | 26 | 22 | -- | 107 (0)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2027-2028 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - NBA FINALS  (GAME 4) 

The Chicago Bulls are NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

The game was close at the end of the first half, with the Spurs leading 64-59. However, Chicago came out of the locker room like a team on a mission and proceeded to put on a basketball clinic, outscoring the Spurs 72-46 in the final two quarters and walking away with their tenth NBA Championship. D'Angelo Russell led all scorers with 34 points, 14 assists and was named the Player of the Game. Devin Booker did find his way back into the Spurs lineup and he scored 17 points with 6 assists and 4 rebounds, but he alone was not going to change the Spurs fortunes. Now the only thing that remains to be seen is whether or not the Bulls General Manager will be around next season. Since taking over as the Bulls new owner, Mario Humphries has had a somewhat contentious relationship with his GM. Dalton defied his orders to remain under the league's salary cap, but also delivered an NBA Championship. Will Humphries forgive Dalton's indiscretions or is his ego too bruised to allow him to stay? We'll know the answer to that question soon enough. 

NBA FINALS
CHI(1)| 37 | 22 | 34 | 38 | -- | 131 (4)
SAS(3)| 39 | 25 | 23 | 23 | -- | 110 (0)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2027-2028 SEASON - END OF YEAR AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
Matt Hankins (Guard ORL) 30.1 ppg / 7.2 apg / 5.0 rpg / 3.7 spg / 0.8 bpg

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Matt Hankins (Guard ORL) 30.1 ppg / 7.2 apg / 5.0 rpg / 3.7 spg / 0.8 bpg

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR
Ante Zizic (Center TOR) 10.8 ppg / 1.3 apg / 6.5 rpg / 0.4 spg / 0.8 bpg

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Murray Slater (Forward DEN) 16.8 ppg / 2.9 apg / 6.9 rpg / 1.2 spg / 1.1 bpg

COACH OF THE YEAR
Brian Starks - Chicago Bulls 76-6 <---

ALL-LEAGUE 1st TEAM
G Matt Hankins (ORL)
G Donovan Mitchell (UTA)
F Joaquin Villarreal (ORL)
F Bernard Person (PHO)
C Mitchell Robinson (NYK)

ALL-LEAGUE 2nd TEAM
G Ja Morant (MEM)
G Jamaal Hickerson (LAL)
F Sharone Preston (CLE)
F Zion Williamson (NOP)
C Justin McCuthison (CHI) <---

ALL-LEAGUE 3rd TEAM
G Luka Doncic (DAL)
G Zach LaVine (MIA)
F Jason Tatum (CHI) <---
F Giannis Antetokounmpo (CHI) <---
C Jason Robertson (OKC)

ALL-DEFENSIVE 1st TEAM
G Matt Hankins (ORL)
G Matisse Thybulle (DEN)
F Jayson Tatum (BOS)
F Kristaps Porzingis (DAL)
C Mitchell Robinson (NYK)

ALL-DEFENSIVE 2nd TEAM
G Ben Simmons (PHI)
G Juan Menser (MIN)
F Casey Ohanlon (GSW)
F Giannis Antetokounmpo (CHI) <---
C Greg Dumic (GSW)

ALL-ROOKIE 1st TEAM
G Jared Wilson (HOU)
G Gregory Hawkins (CHI) <---
F Elliot DeWitt (NOP)
F Murray Slater (DEN)
C Mike Simmons (MIL)

ALL-ROOKIE 2nd TEAM
G Vincent Kraft (PHI)
G Ryan Williams (BKN)
F Dan Keith (POR)
F Andy Page (LAC)
C Torian Smith (IND)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2027-2028 POST SEASON REPORT 

FIRST OWNER MEETING
When was the last time a GM won an NBA Title and was fired at the end of the season? Never...I think? Regardless, I figure if there ever was a time that could happen, it would be now. The owner and I really got off on the wrong foot and I very publicly defied him by exceeding the salary cap. Then again, I did put a trophy on his self. With some trepidation, I picked up the phone when my secretary notified me that the owner was on the phone. "Good morning Mr. Humphries, how are we doing today?" He asked me how I thought I did and I told him what any GM in my position would have said. I told him I thought I did an excellent job. He replied, "Well you met my expectations for quality of the team despite spending more than we agreed upon. Would you like to come back for another season?" I hesitate for just a second and graciously accept his offer. I know I could and probably should just walk away on a high note, but I simply have to see if this team can repeat. How could anyone simply walk away from a team that just won 76 games and an NBA Title? Not me. 

SECOND OWNER MEETING
Well, I was dreading this day. The team I've assembled may have won an NBA Title, but this year's payroll is going to be through the roof. Yes, we are talking about the rarefied air of the luxury tax. I told the owner we are championship material and really meant it this time, however he wasn't at all interested in hearing about venturing above the cap, much less paying a luxury tax. There is no way I can get us below the cap, without totally gutting the team and the only way I can get us below the luxury tax is to rid ourselves of some high priced talent. Giannis is the likely candidate, as he is set to make $49 plus million this year. That is indeed a lot of money for a 34 year-old power forward, but it's the "Greek Freak" we're talking about. His headed to the Hall of Fame material and one of my personal favorite players. It would break my heart if I had to give up Giannis and I would love to see him finish his career here in Chicago and keeping Giannis just happens to be one of the owners roster demands, so he stays regardless of his salary. We're going into the season with the same starting five and that's that. If we have to pay a luxury tax, so be it. 

PLAYER CONTRACTS
Not a lot to do. I pretty much have the entire team coming back for the 2028-2029 campaign, so I just need to pick up some free agent bench players. I did go ahead an exercise the rookie options for SG Gregory Hawkins, PF Ryan Jefferson and PG Marcus Bosl. I only have three positions to fill and we have the sixth overall pick (via MIL) in the upcoming draft. 

FREE AGENTS
C  Steven Adams - Adams played well coming off the bench and when asked to step in for an injured McCuthison. However, he is 35 now and showing signs of decline. I really like Adams and I think there is a little more gas in the tank, but we are going to look elsewhere first. If I can't find a suitable replacement, I'm confident I can bring Adams back on a low level exception contract. 

PG Spencer Dinwiddie - Dinwiddie is another aging pro in the twilight of his career. At 35 he has nearly exhausted all of his talent and we have Bosl waiting in the wings. He could probably be had for the minimum, but I think there are better options.

C  James Jackson - Taken #3 by the Magic in the second round of the 2024 NBA draft, Jackson has spent the vast majority of his time in the D-League. We signed him as a two-way free agent in December of 2026. He only played in three games that season and has spent the last two seasons in Springfield. However, he is only 23 years old and I think he still has some untapped potential, I'm just not sure he will ever going to realize it, because he isn't going to get much, if any, playing time with us. Probably time for him to find a new home. 

STAFF CONTRACTS
All four members of the coaching staff have one year remaining on their current contracts. This is the put up or shut up year. If I am going to keep any of my coaches, I'm going to have to pony up some cash. Unfortunately I have an owner who is not going to open up his coin purse. Head coach Brian Starks has a 208-38 win/loss record and two championship rings. Do you think he'll be demanding a big pay raise...is the Sun hot? Starks is looking for $18 plus million. I have approximately $9 million to spread between four coaches and the training staff. Hell, I can't even afford to re-sign the 1st assistant Byron Scott. This alone is going to drive me out of the Bulls organization. It is virtually impossible to keep good coaches when the organization isn't willing to pay fair market value. 

---------------------

hX9CBli.jpg
2028-2029 PRE SEASON REPORT 

This off season has been far busier than I anticipated. We drafted small forward Enric Obrégon with the sixth overall pick in the draft, extended D'Angelo Russell's contract, signed four free agents and exercised the rookie options on Marcus Bosl, Ryan Jefferson and Gregory Hawkins. D'Angelo Russell is 32 years-old, but he is currently playing better than ever. Extending his contract through the 2032-2033 may be risky, but he will save us approximately $30 million over the length of his contract and that makes him a bargain. 

I didn't plan on signing four free agents, but I'm happy that I did. We brought back center Steven Adams at the minimum and signed former Bulls players, shooting guard Markelle Fultz and power forward Luke Kornet on low-level exceptions. I also signed center Tony Bradley on a mid-level exception to be McCuthison's backup. Now, this is where things get weird. Last year, Midway through the season, I traded Markelle Fultz to Milwaukee for Jaylen Nowell. Now that Fultz is back on the team, coach Starks has decided to go with Fultz as the starting shooting guard, with Hawkins as the sixth man and Nowell relegated to the bench.

Nowell makes way too much money to ride the pine, so I decided to seek out a trade. I wasn't looking to cut payroll, but rather find a suitable backup for Russell. I eventually struck a deal with the Portland Trailblazers for PG Trevon Duval and SF Dan Keith. Keith is only 23 years-old and could develop into a decent small forward, but truthfully, he was packaged in the deal to reached the leagues' cap requirements. The 30 year-old Duval was brought in to be a backup, but once again coach Starks has thrown me another curve ball and placed Duval, a point guard, in the starting lineup as the starting shooting guard??? This subsequently relegates Fultz to the bench behind Hawkins. Look, I get it. Hawkins is a good young player, but his basketball IQ is preventing him from getting a starting role. 

So we enter the season just under $42 million under the cap, but we have what I would consider an even better, albeit older, team than last year. Can we repeat a 76 win season, unlikely, but we are the defending NBA Champions and there is no reason we can't repeat. We better, because the owner is going to shit himself when he sees how much money I've spent. The funny thing is that once again Atlanta has been picked to finish ahead of us in the Eastern Conference. No respect I tell ya!

Lastly, I didn't think the salary cap was keeping up with the current player salary demands, so I found a site that had the projected cap through the 2028 season and adjusted accordingly. I also like nice round numbers, so I rounded the cap off at $180 million with $215 million luxury tax cap. I will manually increase both by $10 million each year from here on out. So, next years cap will be $190 and the luxury tax cap at $225. 

STAFF
The entire staff was in the final year of their contracts and now seemed like the prudent time to negotiate new deals. So, I basically gave them all what they wanted and next year's staff budget is going to be through the roof...I don't care.

Now this is an area that I really take issue with. First, there is no mechanism to negotiate an increase in staff payroll and that makes it literally impossible to re-sign or sign good coaches as salaries increase. Plus, every team seems to have a different staff budget. I think ours is $12,800,000 for four coaches and the training staff, which is a joke. There are coaches in the league that demand and get paid more than that per season. In the real world, the highest paid coaches earn around $11 mil a year, but in the game a coach like Steve Kerr makes $19.8 million a year, Doc Rivers $17.9, Stan Van Gundy $15.1, Erik Spoelstra $14.8, Tom Thibodeau $13.5, Quinn Snyder $13.9, Brad Stevens $13.4 and Scott Brooks $13.9. Everyone of those teams is over their staff budgets. Cleveland (Doc Rivers) is actually $-26.9 million over their staff budget and Cleveland's owner has no desire to win or spend money, so why are they that far over budget??? 

Regardless, I see this area of the game as a detriment. Coaches salaries are out of control, as evident by my current staffs new renegotiated deals. All my coaches wanted four year deals and I tried to negotiate their requests down a bit, they all pretty much got what they asked for. Head Coach $17,425,000 per year, 1st Assistant $10,025,000 per year, 2nd Assistant $2,850,000 per year and third assistant $1,610,000 per year. Should I have resigned all four coaches, of course not, but I just had to see how much it was going to cost. The only way I could have even remotely stayed within the staff budget was to let both the head coach and first assistant go. My head coach record is 208-38, three playoffs and two championships and I'm just supposed to let him go?!? Who in their right mind would do such a thing? Anyway, this is just my pet peeve and I don't like how staffing and staff budget works.

DRAFT
We had the sixth overall pick in the NBA Draft, but the draft was very weak this year and there weren't a lot of great players available outside of the top three. So, we selected Small forward Enric Obrégon from Spain. Obrégon is 6'8", 233 lbs and only 19 years old. He is a very raw talent and despite J.P.'s incessant bitching about my picks, the staff really liked him, so I selected him. I think he has some upside, but I don't see him lasting very long if he doesn't develop quickly and he'll probably spend his first year, maybe two, in the D-League.  

TRADES
Trailblazers trade PG Trevon Duval and SF Dan Keith to the Bulls for SG Jaylen Nowell, PG Andrew Miller, 2029 1st round pick, 2029 2nd round pick and 2029 2nd round pick (via WAS).

CONTRACTS
Extended the contract of D'Angelo Russell ($85,546,515 over 3 years)
Exercised rookie option for Marcus Bosl.
Exercised rookie option for Ryan Jefferson
Exercised rookie option for Gregory Hawkins

FREE AGENCY

C  Tony Bradley       |$16,000,000/2y
SG Markelle Fultz     | $6,745,568/2y
PF Luke Kornet        | $6,745,568/2y
C  Steven Adams       | $3,372,784/1y

TEAM ROSTER

SALARY CAP
CAP: $180,000,000
TAX: $215,000,000

CONTRACTS (TEAM SALARY $221,950,140 / CAP STATUS $-41,950,140)

Player                | PS | CUR | POT | HGT | LBS | AG | EX |   SALARY    | CONTRACT
Giannis Antetokounmpo | PF | 4.5 | 4.5 | 6-11| 242 | 34 | 15 | $49,390,625 | $100,820,312/2y
D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 3.5 | 3.5 | 6-4 | 193 | 32 | 13 | $37,382,085 | $122,928,600/4y
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 4.0 | 4.0 | 6-8 | 204 | 30 | 11 | $37,220,754 | $76,720,329/2y
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 3.5 | 4.0 | 6-11| 280 | 24 |  4 | $32,900,000 | $104,622,000/3y
Trevon Duval          | PG | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-2 | 194 | 30 | 10 | $14,344,128 | $29,589,009/2y (PO)
Gregory Hawkins       | SG | 3.5 | 4.0 | 6-4 | 198 | 23 |  1 | $10,379,600 | $21,485,772/2y (RO)
Tony Bradley          | C  | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-10| 248 | 31 | 11 | $8,300,000  | $16,600,000/2y
Enric Obrégon         | SF | 1.0 | 3.0 | 6-8 | 233 | 19 |  0 | $6,654,853  | $13,808,753/2y (RO)
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 3.5 | 3.5 | 6-8 | 222 | 25 |  2 | $5,218,497  | $11,872,080/2y
Dan Keith             | SF | 2.0 | 2.5 | 6-9 | 234 | 23 |  1 | $4,111,800  | $8,511,426/2y (RO)
KZ Okpala             | SF | 2.0 | 2.0 | 6-8 | 215 | 29 |  9 | $3,549,338  | $3,549,338/1y
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-3 | 200 | 30 | 11 | $3,372,784  | $6,745,568/2y 
Luke Kornet           | PF | 2.0 | 2.0 | 7-2 | 240 | 33 | 11 | $3,372,784  | $6,745,568/2y
Steven Adams          | C  | 2.0 | 2.0 | 6-11| 265 | 35 | 15 | $3,372,784  | $3,372,784/1y
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-0 | 189 | 25 |  2 | $2,380,180  | $6,676,202/2y

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - OCTOBER

Off to a good start, but the Atlanta Hawks are for real. They lead the league in scoring, assists and rebounds. They are the only remaining undefeated team in the NBA and they even gave us our only loss of the season to date, 144-138. Don't get me wrong, they are beatable, but beating them in a seven game series is going to be a daunting task. Personally, I think we are up to the task, but we need to get this shooting guard by committee sorted out and the sooner the better. A solid scorer at the two spot would be immensely helpful, especially since Giannis is off to the worst season of his career. Can Giannis bounce back at the age of 34? It's hard to tell, this might actually be the beginning of the end for him, but let's hope I'm wrong about that. The NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint, and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season.  

SCHEDULE

GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
TOR @ CHI |  95-105 |  W  |
MIN @ CHI | 103-116 |  W  |
CHI @ ATL | 138-144 |  L  |
CHI @ POR | 103-91  |  W  |
CHI @ OKC | 120-102 |  W  |
NOP @ CHI | 118-130 |  W  |
PHO @ CHI |  78-111 |  W  |
---------------------------
RECORD     W-L
OVERALL |  6-1  |
MONTH   |  6-1  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
ATL  6-0  | MEM  5-2
CHI  6-1  | GSW  5-2
CLE  4-1  | DAL  4-3
NYK  5-2  | MIN  4-3
TOR  5-3  | LAC  4-3
PHI  4-3  | PHO  4-3
DET  4-3  | SAS  4-4
ORL  4-3  | SAC  4-4
----------|----------
BOS  3-3  | DEN  3-4
BKN  3-3  | HOU  3-5
IND  4-4  | NOP  2-5
MIA  3-3  | OKC  2-5
CHA  3-4  | LAL  1-5
WAS  2-5  | POR  1-6
MIL  1-6  | UTA  106

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 117.6 (2nd)
Assists          |  26.9 (2nd)
Rebounds         |  48.7 (3rd)
Points Allowed   | 104.4 (11th)
Blocks           |   7.0 (10th)
Steals           |   8.6 (17th)
Field Goal %     |  .496 (3rd)
Three Point %    |  .348 (9th)
Free Throw %     |  .754 (22nd)
Offensive Rating | 117.5 (2nd)
Defensive Rating | 104.6 (11th)
Net Rating       |  12.9 (3rd)
Power Ranking    |   6th (Last Week 10th | +4)

TEAM ROSTER

STARTERS              | PS | GM | GS | MPG  | PPG  | APG | RPG |
D'Angelo Russell      | PG |  7 |  7 | 35.7 | 23.6 | 8.4 | 3.0 |
Trevon Duval          | PG |  5 |  5 | 23.4 |  6.2 | 1.4 | 1.2 |
Jayson Tatum          | SF |  7 |  7 | 30.3 | 16.7 | 3.6 | 7.6 |
Giannis Antetokounmpo | PF |  7 |  7 | 31.3 | 11.0 | 4.6 |10.0 |
Justin McCuthison     | C  |  7 |  7 | 33.6 | 22.6 | 1.3 |12.1 | 
---------------------------------------------------------------
BENCH                 | PS | GM | GS | MPG  | PPG  | APG | RPG |
Gregory Hawkins       | SG |  5 |  0 | 27.8 |  8.2 | 1.4 | 3.6 |
Ryan Jefferson        | PF |  7 |  0 | 20.1 | 12.1 | 1.0 | 3.7 |
Markelle Fultz        | SG |  7 |  2 | 20.1 |  8.0 | 2.6 | 0.6 |
Toney Bradley         | C  |  7 |  0 | 11.6 |  3.3 | 0.9 | 3.1 |
Steven Adams          | C  |  4 |  0 |  4.5 |  3.0 | 0.0 | 1.5 |
Marcus Bosl           | PG |  7 |  0 |  7.9 |  5.1 | 1.1 | 1.0 |
KZ Okpala             | SF |  7 |  0 | 10.7 |  3.1 | 1.0 | 1.3 |
Luke Kornet           | PF |  1 |  0 |  1.0 |  0.0 | 0.0 | 0.0 |
Dan Keith             | SF |  0 |  0 |  0.0 |  0.0 | 0.0 | 0.0 |
Enric Obrégon         | SF |  0 |  0 |  0.0 |  0.0 | 0.0 | 0.0 |
D-LEAGUE              | PS | GM | GS | MPG  | PPG  | APG | RPG |

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - NOVEMBER

Well...I can't believe I actually did it...but I traded Giannis on November 1st. I was sad to see him go, because I really like Giannis, but the deal with the Spurs was simply too good to pass up. I traded Giannis, shooting guard Greg Hawkins and our 2031 1st round pick to the San Antonio Spurs for SG Devin Booker, PF Paul Johnson and the Spurs 2029 1st round pick. Honestly, I didn't like the situation with the shooting guard by committee and Devin Booker immediately puts that nonsense to rest. Paul Johnson is an excellent young power forward and although he may never have the Hall of Fame career that Giannis has had, he has a lot of upside and is a solid starter in the league. The only downside is that Johnson is in the final year of his contract and it might be difficult to sign him to an extension. Then again, I might not need to with Ryan Jefferson playing well off the bench. 

SCHEDULE

GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
CHI @ MIL |  95-93  |  W  |
CHI @ NYK |  94-104 |  L  |
CHI @ BOS | 105-82  |  W  |
DAL @ CHI | 102-125 |  W  |
CHI @ IND | 114-101 |  W  |
CHI @ CLE | 129-103 |  W  |
SAS @ CHI | 124-118 |  L  |
CHI @ MEM | 106-94  |  W  |
IND @ CHI |  86-94  |  W  |
CHI @ ATL | 132-140 |  L  |
CHI @ WAS | 117-112 |  W  |
BKN @ CHI | 101-120 |  W  |
PHI @ CHI | 141-144 |  W  |
WAS @ CHI |  98-115 |  W  |
CHI @ SAS | 109-99  |  W  |
RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 18-4  |
MONTH   | 12-3  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
ATL 18-3  | MIN 15-7
CHI 18-4  | GSW 15-8
NYK 16-5  | PHO 13-8
TOR 13-8  | SAS 12-9
MIA 12-9  | SAC 12-10
BKN 11-9  | DAL 11-10
DET 11-9  | POR 11-11
PHI 12-11 | NOP 10-11
----------|----------
IND 10-10 | LAC  9-12
CLE  9-11 | HOU  9-13
ORL  8-13 | MEM  8-12
WAS  8-14 | UTA  8-13
CHA  7-13 | OKC  7-13
MIL  7-15 | DEN  7-15
BOS  5-16 | LAL  5-15

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

STATISTIC        |   Current   |  Previous   |
Points           | 115.5 (2nd) | 117.6 (2nd) | NC
Assists          |  24.6 (6th) |  26.9 (2nd) | -4
Rebounds         |  47.5 (3rd) |  48.7 (3rd) | NC
Points Allowed   | 105.0 (16th)| 104.4 (11th)| -4
Blocks           |   8.0 (8th) |   7.0 (10th)| +2
Steals           |   9.4 (14th)|   8.6 (17th)| +3
Field Goal %     |  .464 (7th) |  .496 (3rd) | -4
Three Point %    |  .337 (10th)|  .348 (9th) | -1
Free Throw %     |  .762 (20th)|  .754 (22nd)| +2
Offensive Rating | 112.4 (2nd) | 117.5 (2nd) | NC
Defensive Rating | 102.2 (6th) | 104.6 (11th)| +5
Net Rating       |  10.2 (2nd) |  12.9 (3rd) | +1
----------------------------------------------
Power Ranking    |   2nd (+4)  |

TEAM ROSTER

D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 21 | 21 | 36.5 | 21.8 | 6.4 | 3.6 |
Devin Booker          | SG | 23 | 23 | 36.4 | 20.7 | 5.5 | 4.2 |
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 22 | 22 | 32.7 | 13.8 | 3.0 | 5.4 |
Paul Johnson          | PF | 23 | 21 | 30.6 | 11.6 | 1.6 | 7.2 |
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 22 | 22 | 39.4 | 17.7 | 1.1 |12.0 | 
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 22 |  2 | 22.5 | 15.0 | 1.2 | 4.5 |
Trevon Duval          | PG | 20 |  6 | 15.1 |  3.9 | 2.2 | 1.4 |
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 22 |  2 | 13.9 |  5.1 | 2.0 | 1.9 |
Toney Bradley         | C  | 22 |  0 | 12.4 |  4.5 | 0.9 | 4.1 |
Steven Adams          | C  | 14 |  0 |  6.6 |  2.9 | 0.1 | 1.8 |
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 14 |  0 |  6.8 |  4.4 | 0.9 | 0.7 |
KZ Okpala             | SF | 22 |  0 | 10.9 |  3.0 | 0.6 | 1.5 |
Luke Kornet           | PF |  2 |  0 |  3.0 |  0.0 | 0.0 | 0.0 |
Dan Keith             | SF |  1 |  1 | 29.0 |  4.0 | 4.0 | 7.0 |
Enric Obrégon         | SF |  1 |  0 | 22.0 | 12.0 | 3.0 | 5.0 |

SALARY CAP

CONTRACTS (TEAM SALARY $213,374,131 / CAP STATUS $-33,374,131)

Player                | PS | CUR | POT | HGT | LBS | AG | EX |   SALARY    | CONTRACT
Devin Booker          | SG | 3.5 | 3.5 | 6-5 | 206 | 32 | 13 | $38,110,097 | $122,333,409/3y
D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 3.5 | 3.5 | 6-4 | 193 | 32 | 13 | $37,382,085 | $122,928,600/4y
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 4.0 | 4.0 | 6-8 | 204 | 30 | 11 | $37,220,754 | $76,720,329/2y
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 3.5 | 4.0 | 6-11| 280 | 24 |  4 | $32,900,000 | $104,622,000/3y
Trevon Duval          | PG | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-2 | 194 | 30 | 10 | $14,344,128 | $29,589,009/2y (PO)
Paul Johnson          | PF | 3.5 | 4.0 | 6-9 | 225 | 25 |  3 | $13,084,119 | $13,084,119/1y
Tony Bradley          | C  | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-10| 248 | 31 | 11 | $8,300,000  | $16,600,000/2y
Enric Obrégon         | SF | 1.0 | 3.0 | 6-8 | 233 | 19 |  0 | $6,654,853  | $13,808,753/2y (RO)
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 3.5 | 3.5 | 6-8 | 222 | 25 |  2 | $5,218,497  | $11,872,080/2y
Dan Keith             | SF | 2.0 | 2.5 | 6-9 | 234 | 23 |  1 | $4,111,800  | $8,511,426/2y (RO)
KZ Okpala             | SF | 2.0 | 2.0 | 6-8 | 215 | 29 |  9 | $3,549,338  | $3,549,338/1y
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-3 | 200 | 30 | 11 | $3,372,784  | $6,745,568/2y 
Luke Kornet           | PF | 2.0 | 2.0 | 7-2 | 240 | 33 | 11 | $3,372,784  | $6,745,568/2y
Steven Adams          | C  | 2.0 | 2.0 | 6-11| 265 | 35 | 15 | $3,372,784  | $3,372,784/1y
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-0 | 189 | 25 |  2 | $2,380,180  | $6,676,202/2y

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - DECEMBER

The team is playing well, but we did have a couple of hiccups against Orlando and Houston. In the Orlando game, Matt Hankins simply could not be stopped and he put on a clinic by scoring 55 points with 10 rebounds and 7 assists. In the loss to Houston, Joel Embiid scored 36 points, with 6 assists and 9 rebounds for the Rockets. I suppose we could just chalk it up to a couple of great players having a really good nights, but I've noticed that Jayson Tatum played poorly in both games. His play has been uncharacteristically erratic of late. Let's hope he is able to get it sorted out soon. Also, PF Ryan Jefferson has impressed the coaching staff and Coach Starks has rewarded him by moving him into a starting role. Obviously this means that Paul Johnson will now come off the bench as the sixth man, but it also means that I won't be as eager to extend his contract. I don't want to pay $30 million dollars for a backup power forward. Sure, it would be nice insurance, but we are already well over the cap and I'm confident I can find a more reasonably priced replacement. 

SCHEDULE

GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
CHI @ BKN | 108-105 |  W  |
BOS @ CHI |  90-105 |  W  |
CLE @ CHI | 106-114 |  W  |
MIL @ CHI |  87-101 |  W  |
UTA @ CHI |  88-104 |  W  |
OKC @ CHI |  88-116 |  W  |
IND @ CHI |  90-115 |  W  |
CHI @ TOR | 118-116 |  W  |
PHI @ CHI |  84-99  |  W  |
CHI @ ORL | 119-123 |  L  |
TOR @ CHI |  90-97  |  W  |
CHI @ IND | 110-97  |  W  |
HOU @ CHI | 128-117 |  L  | Trevon Duval - strained hamstring (OUT - 1/14/29)
CHI @ CLE | 124-109 |  W  | 
POR @ CHI | 123-136 |  W  |
RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 31-6  |
MONTH   | 13-2  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
ATL 32-4  | PHO 24-12
CHI 31-6  | SAS 22-13
DET 23-11 | MIN 21-14
NYK 23-14 | SAC 22-15
TOR 21-15 | DAL 20-16
MIA 19-18 | LAC 18-17
BKN 17-17 | NOP 18-19
PHI 20-20 | POR 18-19
----------|----------
CLE 16-20 | GSW 18-20
ORL 16-20 | HOU 16-22
BOS 14-22 | MEM 15-22
CHA 14-22 | UTA 14-24
WAS 14-23 | DEN 14-23
IND 13-22 | LAL 10-25
MIL 11-25 | OKC 10-27

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 114.1 (2nd) | 115.5 (2nd) | NC
Assists          |  23.8 (7th) |  24.6 (6th) | -1
Rebounds         |  48.2 (2nd) |  47.5 (3rd) | +1
Points Allowed   | 103.6 (9th) | 105.0 (16th)| +7
Blocks           |   8.0 (1st) |   8.0 (8th) | +7
Steals           |   9.2 (16th)|   8.6 (17th)| +1
Field Goal %     |  .469 (6th) |  .464 (7th) | +1
Three Point %    |  .341 (8th) |  .337 (10th)| +2
Free Throw %     |  .776 (18th)|  .762 (20th)| +2
Offensive Rating | 112.5 (2nd) | 112.4 (2nd) | NC
Defensive Rating | 101.8 (4th) | 102.2 (6th) | +2
Net Rating       |  10.8 (2nd) |  10.2 (2nd) | NC
Power Ranking    |   2nd (+0)  |

TEAM ROSTER

D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 36 | 36 | 34.6 | 20.9 | 6.3 | 3.3 |
Devin Booker          | SG | 37 | 37 | 36.7 | 21.6 | 5.7 | 4.5 |
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 37 | 27 | 32.5 | 13.5 | 2.7 | 5.9 |
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 37 | 17 | 27.8 | 15.5 | 1.3 | 5.7 |
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 37 | 37 | 29.7 | 16.3 | 1.2 |11.6 | 
Paul Johnson          | PF | 38 | 21 | 24.8 |  9.8 | 1.4 | 6.4 |
Trevon Duval          | PG | 33 |  6 | 14.1 |  3.9 | 1.9 | 1.7 |
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 35 |  2 | 13.1 |  4.8 | 1.7 | 2.0 |
Tony Bradley          | C  | 34 |  0 | 10.6 |  3.8 | 0.7 | 3.2 |
Steven Adams          | C  | 27 |  0 | 10.2 |  5.1 | 0.4 | 2.7 |
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 21 |  1 |  9.1 |  4.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 |
KZ Okpala             | SF | 36 |  0 |  9.9 |  2.3 | 0.6 | 1.4 |
Luke Kornet           | PF | 10 |  0 |  9.3 |  2.2 | 0.3 | 0.8 |
Dan Keith             | SF | 17 | 17 | 29.0 |  8.4 | 3.4 | 9.6|
Enric Obrégon         | SF | 17 |  0 | 20.5 |  4.8 | 2.1 | 3.6 |

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - JANUARY

Some people will say that I'm completely insane, because right after the Detroit game I traded away six bench players. Initially, I was simply trying to cut some salary, but when all was said and done, I was nearly $5 million dollars further over the cap. However, I think the team has more depth, despite having fewer players. Ultimately, I just wasn't satisfied with how the bench players were shaping up. Neither PG Trevon Duval nor PF Paul Johnson were adequate backups, in my opinion, so I went and struck a deal with the Timberwolves to bring in PF Marcue Jones and PG Tony Carr. I even got two first round picks out of the deal! 

The bottom line is that I simply wanted to cut what I thought was some dead weight. SF KZ Okpala was in the final year of his contract, SF Enric Obrégon was never going to make the team and he was getting first round draft pick money, so they became expendable. PF Luke Kornet was expendable simply because of his two year deal and ultimate lack of playing time, while C Tony Bradley was under achieving for someone making in excess of $8 million dollars a year. Only C Steven Adams, SG Markelle Fultz, PG Marcus Bosl and SF Dan Keith remain from the original ten bench players and the starting five remain untouched of course. 

In the end, I think I was justified in my trades. We are currently on a seventeen game winning streak and went undefeated for the month of January. We are now in first place in the Eastern Conference with a 46-6 record and we even defeated the Atlanta Hawks 141-121. I couldn't be happier and I'm very excited to see how the remainder of the regular season turns out. 

TRADES 
Timberwolves trade PF Marcue Jones, PG Tony Carr, 2029 1st round pick(MIN), 2031 1st round pick(MIN) for Bulls PG Trevon Duval and PF Paul Johnson.
Hornets trade SF Miles Bridges and C Hollis Samuels for Bulls SF KZ Okpala, SF Enric Obrégon, PF Luke Kornet, C Tony Bradley and 2029 1st round pick(MIN via CHI).

SCHEDULE

GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
CHI @ DET | 122-94  |  W  |
CLE @ CHI | 153-164 |  W  | OT
DET @ CHI | 101-124 |  W  |
ATL @ CHI | 112-141 |  W  |
MIL @ CHI |  99-110 |  W  |
CHI @ GSW | 122-109 |  W  |
CHI @ DEN | 114-105 |  W  |
CHI @ MIN | 117-105 |  W  |
CHI @ LAC | 117-104 |  W  |
CHI @ NOP | 116-97  |  W  |
GSW @ CHI | 105-118 |  W  |
CHI @ MIL | 128-106 |  W  |
WAS @ CHI | 113-122 |  W  |
CHA @ CHI | 116-125 |  W  |
MEM @ CHI | 108-125 |  W  |
RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 46-6  |
MONTH   | 15-0  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
CHI 46-6  | PHO 34-16
ATL 41-10 | SAS 32-17
NYK 33-15 | SAC 32-19
DET 31-18 | DAL 30-20
MIA 28-22 | MIN 27-24
TOR 29-23 | LAC 26-24
ORL 27-24 | POR 28-26
PHI 26-26 | GSW 24-28
----------|----------
BKN 22-27 | MEM 23-27
CLE 22-29 | NOP 24-29
BOS 22-30 | HOU 23-29
IND 20-29 | DEN 17-33
CHA 18-32 | UTA 17-34
WAS 17-33 | LAL 13-27
MIL 16-34 | OKC 12-39

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 117.1 (1st) | 114.1 (2nd) | +1
Assists          |  24.6 (4th) |  23.8 (7th) | +3
Rebounds         |  47.9 (2nd) |  48.2 (2nd) | NC
Points Allowed   | 105.0 (14th)| 103.6 (9th) | -5
Blocks           |   7.8 (2nd) |   8.0 (1st) | -1
Steals           |   9.1 (18th)|   9.2 (16th)| -2
Field Goal %     |  .480 (4th) |  .469 (6th) | +2
Three Point %    |  .355 (3rd) |  .341 (8th) | +5
Free Throw %     |  .780 (18th)|  .776 (18th)| NC
Offensive Rating | 114.2 (2nd) | 112.5 (2nd) | NC
Defensive Rating | 102.2 (5th) | 101.8 (4th) | -1
Net Rating       |  11.9 (1st) |  10.8 (2nd) | +1
Power Ranking    |   1st (+1)  |

TEAM ROSTER

D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 51 | 51 | 35.1 | 21.6 | 6.9 | 3.4 |
Devin Booker          | SG | 50 | 50 | 36.8 | 22.8 | 5.7 | 4.8 |
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 52 | 52 | 32.6 | 13.8 | 2.7 | 6.1 |
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 52 | 32 | 29.5 | 15.7 | 1.5 | 5.9 |
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 52 | 52 | 29.9 | 16.5 | 1.1 |11.2 | 
Marcue Jones          | PF | 46 | 32 | 27.8 |  7.6 | 1.1 | 6.3 |
                           | 32 | 32 | 30.8 |  8.2 | 1.1 | 7.0 | <-- Marcue Jones @MIN
Tony Carr             | PG | 51 |  5 | 18.2 |  9.5 | 3.2 | 2.2 |
                           | 37 |  3 | 19.6 | 10.7 | 3.2 | 2.3 | <-- Tony Carr @MIN                           
Miles Bridges         | SF | 51 |  6 | 17.7 |  7.8 | 1.3 | 3.0 |
                           | 37 |  6 | 17.5 |  7.9 | 1.5 | 3.1 | <-- Miles Bridges @CHA
Hollis Samuels        | C  | 40 | 10 | 14.4 |  4.9 | 0.5 | 4.3 |
                           | 27 | 10 | 17.4 |  5.8 | 0.6 | 4.6 | <-- Hollis Samuels @CHA
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 50 |  2 | 12.8 |  5.2 | 1.6 | 2.0 |
Steven Adams          | C  | 36 |  0 |  8.9 |  4.4 | 0.4 | 2.5 |
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 32 |  1 |  7.7 |  3.4 | 1.0 | 1.2 |
Dan Keith             | SF | 32 | 32 | 33.3 |  7.7 | 3.4 | 8.2 |

SALARY CAP

CONTRACTS (TEAM SALARY $217,946,933 / CAP STATUS $-37,946,933)

Devin Booker          | SG | 3.5 | 3.5 | 6-5 | 206 | 32 | 13 | $38,110,097 | $122,333,409/3y
Tony Carr             | PG | 3.0 | 3.0 | 6-4 | 205 | 31 |  9 | $21,691,904 | $96,528,968/4y (TO)
Miles Bridges         | SF | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-6 | 225 | 30 | 10 | $17,212,954 | $35,626,811/2y (PO)
Hollis Samuels        | C  | 2.5 | 2.5 | 6-11| 258 | 27 |  6 | $9,480,000  | $19,386,600/2y
Marcue Jones          | PF | 3.0 | 3.0 | 6-10| 240 | 21 |  2 | $5,493,166  | $12,491,459/2y

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - FEBRUARY

The Toronto Raptors may have ended our winning streak at twenty-three consecutive games, but we are now solidly six and a half games ahead of the struggling Atlanta Hawks in the conference standings. Barring a major collapse, we should be able to enter the playoffs as the #1 seed in the East. Offensively, the team continues to lead the league in points-per-game and making improvements in field goal percentage, three point percentage and free throw percentage. However, we certainly sacrificed some defensive prowess along the way and have slipped seven spots in points-allowed-per game. I can live with that though, as the offense remains potent. My only real concern is Jayson Tatum. He is averaging 13.3 ppg, 2.8 apg and 5.9 rpg, but his play is very erratic. Despite that fact, he is one of the more efficient small forwards in the league and is by far our best defender when he is on the court. I am nitpicking though, because most teams would happy to have my problems.

SCHEDULE

GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
CHI @ CHA | 117-93  |  W  |
NYK @ CHI | 119-130 |  W  |
MIA @ CHI | 111-141 |  W  |
CHI @ DAL | 132-127 |  W  |
CHI @ PHI | 128-105 |  W  |
BOS @ CHI | 116-127 |  W  |
CHI @ TOR | 116-121 |  L  |
ORL @ CHI | 107-114 |  W  |
CHI @ HOU | 131-115 |  W  |
CHI @ ORL | 115-96  |  W  |
RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 55-7  |
MONTH   |  9-1  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
CHI 55-7  | SAS 43-18
ATL 48-13 | PHO 41-20
NYK 40-19 | SAC 39-23
DET 39-22 | DAL 34-28
TOR 35-27 | POR 35-29
PHI 34-29 | MEM 30-30
MIA 33-29 | LAC 30-30
ORL 31-31 | MIN 30-31
----------|----------
CLE 26-35 | GSW 30-33
IND 25-36 | NOP 28-34
WAS 25-36 | HOU 26-36
BOS 25-37 | UTA 23-38
BKN 24-36 | DEN 22-39
CHA 21-41 | LAL 16-44
MIL 17-43 | OKC 16-47

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 118.4 (1st) | 117.1 (1st) | NC
Assists          |  25.0 (3rd) |  24.6 (4th) | +1
Rebounds         |  47.5 (2nd  |  47.9 (2nd) | NC
Points Allowed   | 106.0 (21st)| 105.0 (14th)| -7
Blocks           |   7.6 (4th) |   7.8 (2nd) | -2
Steals           |   9.1 (18th)|   9.1 (18th)| NC
Field Goal %     |  .485 (3rd) |  .480 (4th) | +1
Three Point %    |  .367 (2nd) |  .355 (3rd) | +1
Free Throw %     |  .784 (16th)|  .780 (18th)| +2
Offensive Rating | 115.3 (2nd) | 114.2 (2nd) | NC
Defensive Rating | 103.1 (6th) | 102.2 (5th) | -1
Net Rating       |  12.2 (1st) |  11.9 (1st) | NC
Power Ranking    |   1st (NC)  |

TEAM ROSTER

D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 61 | 61 | 34.9 | 21.8 | 6.9 | 3.5 |
Devin Booker          | SG | 60 | 60 | 36.4 | 23.2 | 5.7 | 4.9 |
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 62 | 62 | 32.1 | 13.3 | 2.8 | 5.9 |
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 60 | 40 | 30.2 | 16.1 | 1.7 | 6.0 |
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 61 | 61 | 29.7 | 16.7 | 1.0 |11.1 | 
Marcue Jones          | PF | 56 | 35 | 27.0 |  7.6 | 1.1 | 5.9 |
                           | 32 | 32 | 30.8 |  8.2 | 1.1 | 7.0 | <-- Marcue Jones @MIN
Tony Carr             | PG | 61 |  5 | 17.5 |  9.2 | 3.0 | 2.1 |
                           | 37 |  3 | 19.6 | 10.7 | 3.2 | 2.3 | <-- Tony Carr @MIN                           
Miles Bridges         | SF | 61 |  6 | 17.3 |  7.9 | 1.4 | 2.9 |
                           | 37 |  6 | 17.5 |  7.9 | 1.5 | 3.1 | <-- Miles Bridges @CHA
Hollis Samuels        | C  | 50 | 10 | 14.0 |  4.8 | 0.5 | 4.4 |
                           | 27 | 10 | 17.4 |  5.8 | 0.6 | 4.6 | <-- Hollis Samuels @CHA
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 60 |  2 | 12.8 |  5.1 | 1.6 | 2.0 |
Steven Adams          | C  | 43 |  0 |  8.8 |  4.0 | 0.4 | 2.3 |
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 37 |  1 |  7.3 |  3.3 | 1.2 | 1.1 |
Dan Keith             | SF | 38 | 38 | 33.4 |  8.0 | 3.3 | 8.1 |

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - MARCH

We are now in the final stretch run of the regular season and there are only six games remaining on the schedule. Other than Sacramento, the remaining games are against teams who won't be making the playoffs, so a seventy win season is most assuredly a reachable goal. However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about our play on the defensive end of the court. Our defensive rating has slipped to fourteenth in the league; a full eight spots down in one month of play. Granted, we are scoring nearly 120 ppg, but we are going to have to play much better defense once the playoffs begin. 

SCHEDULE

GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
CHI @ DET | 105-90  |  W  |
CHI @ MIA | 134-127 |  W  |
DET @ CHI | 103-119 |  W  |
DEN @ CHI | 105-117 |  W  |
ORL @ CHI | 126-134 |  W  |
CHI @ PHI | 123-131 |  L  |
CHI @ NYK |  98-104 |  L  |
BKN @ CHI | 125-127 |  W  |
CHI @ MIA | 127-111 |  W  |
LAC @ CHI | 111-123 |  W  |
LAL @ CHI | 104-140 |  W  |
ATL @ CHI | 125-134 |  W  |
CHI @ SAC | 118-114 |  W  |
CHI @ PHO | 123-129 |  L  |
RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 66-10 |
MONTH   | 11-3  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
CHI 66-10 | PHO 57-20
ATL 59-18 | SAS 50-26
NYK 52-23 | SAC 47-29
DET 47-29 | DAL 41-35
PHI 43-33 | MIN 41-35
TOR 41-35 | POR 41-36
MIA 40-36 | MEM 40-36
ORL 36-40 | GSW 38-39
----------|----------
CLE 33-43 | NOP 35-41
IND 31-45 | HOU 34-42
WAS 30-45 | LAC 33-42
BOS 29-48 | UTA 29-47
CHA 29-48 | DEN 26-50
BKN 28-48 | LAL 21-55
MIL 25-51 | OKC 20-57

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 119.2 (1st) | 118.4 (1st) | NC
Assists          |  24.5 (4th) |  25.0 (3rd) | -1
Rebounds         |  46.8 (2nd) |  47.5 (2nd  | NC
Points Allowed   | 107.6 (25th)| 106.0 (21st)| -4
Blocks           |   7.6 (3rd) |   7.6 (4th) | +1
Steals           |   9.1 (19th)|   9.1 (18th)| -1
Field Goal %     |  .486 (3rd) |  .485 (3rd) | NC
Three Point %    |  .369 (1st) |  .367 (2nd) | +1
Free Throw %     |  .791 (13th)|  .784 (16th)| +3
Offensive Rating | 116.1 (2nd) | 115.3 (2nd) | NC
Defensive Rating | 104.7 (14th)| 103.1 (6th) | -8
Net Rating       |  11.4 (1st) |  12.2 (1st) | NC
Power Ranking    |   1st (NC)  |

TEAM ROSTER

D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 73 | 73 | 34.9 | 22.3 | 6.8 | 3.5 |
Devin Booker          | SG | 74 | 74 | 36.7 | 23.6 | 5.8 | 4.7 |
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 76 | 76 | 32.0 | 12.9 | 2.7 | 5.7 |
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 74 | 54 | 31.4 | 16.2 | 1.6 | 6.3 |
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 75 | 75 | 30.1 | 16.5 | 1.0 |11.2 | 
Marcue Jones          | PF | 70 | 35 | 25.6 |  7.7 | 1.0 | 5.7 |
Tony Carr             | PG | 75 |  7 | 17.1 |  8.8 | 3.1 | 1.9 |
Miles Bridges         | SF | 75 |  6 | 17.1 |  7.9 | 1.3 | 2.9 |
Hollis Samuels        | C  | 60 | 10 | 13.0 |  4.5 | 0.5 | 4.1 |
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 74 |  2 | 12.5 |  5.0 | 1.5 | 2.7 |
Steven Adams          | C  | 50 |  0 |  8.2 |  3.7 | 0.3 | 2.2 |
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 44 |  1 |  6.9 |  3.3 | 1.1 | 1.0 |
Dan Keith             | SF | 41 | 41 | 33.4 |  8.3 | 3.3 | 8.0 |

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - LEAGUE PRESS CONFERENCE (LEAGUE EXPANSION)

The Seattle Supersonics and Virginia Squires have officially joined the National Basketball Association on April 1st, it was announced by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. The Sonics and Squires become the league's 31st and 32nd teams and will begin play next season. Seattle has a metropolitan area population of 3.8 million that is growing quickly, a ton of major corporations and is a great sports town, which made it a veritable shoe-in for expansion. The passion Seattle fans have for their sports teams is unrivaled and the Seattle-Tacoma region also has the 12th largest media market in America, so putting a franchise back in Seattle was a foregone conclusion. 

However, the announcement of the Virginia Squires as the 32nd NBA team was not met with the same enthusiasm. The addition of the Squires has had it's fair share of skepticism and in some circles, outright condemnation. The Virginia Squires were once an American Basketball Association team that played in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and featured some great stars, such as Julius Irving, George Gervin and local Old Dominion University graduate Dave Twardzik. Hampton Roads boasts a population in excess of 1.8 million and at one time ranked #1 among all markets nationally for percentages of TV's tuned to watch NBA games.

Critiques say that Hampton Roads may love the NBA, but it's residents are adverse to buying tickets. It is true that the area has struggled for decades to support various pro and semi-pro sports franchises. However, after decades of false starts, the seven major cities that make up the Hampton Roads area, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Newport News and Hampton, agreed to build a brand new state of the art 18,000 seat arena in downtown Norfolk. The entire project cost well over $100 million dollars and it was stated that each city will receive a share of the profits. Proponents of the plan to bring the NBA to Hampton Roads enjoy reminding everyone that even before the project was completely approved, promissory notes for potential season tickets were sold out in a matter of hours. 

I think it is safe to say that almost everyone would agree that the Squires are virtually guaranteed success in the short term, but whether the NBA can survive there long term is a question that remains to be answered. As the saying goes, "only time will tell."

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - APRIL

Another season comes to an end and once again the Bulls enter the NBA playoffs with the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. This our tenth consecutive trip to the playoffs and the second season in a row that the Bulls have won 70+ games. I think we have a real chance of repeating as NBA Champions, if we can get past the Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks are by far our most difficult opponent and as the #2 seed in the East, we won't have to face them until the Conference Finals. Having lost to us in the first round last year, the Hawks are going to be looking to exact some revenge and most pundits believe the winner of the Eastern Conference will be the odds on favorites to win the NBA title. If we can get to the NBA Finals, it will be our fourth trip to the finals in as many years. If we can win the title, it will be our second title in a row and our fifth in a decade. However, lets not count our eggs before they are hatched. There is a lot of basketball yet to be played and anything can happen in the playoffs. 

SCHEDULE

GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
CHI @ LAL | 106-93  |  W  |
CHI @ UTA | 115-96  |  W  |
SAC @ CHI |  74-92  |  W  |
CHI @ BKN |  96-74  |  W  |
CHI @ CHA | 111-118 |  L  |
CHA @ CHI |  99-132 |  W  |
RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 71-11 |
MONTH   |  5-1  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
CHI 71-11 | PHO 61-21
ATL 61-21 | SAS 54-28
NYK 57-25 | SAC 51-31
DET 52-30 | MEM 44-38
PHI 45-37 | DAL 43-39
TOR 44-38 | MIN 43-39
MIA 42-40 | POR 42-40
ORL 39-43 | GSW 41-41
----------|----------
CLE 36-46 | NOP 38-44
WAS 34-48 | LAC 37-45
BOS 32-50 | HOU 36-46
BKN 32-50 | UTA 31-51
IND 32-50 | DEN 26-56
CHA 31-51 | LAL 26-56
MIL 28-54 | OKC 21-61

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

STATISTIC        |     APR     |     MAR     |     FEB     |     JAN     |     DEC     |     NOV     |     OCT     |
Points           | 118.5 (1st) | 119.2 (1st) | 118.4 (1st) | 117.1 (1st) | 114.1 (2nd) | 115.5 (2nd) | 117.6 (2nd) |
Assists          |  24.4 (5th) |  24.5 (4th) |  25.0 (3rd) |  24.6 (4th) |  23.8 (7th) |  24.6 (6th) |  26.9 (2nd) |
Rebounds         |  47.1 (2nd) |  46.8 (2nd) |  47.5 (2nd) |  47.9 (2nd) |  48.2 (2nd) |  47.5 (3rd) |  48.7 (3rd) |
Points Allowed   | 106.5 (20th)| 107.6 (25th)| 106.0 (21st)| 105.0 (14th)| 103.6 (9th) | 105.0 (16th)| 104.4 (11th)|
Blocks           |   7.7 (3rd) |   7.6 (3rd) |   7.6 (4th) |   7.8 (2nd) |   8.0 (1st) |   8.0 (8th) |   7.0 (10th)|
Steals           |   9.1 (19th)|   9.1 (19th)|   9.1 (18th)|   9.1 (18th)|   9.2 (16th)|   8.6 (17th)|   8.6 (17th)|
Field Goal %     |  .484 (4th) |  .486 (3rd) |  .485 (3rd) |  .480 (4th) |  .469 (6th) |  .464 (7th) |  .496 (3rd) |
Three Point %    |  .370 (1st) |  .369 (1st) |  .367 (2nd) |  .355 (3rd) |  .341 (8th) |  .337 (10th)|  .348 (9th) |
Free Throw %     |  .790 (12th)|  .791 (13th)|  .784 (16th)|  .780 (18th)|  .776 (18th)|  .762 (20th)|  .754 (22nd)|
Offensive Rating | 115.6 (2nd) | 116.1 (2nd) | 115.3 (2nd) | 114.2 (2nd) | 112.5 (2nd) | 112.4 (2nd) | 117.5 (2nd) |
Defensive Rating | 103.9 (7th) | 104.7 (14th)| 103.1 (6th) | 102.2 (5th) | 101.8 (4th) | 102.2 (6th) | 104.6 (11th)|
Net Rating       |  11.7 (1st) |  11.4 (1st) |  12.2 (1st) |  11.9 (1st) |  10.8 (2nd) |  10.2 (2nd) |  12.9 (3rd) |
Power Ranking    |    (1st)    |    (1st)    |    (1st)    |    (1st)    |    (2nd)    |    (2nd)    |    (6th)    |

TEAM ROSTER

D'Angelo Russell      | PG | 79 | 79 | 34.9 | 22.1 | 6.7 | 3.6 |
Devin Booker          | SG | 80 | 80 | 36.7 | 23.5 | 5.8 | 4.7 |
Jayson Tatum          | SF | 82 | 82 | 32.0 | 13.0 | 2.9 | 5.7 |
Ryan Jefferson        | PF | 79 | 58 | 30.9 | 15.7 | 1.6 | 6.2 |
Justin McCuthison     | C  | 81 | 81 | 30.4 | 16.7 | 1.0 |11.3 | 
Marcue Jones          | PF | 76 | 37 | 25.4 |  7.5 | 1.0 | 5.6 |
Tony Carr             | PG | 81 |  7 | 16.7 |  8.6 | 2.9 | 2.0 |
Miles Bridges         | SF | 81 |  6 | 17.3 |  7.7 | 1.2 | 2.9 |
Hollis Samuels        | C  | 66 | 10 | 11.8 |  4.3 | 0.5 | 4.0 |
Markelle Fultz        | SG | 80 |  2 | 12.4 |  5.0 | 1.5 | 1.8 |
Steven Adams          | C  | 53 |  0 |  8.1 |  3.6 | 0.4 | 2.3 |
Marcus Bosl           | PG | 46 |  1 |  6.6 |  3.4 | 1.0 | 1.0 |
Dan Keith             | SF | 44 | 44 | 33.5 |  8.4 | 3.3 | 7.9 |

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND (PREVIEW) 

Orlando has two of the best players in the league, point guard Matt Hankins and small forward Joaquin Villarreal. Hankins is hands down the best point guard in the league and outside of the Phoenix Suns Bernard Person, you could make an argument that he is the best player in the league. Hankins is a future Hall of Fame candidate and he averages 30.2 points, 7.4 assists and 4.2 rebounds a game. It is an understatement to say that he is the heart and soul of this Magic team. Everything goes through him and when he is on the court the Magic are a force to be reckoned with. However, outside of his teammate Joaquin Villarreal, who is without question the best small forward in the league, the team lacks any real size or depth. Orlando starts three small forwards and power forward Jabari Parker is the starting center. Shooting guard Buddy Hield comes off the bench as the Magic's sixth man, but beyond that, there really isn't much else left in the Magic's cupboard. This lack of size and depth makes the Magic fairly one dimensional and it is the primary reason why the Magic finished the season with a losing record. Hankins and Villarreal can certainly cause most teams trouble, but the Bulls are a tall order and without the tools to slow down the Bulls potent offense, Orlando has little hope of winning a game, much less the series. 

PREDICTION: Bulls in four.  

TEAM INSIGHTS

ORLANDO MAGIC (OVERALL: 39-43 | HOME: 23-18 | AWAY: 16-25)

Starting Lineup: PG Matt Hankins (★★★★★), SF Amir Jenkins (★★★), SF Joaquin Villarreal (★★★★½), SF David Hayes (★★★), PF Jabari Parker (★★½)
Key Bench Players: SG Buddy Hield (★★½)

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

STATISTIC        |   SEASON    |
Points           | 105.3 (12th)|
Assists          |  24.6 (3rd) |
Rebounds         |  41.9 (28th)|
Points Allowed   | 105.4 (17th)|
Blocks           |   4.9 (28th)|
Steals           |  10.1 (5th) |
Field Goal %     |  .452 (15th)|
Three Point %    |  .332 (10th)|
Free Throw %     |  .817 (3rd) |
Offensive Rating | 105.4 (18th)|
Defensive Rating | 105.0 (14th)|
Net Rating       |   0.4 (13th)|
Power Ranking    |    (15th    |

NBA Top 50 Players: PG Matt Hankins, SF Joaquin Villarreal.
(Payroll $212,255,012 (11th Highest) / CAP Space $-35,255,012 / Luxury Tax $0)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICAGO BULLS (OVERALL: 71-1 | HOME: 39-2 | AWAY: 32-9)

Starting Lineup: PG D'Angelo Russell (★★★½), SG Devin Booker (★★★½), SF Jayson Tatum (★★★★), PF Ryan Jefferson (★★★½), C Justin McCuthison(★★★½)
Key Bench Players: PF Marcue Jones (★★★), PG Tony Carr (★★★), SF Miles Bridges (★★½)

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 118.5 (1st) |
Assists          |  24.4 (5th) |
Rebounds         |  47.1 (2nd) |
Points Allowed   | 106.5 (20th)|
Blocks           |   7.7 (3rd) |
Steals           |   9.1 (19th)|
Field Goal %     |  .484 (4th) |
Three Point %    |  .370 (1st) |
Free Throw %     |  .790 (12th)|
Offensive Rating | 115.6 (2nd) |
Defensive Rating | 103.9 (7th) |
Net Rating       |  11.7 (1st) |
Power Ranking    |    (1st)    |

NBA Top 50 Players: SF Jayson Tatum, SG Devin Booker, C Justin McCuthison
(Payroll $217,946,933 (10th Highest) / CAP Space $-37,946,933 / Luxury Tax $2,946,933)

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - CHICAGO BULLS PRESS RELEASE

Troy Dalton has officially told the Chicago Bulls that he will be stepping down as General Manager at the conclusion of the 2028-2029 season. This will be Dalton's tenth year as the Bull's GM and during that time the Bulls have enjoyed ten winning seasons, ten playoff appearances, four NBA Championships and are poised to make a serious run at a fifth title this year. 

"This has been such a great run," said Bulls owner Phil Humphries. "Troy has been such a great ambassador for the game and for Chicago. I hope that when Chicago wakes up to the news after mourning just a little bit, they will step back and feel great pride in his accomplishments and all the entertainment he provided. He won with grace and dignity, and Troy goes out that way, too." 

Although Dalton's future is unknown at this time, it is clear that he has left the Bulls well prepared for the future. With the exception of Steven Adams, the Bulls will be returning every single player from this years roster. Considering the team finished the regular season with a record of 71-11, I'd say that the next GM will be thrilled to have inherited such a great team. 

There has been some speculation that because Dalton has refused to adhere to the owners team/staff salary demands, his departure is actually being orchestrated by Humphries himself. There may be some truth to that, since Dalton resigned the entire coaching staff with little regard to budget restrictions. However, success usually affords general managers and coaches a lot more freedom to exceed budgetary constraints and if the Bulls do manage to win back-to-back NBA titles, all would certainly be forgiven. 

However, there are rumors that Dalton has been quietly offered the general manager position of the expansion Virginia Squires. Prior to taking the Bulls job ten years ago, Dalton was a long time resident of the Hampton Roads area. Dalton moved there in 1983 and he still maintains a home there, where he spends much of the off season. Although most people could not imagine why Dalton would ever consider leaving the Bulls, sources close to Dalton suggested that he has always dreamed of building a franchise from scratch. The Squires would certainly provide him that opportunity.

Dalton could not be reached for comment, and messages left for Head Coach Brian Starks last night were not returned. 

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND  (GAME 1) 

Jayson Tatum scored 35 points in the Bulls 115-103 win over the Magic. Tatum added 7 assists, 8 rebounds on 13 of 21 shooting and was named the Player of the Game. 

EASTERN CONFERENCE                        WESTERN CONFERENCE
        Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT    F   W            Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT    F   W
ORL(8)| 28 | 17 | 27 | 31 | -- | 103 (0) | GSW(8)| 22 | 18 | 26 | 33 | -- |  99 (0)
CHI(1)| 29 | 22 | 33 | 31 | -- | 115 (1) | PHO(1)| 40 | 18 | 22 | 38 | -- | 118 (1)         

PHI(5)| 22 | 16 | 36 | 21 | -- |  95 (0) | DAL(5)| 24 | 21 | 35 | 25 | -- | 105 (0)
DET(4)| 30 | 30 | 30 | 19 | -- | 109 (1) | MEM(4)| 32 | 28 | 23 | 35 | -- | 118 (1)

TOR(6)| 14 | 20 | 26 | 29 | -- |  89 (0) | MIN(6)| 24 | 34 | 17 | 22 | -- |  97 (0)
NYK(3)| 18 | 22 | 22 | 33 | -- |  95 (1) | SAC(3)| 35 | 33 | 24 | 22 | -- | 114 (1)

MIA(7)| 25 | 14 | 27 | 24 | -- |  90 (0) | POR(7)| 18 | 22 | 23 | 28 | -- |  91 (0)
ATL(2)| 29 | 22 | 42 | 31 | -- | 124 (1) | SAS(2)| 26 | 31 | 25 | 27 | -- | 109 (1)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND  (GAME 2) 

Bulls guard Devin Booker poured in 28 points in the Bulls win over the Magic last night. Booker also chipped in with 4 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals. Unfortunately for the Bulls, forward Jayson Tatum was forced out of action. Initial reports state that Tatum could miss up to 9 days with a sprained toe. He is scheduled to undergo further tests later today.

ORL(8)| 19 | 18 | 30 | 31 | -- |  98 (0) | GSW(8)| 29 | 31 | 27 | 25 | -- | 112 (0)
CHI(1)| 31 | 26 | 26 | 35 | -- | 118 (2) | PHO(1)| 43 | 34 | 35 | 29 | -- | 141 (2)         

PHI(5)| 25 | 23 | 17 | 26 | -- |  91 (0) | DAL(5)| 27 | 21 | 39 | 16 | -- | 103 (0)
DET(4)| 24 | 39 | 30 | 15 | -- | 108 (2) | MEM(4)| 25 | 32 | 30 | 32 | -- | 119 (2)

TOR(6)| 19 | 23 | 20 | 25 | -- |  87 (0) | MIN(6)| 22 | 26 | 20 | 21 | -- |  89 (0)
NYK(3)| 30 | 31 | 17 | 21 | -- |  99 (2) | SAC(3)| 28 | 29 | 21 | 29 | -- | 107 (2)

MIA(7)| 29 | 22 | 31 | 38 | -- | 120 (0) | POR(7)| 16 | 22 | 18 | 30 | -- |  86 (0)
ATL(2)| 34 | 34 | 31 | 28 | -- | 127 (2) | SAS(2)| 30 | 27 | 28 | 22 | -- | 107 (2)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND  (GAME 3) 

Player of the Game Matt Hankins scored 26 points on 8 of 13 shooting in the Magic's 113-104 win over the Bulls. Hankins added 4 assists, 2 rebounds and 4 steals. Unfortunately for the Magic, forward Joaquin Villarreal suffered and injury in the game. Coach Brett Brown avoided questions on the injury after the game, but a spokesman from the Magic's medical staff said that Villarreal would need to be evaluated later today, but is definitely going to miss some time. Miles Bridges came off the bench for the injured Jayson Tatum, but was ineffective in his 44 minutes of play. Bridges was 1 of 8 shooting and 0-2 from three. He will need to play much better if the Bulls are going to win without Tatum in the lineup. 

CHI(1)| 24 | 25 | 30 | 25 | -- | 104 (2) | PHO(1)| 31 | 31 | 22 | 18 | 11 | 113 (2)
ORL(8)| 28 | 29 | 25 | 31 | -- | 113 (1) | GSW(8)| 26 | 24 | 25 | 27 | 15 | 117 (1)         

DET(4)| 28 | 21 | 25 | 29 | -- | 103 (3) | MEM(4)| 26 | 25 | 39 | 24 | -- | 114 (3)
PHI(5)| 26 | 24 | 30 | 16 | -- |  96 (0) | DAL(5)| 26 | 24 | 24 | 18 | -- |  92 (0)

NYK(3)| 15 | 20 | 27 | 16 | -- |  78 (2) | SAC(3)| 19 | 26 | 23 | 26 | -- |  94 (2)
TOR(6)| 18 | 27 | 16 | 30 | -- |  91 (1) | MIN(6)| 26 | 21 | 26 | 31 | -- | 104 (1)

ATL(2)| 36 | 26 | 27 | 23 | -- | 112 (3) | SAS(2)| 25 | 27 | 33 | 26 | -- | 111 (3)
MIA(7)| 24 | 25 | 20 | 33 | -- | 102 (0) | POR(7)| 35 | 24 | 15 | 27 | -- | 101 (0)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND  (GAME 4) 

Devin Booker led the Bulls with a triple double in their 115-104 win over the Magic. Booker had 25 points, 10 assists and 11 rebounds in the game. With the victory the Bulls are one game away from advancing to the second round. 

CHI(1)| 33 | 22 | 36 | 24 | -- | 115 (3) | PHO(1)| 30 | 24 | 27 | 29 | -- | 110 (3)
ORL(8)| 18 | 28 | 20 | 38 | -- | 104 (1) | GSW(8)| 30 | 23 | 23 | 26 | -- | 102 (1)         

DET(4)| 32 | 20 | 28 | 32 | -- | 112 (4) | MEM(4)| 27 | 20 | 43 | 35 | -- | 125 (4)
PHI(5)| 19 | 25 | 30 | 32 | -- | 106 (0) | DAL(5)| 25 | 32 | 23 | 33 | -- | 113 (0)

NYK(3)| 19 | 19 | 25 | 15 | -- |  78 (2) | SAC(3)| 18 | 33 | 34 | 40 | -- | 125 (3)
TOR(6)| 21 | 29 | 25 | 20 | -- |  95 (2) | MIN(6)| 22 | 25 | 40 | 17 | -- | 104 (1)

ATL(2)| 40 | 26 | 37 | 25 | -- | 129 (0) | SAS(2)| 21 | 29 | 20 | 16 | -- |  86 (3)
MIA(7)| 29 | 26 | 24 | 13 | -- |  92 (4) | POR(7)| 26 | 26 | 36 | 18 | -- | 106 (1)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND  (GAME 5) 

Bulls center Justin McCuthison hit 9 of 15 shots on his way to 23 points, 1 assist, 18 rebounds, 2 steals and 5 blocks in the Bulls win over the Magic. McCuthison was named the Player of the Game and with the victory, the Bulls close out the series and advance to the second round to face either the Toronto Raptors or New York Knicks.

ORL(8)| 26 | 28 | 29 | 27 | -- | 110 (1) | GSW(8)| 27 | 28 | 36 | 22 | -- | 113 (1)
CHI(1)| 38 | 32 | 27 | 30 | -- | 127 (4) | PHO(1)| 35 | 40 | 25 | 27 | -- | 127 (4)         

TOR(6)| 27 | 18 | 21 | 19 | -- |  85 (2) | MIN(6)| 30 | 19 | 24 | 24 | -- |  97 (2)
NYK(3)| 29 | 25 | 11 | 35 | -- | 100 (3) | SAC(3)| 15 | 15 | 28 | 21 | -- |  79 (3)

| POR(7)| 15 | 19 | 12 | 36 | -- |  82 (1)
                                         | SAS(2)| 28 | 30 | 30 | 15 | -- | 103 (4)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND  (GAME 6) 

NYK(3)| 27 | 29 | 21 | 22 | -- |  99 (4) | SAC(3)| 23 | 25 | 28 | 32 | -- | 108 (3)
TOR(6)| 23 | 12 | 25 | 33 | -- |  93 (2) | MIN(6)| 36 | 41 | 26 | 21 | -- | 124 (3)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - FIRST ROUND  (GAME 7) 

| MIN(6)| 20 | 28 | 25 | 24 | -- |  97 (3)
                                         | SAC(3)| 37 | 15 | 22 | 34 | -- | 109 (4)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND (PREVIEW) 

The Detroit Pistons are a well coached, hard working, no nonsense, blue collar type of a team. They have a solid starting five and play solid team basketball, with a tough nosed defense that is reminiscent of the former "Bad Boys". Power forward Shyrone Rivers is the leader of this team and although he can be a streaky shooting, when he gets hot he can be deadly. Former Chicago Bulls point guard, Coby White, is the teams floor general and he excels in just about every aspect of the game. Averaging 21.6 ppg, White is capable of lighting up the scoreboard. However, the primary offensive threat on this team is PF Jaxson Hayes, who averages 23.7 points and 8.5 rebounds per game. Their biggest Achilles heel is there poor three-point shooting. They have an excellent defense, that generally keeps them in virtually every game they play, but if their shooting touch goes cold, their lack of a real outside threat can hinder their ability to shoot their way out of a deficit. Also, the Pistons have had difficulty containing Bulls shooting guard Devin Booker and center Justin McCuthison. I don't see that trend changing anytime soon and the Bulls are the clear favorites in this series.

PREDICTION: Bulls in five.  

TEAM INSIGHTS

DETROIT PISTONS (OVERALL: 52-30 | HOME: 32-9 | AWAY: 20-21)

Starting Lineup: PG Coby White (★★★), SG Shannon Gayden (★★★), PF Shyrone Rivers (★★★½), PF Jaxon Hayes (★★★), C Tyler Davis (★★½)
Key Bench Players: SF Josh Jackson (★★½), SG Matisse Thybulle (★★½), SG John Winston (★★★)

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 107.8 (9th) |
Assists          |  22.7 (14th)|
Rebounds         |  45.9 (4th) |
Points Allowed   | 103.1 (6th) |
Blocks           |   7.4 (4th) |
Field Goal %     |  .466 (5th) |
Three Point %    |  .314 (25th)|
Free Throw %     |  .795 (10th)|
Offensive Rating | 108.0 (8th) |
Defensive Rating | 102.8 (4th) |
Net Rating       |   5.2 (4th)|
Power Ranking    |    (5th)    |

NBA Top 50 Players: None
STAFF: GM Jimmie Black, HC Jason Thompson, AC1 Sidney Lowe, AC2 Greg Leatherman and AC3 Richard Cotton
(Payroll $175,689,585 (22nd Highest) / CAP Space $4,310,415 / Luxury Tax $0)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICAGO BULLS (OVERALL: 71-1 | HOME: 39-2 | AWAY: 32-9)

Starting Lineup: PG D'Angelo Russell (★★★½), SG Devin Booker (★★★½), SF Jayson Tatum (★★★★), PF Ryan Jefferson (★★★½), C Justin McCuthison(★★★½)
Key Bench Players: PF Marcue Jones (★★★), PG Tony Carr (★★★), SF Miles Bridges (★★½)

TEAM RANKINGS (Per Game)

Points           | 118.5 (1st) |
Assists          |  24.4 (5th) |
Rebounds         |  47.1 (2nd) |
Points Allowed   | 106.5 (20th)|
Blocks           |   7.7 (3rd) |
Field Goal %     |  .484 (4th) |
Three Point %    |  .370 (1st) |
Free Throw %     |  .790 (12th)|
Offensive Rating | 115.6 (2nd) |
Defensive Rating | 103.9 (7th) |
Net Rating       |  11.7 (1st) |
Power Ranking    |    (1st)    |

NBA Top 50 Players: SF Jayson Tatum, SG Devin Booker, C Justin McCuthison
STAFF: GM Troy Dalton, HC Brian Starks, AC1 Byron Scott, AC2 Rod Barnes, AC3 Whitney Wilkerson
(Payroll $217,946,933 (10th Highest) / CAP Space $-37,946,933 / Luxury Tax $2,946,933)

---------------------

uKt6NPm.jpg
2028-2029 SEASON - PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND  (GAME 1) 

Justin McCuthison played 35 minutes in the Bulls 126-114 win over the Pistons. Named Player of the Game, McCuthison recorded a double-double, with 26 points, 3 assists and 15 rebounds. 

DET(4)| 26 | 28 | 24 | 36 | -- | 114 (0) | MEM(4)| 19 | 35 | 39 | 17 | -- | 110 (0)
CHI(1)| 37 | 25 | 29 | 35 | -- | 126 (1) | PHO(1)| 31 | 20 | 25 | 35 | -- | 111 (1)         

NYK(3)| 21 | 28 | 29 | 26 | -- | 104 (1) | SAC(3)| 36 | 16 | 19 | 25 | -- |  96 (0)
ATL(2)| 30 | 21 | 22 | 26 | -- |  99 (0) | SAS(2)| 23 | 25 | 29 | 32 | -- | 109 (1)

---------------------

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now