daltontr

Tales from the front office: DDSPB

uKt6NPm.jpg

PLAYOFFS (CONFERENCE FINALS)

GAME 6
Celtics 124, Bulls 114 (TD Garden)

The Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors both staved off elimination, sending their respective series to a seventh and deciding game. Adam Silver couldn't be more thrilled. In the Eastern Conference, it was once again the Celtics Kemba Walker leading the way with 30 points, 14 assists and 7 rebounds. The Bull countered with Kyrie Irvings 30 points, 8 assists and 11 rebounds, but the Bulls fell just bit short in a close game that featured 22 lead changes and 14 ties. In the Western Conference, Golden States Steph Curry hit 11 of 14 three pointers, on his way to a 48 point, 8 assist and 7 rebound night. For the Lakers, James led the way with 30 points and Davis contributed another 27, but Golden State led this game wire-to-wire and the series now moves back to L.A. for a game seven. 

PLAYOFF TREE
EASTERN CONFERENCE

GAME 1     |    GAME 2   |    GAME 3   |    GAME 4   |    GAME 5   |    GAME 6   |    GAME 7   |
(4) CHI 134 (1) | CHI 115 (2) | CHI 110 (2) | CHI 123 (2) | CHI 116 (3) | CHI 114 (3) |
(6) BOS 121 (0) | BOS  97 (0) | BOS 111 (1) | BOS 131 (2) | BOS 108 (2) | BOS 124 (3) |

WESTERN CONFERENCE

GAME 1     |    GAME 2   |    GAME 3   |    GAME 4   |    GAME 5   |    GAME 6   |    GAME 7   |
(1) LAL 115 (1) | LAL 104 (2) | LAL 102 (2) | LAL 116 (2) | LAL 128 (3) | LAL 104 (3) |
(3) GSW 105 (0) | GSW  93 (0) | GSW 113 (1) | GSW 131 (2) | GSW 111 (2) | GSW 124 (3) |

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

PLAYOFFS (CONFERENCE FINALS)

GAME 7
Bulls 134, Celtics 132 (United Center)

The Bulls win a nail biter and advance to the NBA Championship after a tumultuous 134-132 game seven victory. Chicago led by as much as 23 points in the third quarter and the game appeared to be all but over, but the wheels began to off at the start of the fourth quarter. Boston made a furious run in the final 8 minutes, outscoring the Bulls 42-24, but came up just two points short of sending the game to overtime. If not for Kyrie Irving's near triple-double, the Celtics would surely have prevailed, as the Bulls offense disappeared late in the game. Irving scored 32 points, had 9 assists and grabbed 12 rebounds and was named Player of the Game. For the Celtics, Kemba Walker scored 37 points and had 15 assists in defeat.

In the Western Conference, the Lakers easily prevailed over the Golden State Warriors 132-112 and advance to their second consecutive NBA Championship series. There is little doubt that LeBron James is a Hall of Fame player and has been the superstar every where he has played, but make no mistake, the Lakers live and die with Anthony Davis. Davis is the heart and soul of this team and he proves it every time he steps out onto the court. Davis torched the Warriors for 43 points and 18 rebounds and will now get a chance to lead his team to a second consecutive NBA Championship. Something that all the LeBron haters will...well...hate. 

It's very clear that the Lakers will be the overwhelming favorites to repeat and the apparently unstoppable Davis is going to be the one who will determine whether of not they full fill their destiny. For the Bulls, they have to be thrilled with their playoff performance, as no one outside of the organization thought they could get this far. It really is astonishing how Chicago has managed to bounce back after the loss of Zach Lavine, but I don't think anyone would argue that they will be a huge underdog when pitted against the L.A. juggernaut.  

PLAYOFF TREE
EASTERN CONFERENCE

(4) CHI 134 (1) | CHI 115 (2) | CHI 110 (2) | CHI 123 (2) | CHI 116 (3) | CHI 114 (3) | CHI 134 (4) |
(6) BOS 121 (0) | BOS  97 (0) | BOS 111 (1) | BOS 131 (2) | BOS 108 (2) | BOS 124 (3) | BOS 132 (3) |

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) LAL 115 (1) | LAL 104 (2) | LAL 102 (2) | LAL 116 (2) | LAL 128 (3) | LAL 104 (3) | LAL 132 (4) |
(3) GSW 105 (0) | GSW  93 (0) | GSW 113 (1) | GSW 131 (2) | GSW 111 (2) | GSW 124 (3) | GSW 112 (3) |

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

PLAYOFFS (FINALS)

NBA FINALS

(4) CHI 110 (0) | CHI 110 (1) | CHI 130 (2) | CHI 128 (3) | CHI 119 (4) |
(1) LAL 124 (1) | LAL 102 (1) | LAL 119 (1) | LAL 126 (1) | LAL 103 (1) |

GAME 1 (Staples Center)
In a game that was never really in doubt, the Lakers easily defeated the Bulls 124-110. The Lakers shot 56% from the field and went into the half time break leading 63-47. The Bulls made a run in the third quarter, closing the gap to 88-84, but never got any closer than that and the Lakers pulled away down the stretch. LeBron James scored 24 points and Kyle Kuzma added an additional 23 points to Anthony Davis's game high 33 points. Kyrie Irving led the Bulls with 30 points and 11 assists in defeat.
POTG:  Anthony Davis - forward (LAL) 33 points / 5 assists / 15 rebounds / 4 blocks / 4 steals 

GAME 2 (Staples Center)
The Lakers Anthony Davis had his worst game of the year and eventually left the game after only sixteen minutes with a mysterious injury. It was the only game that Davis failed to score in all year and the Bulls took full advantage of his absence, outscoring the Lakers 39-28 in the final quarter. It is no secret that Davis is the key to the Lakers, but LeBron James stepped up and scored 36 points and L.A. led 74-71 at the end of the third quarter. Ultimately, the game came to down free throwing shooting and the Bulls went 23 of 23 from the free throw line, with Kyrie hitting 11 of 11 of his own. The series now shifts back to Chicago for game three and it remains to be seen if Anthony Davis will be in the Lakers starting lineup. 
POTG:  Kyrie Irving - guard (CHI) 38 points / 8 assists / 4 rebounds / 1 blocks / 0 steals 

GAME 3 (United Center)
When it was clear that Anthony Davis was going to start game three for the Lakers, no one would have predicted a Bulls victory, but I guess that's why they play the games. For the most part the Bulls held the Lakers in check and the triple threat of Davis, James and Kuzma combined 71 points. However, the Bulls starting five out scored the Lakers starting five 108-79, leaving the Lakers bench to make up the slack and they weren't up to the task. So, the Bulls taking a surprising or should I say, shocking, two games to one lead in the series, with a pivotal game four to be played at the United Center. Although Laker fans certainly have reason for concern, no one is ready to jump off the bandwagon just yet, but a Bulls victory in game four would dramatically diminish the odds of an L.A. repeat. In other words, live it up now LeBron haters, because it might not last. 
POTG:  Kyrie Irving - guard (CHI) 43 points / 11 assists / 6 rebounds / 1 blocks / 0 steals 

GAME 4 (United Center)
What is happening! Seriously...I'm going to take a moment to step outside of the game and say that there have been a lot of very interesting things to happen during my short time playing DDSPB20. They have mostly felt realistic and accurate, but this...I'm really having difficulty believing this is really happening. One game away from an NBA title, with the best shooting guard on the team out with an injury? Not to mention it is against the best team in the league that features Anthony Davis, LeBron James and Kyle Kuzma?!? I set the game to be as realistic and difficult as possible (at least I think I did) and I understand that there is always a certain bit of randomness to any simulation, but this doesn't "feel" quite right. I say that, because I would never have expected a team comprised of Kyrie Irving, Jaren Jackson, Rui Hachimura, Derek Favors and Lou Williams to win an NBA title. Even before the playoffs started, I was already thinking about who might be a good addition to the team, because we were still missing one or two players to make us a serious threat. Granted, we haven't exactly won the NBA title...yet...but even if we lose three straight, just coming within a single game, with this team, is a wee bit difficult for me to fathom. Okay, back to the game report...

The Chicago Bulls are poised to pull of one of the greatest NBA upsets in recent memory. When the playoffs started, no one would have predicted that the Bulls would make it to the NBA Finals, much less hold a three games to one lead over the defending champions. If the Bulls do indeed pull of the impossible, it will likely be because of game four. This was quite the game, as there were 33 lead changes, 16 ties and the largest lead of the game was a mere nine points. The home town fans certainly got their moneys worth, to say the least. Kyrie Irving led all scorers with 33 points and all five Chicago starters were in double figures. 

At this point the Lakers must be scratching their heads. They dominated points in the paint 76-46, second chance points 21-12 and fast break points 22-18, but still somehow fell short? Well, if you were paying attention and dig a little deeper into the post game stats, you would likely identify the Lakers downfall without too much difficulty. It was their free throwing shooting, again. Yes, the Bulls shot 40 free throws compared to the Lakers 25, but of those 25, the Lakers only made 13, for a 52% free throw shooting percentage. In contrast, the Bulls shot 70% from the free throw line. So, it's back to Los Angeles for game five. The Lakers have their backs against the wall and the Bulls only needing a single victory to snatch the title away. 
POTG:  Kyrie Irving - guard (CHI) 33 points / 13 assists / 5 rebounds / 0 blocks / 1 steals 

GAME 5 (Staples Center)
The Chicago Bulls are the NBA Champions! Bulls fans and LeBron haters around the world rejoice, because the L.A. Lakers just completed one of the most unlikely collapses in the history of professional sports. Down three games to one and at home, the Lakers squandered a 23 point lead and then were outscored 20-4 in overtime. That's right, twenty to four! The Lakers jumped out to an early 33-14 lead in the first quarter and led 55-40 at the half. However, the Bulls clawed their way back and outscored the Lakers 38-23 to push the game to extra time. In overtime the Lakers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat and the Bulls raced away to capture their first title since Michael Jordan and company. 

Now that the question of who will be the NBA Champion has been answered, there are still many questions on peoples minds. Like, how did the Lakers manage to throw away a 23 point lead? How did the Bulls manage to win four straight against the defending champs? How did LeBron James go 5 of 19 and 0 of 5 from three, in the most important game of the year? Is the Lakers collapse on par with the Falcons 28-3 choke in the superbowl? 

How good are the Bulls...really? 

Honestly, I'm still stunned. Don't get me wrong, I believe I've assembled a pretty decent team, but winning the NBA Championship with the current roster just never crossed my mind. It was simply too much of an impossibility and I am hesititant to actually enjoy the success. It still doesn't feel real or possible. I suppose Jerry Reinsdorf will be thrilled. Hell, he should be. We just won an NBA title with the second lowest payroll in the league. Only Charlotte has more room under the cap than we do and they stink on wheat. I hate to say it, but the victory feels a little hollow right now...I really don't know what else to say.

Hurray?!?

POTG:  Jaren Jackson - forward (CHI) 23 points / 1 assists / 9 rebounds / 6 blocks / 0 steals 

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
2020-2021 SEASON AWARDS

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
Anthony Davis - Forward (LAL) 27.8 ppg / 4.2 apg / 12.0 rpg / 1.9 spg / 2.8 bpg.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Anthony Davis - Forward (LAL) 27.8 ppg / 4.2 apg / 12.0 rpg / 1.9 spg / 2.8 bpg.

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR
Monte Morris - Guard (DEN) 15.3 ppg / 4.6 apg / 2.9 rpg / 0.9 spg / 0.4 bpg

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Bernard Person - Forward (PHO) 21.0 ppg / 1.8 apg / 7.6 rpg / 1.3 spg / 1.1 bpg

COACH OF THE YEAR
Brett Brown - Philadelphia 76ers 63-19

ALL-LEAGUE 1st TEAM
G Kemba Walker (BOS)
G James Harden (HOU)
F Kawhi Leonard (LAC)
F Anthony Davis (LAL)
C Karl-Anthony Towns (MIN)

ALL-LEAGUE 2nd TEAM
G Luka Doncic (DAL)
G Donovan Mitchell (UTA)
F Paul George (LAC)
F Kevin Durant (BKN)
C Deandre Ayton (PHO)

ALL-LEAGUE 3rd TEAM
G Damian Lillard (POR)
G Bradley Beal (WAS)
F LeBron James (LAL)
F Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL)
C Nikola Vucevic (ORL)

ALL-DEFENSIVE 1st TEAM
G Luka Doncic (DAL)
G James Harden (HOU) *Really ?!? Bull fighter of the year maybe, but first team All-Defense...please.
F Jayson Tatum (BOS)
F Anthony Davis (LAL)
C Mitchell Robinson (NYK)

ALL-DEFENSIVE 2nd TEAM
G Kemba Walker (BOS)
G Donovan Mitchell (UTA)
F Paul George (LAC)
F Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL)
C Rudy Gobert (UTA)

ALL-ROOKIE 1st TEAM
G Marlin Taylor (CHA)
G Kelley Phillips (MEM)
F David Hayes (MIA)
F Bernard Person (PHO)
C Jason Robertson (DET)

ALL-ROOKIE 2nd TEAM
G Alfred DePina (BKN)
G Kevin Dickel (UTA)
F Antone Angner (LAC)
F Randy Bradford (TOR)
C Tyrone Maloney (ATL)

Note: Not a single Chicago Bull...hmm...I guess you don't need a superstar to win an NBA title.
---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

OFF SEASON REPORT

League News
The salary cap for the 2021-2022 season has been set at $117.8 mil and the luxury cap is now $143.7 mil. That puts us currently $4.9 mil under the cap. 

Contract News
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I exercised the rookie options on guard Coby White and forward Rui Hachimura, which will cost us an additional $2.8 mil, but that won't affect us until the 2022 season. The following players are all coming to the end of their respective contracts: G Lou Williams, G Pat Connaughton, G Chris Chiozza, F Luke Kornet and C Issac Humphries. Of those five, Williams and Kornet would be the two biggest losses and in hindsight, I wished I'd tried to extend their contracts before the end of the season. I might have been able to get them cheaper than what their free agent asking price is sure to be. Williams played a significant role for the team, starting in place of the injured Zach LaVine and Kornet has been coming off the bench to provide valuable minutes for the last two years. If I had my choice, I'd resign them both.

Meeting with Jerry Reinsdorf
Anti-climatic. That would be the best way to describe my post season conversation. "How do I think I did?" Really...I just won you the NBA title with the second lowest payroll in the league...THAT'S I DID! No congrats? No well done or nice job, would you please sign this ten year contract, because your the greatest! Nope, cold as ever...what an a-hole.

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

hX9CBli.jpg
2021-2022 SEASON

PRE SEASON REPORT

OWNER MEETINGS
I told Jerry we were championship material. What else was I going to say? We just won the NBA title and will be hanging a the banner this fall. Oh sure, we were the worst team since the 77-78 Bullets to win a title, but no matter. With Jerry's permission to exceed the cap, I should be able to bring in a couple of key players to really strengthen the team and I've already got my eye on a couple of free agents. 

STAFF CONTRACTS
I couldn't come to terms with Chris Fleming and Nate Loenser, therefore they are no longer with the organization and have been replaced by Jason Thompson and Phil Weber. The 43 year old Thompson will take over for the departed Fleming as the 2nd assistant and Weber will replace Loenser. Both Thompson and Weber were signed to four year deals for $1.1 mil and $1 mil respectively. That was the easy part, the hard part comes later, as Head Coach Randy Wittman is in the final year of his contract. Fred Hoiberg still has two years remaining, but I'm sure he is itching to take the reigns, if not here, then some where else. The problem is that Wittman is probably going to want a huge raise and Hoiberg is sure to bolter at the end of his contract if Wittman gets a new deal. In other words, it's going to get a messy and expensive. It's just a matter of time. Oh and by the way, neither Fleming or Loenser caught on with another team. 

DRAFT REPORT
We began the draft with the 20th overall pick, but made a deal with Washington, who were looking to trade down from the 4th spot. I then traded the 4th overall pick and PF Jaren Jackson to the Orlando Magic, to move up two spots. Why? Well, I really wanted a big man and I had my heart set on Jaquay Bailey, a 6'-9', 253 lbs center out of Tennessee-Martin. The mock draft had him going second overall, with SF Nate Richardson being the consensus number one pick going to Sacramento at #1. So, I summoned the spirit of Sonny Weaver Jr. (Movie Draft Day) and I did something totally irrational and borderline stupid. 

You see, the Kings completely blew up my plan and took, stole is a better word, Jaquay Bailey with the #1 overall pick. I was completely shocked and really pissed, because I had just traded away Jaren Jackson and I wasn't even going to get "my" guy. I literally woke my wife up to complain about the injustice I had just been served. I'm not kidding, she went to bed just as I was starting the draft and less than five minutes later I was in the bedroom going, "Your not going to believe this shit!" Anyway, that left Nate Richardson on the board, but I wasn't sold on him, plus I already had Rui Hachimura and I now needed to fill the void left by Jackson...ugh. What a debacle.

I have to admit, I was really disappointed with how I handled the draft. I totally botched it and should have just stuck with the #4 pick. Hell, I'd already given up a lot to get that...dumb. The only bright side is that Jackson was in the final year of his contract and I probably wouldn't be able to resign him at the end of the season anyway, so replacing him now would allow me to draft a player that would eventually save me some cap space over the long haul. Ultimately we drafted Jimmy Dixon, a 6'-8", 229 lbs power forward out of Temple. Dixon averaged 25.4 ppg and 11.7 rpg in college and he has the potential to be as good or better (fingers crossed) than Jackson, but I would be lying if I didn't think I've made a terrible mistake. I suppose it could have been worse, but it was definitely a Sonny'esc moment. 

Note: I did get SG Terrence Ross in the deal with the Magic and he will step right into the shoes of the soon to be departing Lou Williams. 

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
We have five UFA's, SG Lou Williams, SG Pat Connaughton, PF Luke Kornet, PG Chris Chiozza and C Issac Humphries. I renounced the rights to all five players, to free up some cap space. 

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

2021-2022 SEASON

We are currently $7 mil over the cap. We have several players that will become free agents at the end of the season, but Zach LaVine and Chandler Hutchison are the only players that I'm concerned about. I'm going to make every effort to keep them both, but LaVine is a priority. Right now I'm happy with our current lineup and I don't think I will regret the loss of Jaren Jackson as much as I originally thought I would. 

FREE AGENCY
Didn't do much during the free agent period, as we didn't have enough cap space to sign anyone of any significance. We did fill some bench positions and I traded center Wendell Carter and our 2022 1st round pick (NOP) to the Sacramento Kings for rookie center Jaquay Bailey. Yes, that is the same guy I was targeting in the draft. So, I suppose I'm still calling upon the spirit of ole Sonny Weaver, but this decision really has that "Draft Day" feel about it. You know what I'm talking about; when Kevin Costner totally screws up the draft and somehow manages to accidentally wiggle himself out of the fire and keep his job. Yea...kinda like that, but you know the old saying, better to be lucky than good. 

SIGNINGS
C Anzejis Pacecniks 7'1" / 220 lbs / 26 year old (1-Year $1.5 mil)
SG Dion Waiters 6'3" / 210 lbs / 30 year old (1-Year $2.5 mil)
PF Christian Wood 6'10" / 214 lbs / 26 year old (1-Year $2.0 mil)
PG David Stockton 5'11" / 165 lbs / 30 year old (1-Year $1.8 mil)

RELEASED
C Zhou Qi 

Lastly, I went ahead and exercised the 3rd year rookie option on both Jaquay Bailey and Jimmy Dixon. With the exception of Zach LaVine, I have all of my starters under contract through the 2022-2023 season and since LaVine will be a free agent at the end of this year, I tried to offer him an extension, but could get around the 7.5% limitation. Oh yea, I'm going to try and add some pictures and screen grabs in the future.

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

Note: Originally, this is the point in which I started using graphics in lieu of text. However, the process was a bit clunky and I got tired of capturing and uploading pics. They looked nice, but managing them was a pain and it created a situation where the entire thread could get orphaned of information. I then figured out how to display simple text properly, so I'm going back and replacing all the graphics with simple text, like below. It's not as pretty, but it's easy to manage and I don't have to worry about it disappearing.   

TEAM INFO

Team Salary   | $124,904,000 |
Waived Salary |       $0,000 |
CAP Status    |  -$7,094,000 |

DRAFT PICKS

Year  | RND | TEAM         |
  2022  |  2  | Magic        |
  2022  |  -  | -            |
  2023  |  1  | Bulls        |
  2023  |  -  | Bulls        |
  2024  |  1  | Bulls        |
  2024  |  2  | Bulls        |
Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

STAFF

Head Coach      |     RECORD     | AGE | PLAYOFFS | TITLES | EXP |   SALARY   | STR | OFF | DEF | POT | DEV |
Randy Wittman   | 371-477 (.438) |  61 |     4    |    1   |  12 | $5,137,809 |  B  |  C  |  B  |  C  |  C  |

Assistants      | AGE | PLAYOFFS | TITLES | EXP |   SALARY   | STR | OFF | DEF | POT | DEV |
Fred Hoiberg    |  49 |     1    |    0   |  4  | $3,175,478 |  C  |  A  |  D  |  A  |  C  |
Jason Thompson  |  43 |     0    |    0   |  0  | $1,100,000 |  D  |  D  |  D  |  C  |  D  |
Phil Weber      |  60 |     0    |    0   |  0  | $1,030,000 |  D  |  D  |  D  |  D  |  C  |
Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

ROSTER

PLAYER             | POS | HGT | WGT | AGE | EXP |   SALARY    |
Kyrie Irving       |  PG | 6-2 | 195 |  29 |  10 | $34,916,767 |
Zach Lavine        |  SG | 6-6 | 181 |  26 |  7  | $19,500,000 |
Rui Hachimura      |  SF | 6-8 | 230 |  23 |  2  |  $5,021,338 |
Jimmy Dixon        |  PF | 6-8 | 229 |  21 |  0  |  $7,854,785 |   
Derrek Favors      |  C  | 6-9 | 246 |  30 |  11 | $16,656,063 |

BENCH

Coby White         |  PG | 6-4 | 185 |  21 |  2  |  $5,962,767 |
Terrence Ross      |  SG | 6-6 | 206 |  30 |  9  | $12,500,000 |
Jaquay Bailey      |  C  | 6-9 | 253 |  20 |  2  |  $8,781,138 |
Dion Waiters       |  SG | 6-3 | 210 |  30 |  9  |  $2,493,076 |
Chandler Hutchison |  SF | 6-7 | 197 |  25 |  3  |  $4,019,458 |
Anzejis Pacecniks  |  C  | 7-1 | 220 |  26 |  1  |  $1,545,824 |
Daniel Gafford     |  PF | 6-10| 234 |  21 |  2  |  $1,782,261 |
David Stockton     |  PG | 5-11| 165 |  30 |  4  |  $1,857,457 |
Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

DEPTH CHART
STARTERS

Kyrie Irving       |  PG | 6-2 | 195 |  29 |  10 | $34,916,767 |
Zach Lavine        |  SG | 6-6 | 181 |  26 |  7  | $19,500,000 |
Rui Hachimura      |  SF | 6-8 | 230 |  23 |  2  |  $5,021,338 |
Jimmy Dixon        |  PF | 6-8 | 229 |  21 |  0  |  $7,854,785 |   
Derrek Favors      |  C  | 6-9 | 246 |  30 |  11 | $16,656,063 |

BENCH

Coby White         |  PG | 6-4 | 185 |  21 |  2  |  $5,962,767 |
Terrence Ross      |  SG | 6-6 | 206 |  30 |  9  | $12,500,000 |
Jaquay Bailey      |  C  | 6-9 | 253 |  20 |  2  |  $8,781,138 |
Dion Waiters       |  SG | 6-3 | 210 |  30 |  9  |  $2,493,076 |
Chandler Hutchison |  SF | 6-7 | 197 |  25 |  3  |  $4,019,458 |
Anzejis Pacecniks  |  C  | 7-1 | 220 |  26 |  1  |  $1,545,824 |
Daniel Gafford     |  PF | 6-10| 234 |  21 |  2  |  $1,782,261 |
David Stockton     |  PG | 5-11| 165 |  30 |  4  |  $1,857,457 |

PLAYER RATINGS
STARTERS

PLAYER             | FGI | FGJ |  FT | SCR | PAS | HDL | ORB | DRB | DEF | BLK | STL | DRFL | DI | IQ | EN |
Kyrie Irving       |  8  |  9  |  9  |  8  |  7  |  8  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  2  |  7  |   3  |  5 |  8 |  7 |
Zach Lavine        |  6  |  7  |  8  |  8  |  5  |  5  |  2  |  4  |  5  |  2  |  5  |   4  |  6 |  6 |  8 |
Rui Hachimura      |  10 |  7  |  7  |  6  |  3  |  5  |  5  |  6  |  6  |  4  |  6  |   5  |  5 |  7 |  7 |
Jimmy Dixon        |  7  |  7  |  8  |  6  |  3  |  5  |  8  |  5  |  4  |  3  |  7  |   3  |  5 |  4 |  3 |   
Derrek Favors      |  9  |  4  |  6  |  5  |  2  |  3  |  7  |  5  |  10 |  5  |  3  |   4  |  5 |  7 |  6 |

BENCH

PLAYER             | FGI | FGJ |  FT | SCR | PAS | HDL | ORB | DRB | DEF | BLK | STL | DRFL | DI | IQ | EN |
Coby White         |  8  |  8  |  8  |  6  |  5  |  8  |  3  |  4  |  6  |  2  |  7  |   3  |  5 |  7 |  8 |
Terrence Ross      |  9  |  9  |  9  |  6  |  2  |  6  |  1  |  3  |  5  |  2  |  4  |   1  |  7 |  6 |  7 |
Jaquay Bailey      |  8  |  1  |  5  |  6  |  2  |  2  |  5  |  5  |  2  |  3  |  2  |   4  |  4 |  2 |  1 |
Dion Waiters       |  5  |  7  |  4  |  5  |  3  |  6  |  1  |  3  |  5  |  1  |  3  |   1  |  6 |  6 |  7 |
Chandler Hutchison |  7  |  8  |  6  |  3  |  2  |  5  |  3  |  5  |  7  |  2  |  4  |   3  |  7 |  7 |  7 |
Anzejis Pacecniks  |  7  |  3  |  6  |  3  |  2  |  2  |  5  |  4  |  6  |  3  |  3  |   4  |  4 |  6 |  5 |
Daniel Gafford     |  10 |  4  |  6  |  3  |  2  |  4  |  5  |  4  |  8  |  3  |  3  |   1  |  5 |  9 |  7 |
David Stockton     |  5  |  5  |  7  |  4  |  5  |  8  |  2  |  3  |  6  |  1  |  4  |   2  |  5 |  9 |  8 |
Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

OCTOBER 2021
In the season preview we were ranked #1 in the Division and #3 in the Conference. However, that did not include Zach LaVine in the equation. He will be returning to the lineup sometime in November and that can't happen soon enough. When healthy, LaVine is a great player and his stand-in, Terrence Ross, has been a little disappointing. I regret letting Lou Williams get away from us. Williams provided some stability to the lineup and so far the team has been up and down. We lost our home opener to the Nets 112-115 after Kris Dunn hit a desperation three from half court. Then we won three straight and all was well. That streak was then followed by three consecutive losses. Along the way we pickup up a couple of injuries, with Dion Waiters being lost for a month due to a broken nose and Chandler Hutchison out with a sore back. Hopefully things will turn around in November and we really need LaVine back and healthy.   

SCHEDULE

DATE |    GAME   |  SCORE  | W-L |
 10/17 | BKN @ CHI | 115-112 |  L  |
 10/20 | CHI @ DET | 100-85  |  w  |
 10/21 | ORL @ CHI |  98-111 |  w  |
 10/24 | IND @ CHI | 107-122 |  w  |
 10/25 | CHI @ TOR | 100-118 |  L  |
 10/28 | CHI @ NOP | 103-114 |  L  |
 10/29 | BOS @ CHI | 115-111 |  L  |

RECORD     W-L
OVERALL |  3-4  |
MONTH   |  3-4  |
Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

NOVEMBER 2021
Zach LaVine returns to the starting lineup, but the team remains inconsistent. The team is ranked 6th in the league in points per game (109.2) and 21st in points allowed per game (108.0). We are pretty much average in most other categories and that is reflected in our just above average win-loss record. Let's be honest, this is not a team that even remotely looks like they are the defending NBA champions. However, it's not time to hit the panic button just yet and if I'm honest I'm not sure what we would do right now to make any significant improvements in the lineup. As we get closer to the trading deadline in February, other teams might be looking to offload their high dollar soon to be free agents. We just might be able to swoop in an bring in some last minute talent for a playoff run...but it's still early days. Right now I'm taking a wait and see approach. 

SCHEDULE

11/1  | MIL @ CHI | 130-139 |  w  |
 11/3  | CHI @ ATL | 117-107 |  w  |
 11/5  | CHA @ CHI |  98-108 |  w  |
 11/7  | DET @ CHI |  87-79  |  L  |
 11/9  | CHI @ DAL |  94-108 |  L  |
 11/11 | CHI @ HOU | 109-97  |  W  |
 11/13 | CHI @ BOS |  94-118 |  L  |
 11/15 | CHI @ WAS | 104-97  |  W  |
 11/17 | GSW @ CHI | 136-135 |  L  |
 11/20 | CHI @ CLE | 119-108 |  W  |
 11/22 | TOR @ CHI | 104-112 |  W  |
 11/24 | WAS @ CHI | 111-105 |  L  |
 11/27 | CHI @ NYK | 118-115 |  W  |
 11/28 | MIA @ CHI | 103-87  |  L  |
 11/30 | CHI @ CHA | 124-105 |  W  |

RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 12-10 |
MONTH   |  9-6  |
Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

DECEMBER 2021
The team has been playing much better of late and we went 11-3 in the month of December. Our points per game has risen to 111.3, which is ranked 2nd in the league. Unfortunately our points against has also increased to 111.4, which is ranked a dismal 23rd. You can blame the lack of defense on the coaches if you want or just not enough effort put forth by the players, but the reality is that I sacrificed some defense when I let Jaren Jackson and Lou Williams go. However, there is nothing I can do about that now and I'm not going to mention them again. It's time to look forward and see how I can help the team can improve. 

I've also decided what I'm going to do about Zach LaVine and his impending free agency. I've tried to extend his contract several times and I always get within $30-$50k before negotiations break down. I simply keep bumping up against the 7.5% limit and the fact that I get so close, but fail to come to terms with the player, tells me that there is no way it's going to happen. It is frustrating, but I seriously doubt this would happen in the real world, so it seems a little predetermined by the code. Anyway, I'm simply going to try and resign him in the off season and utilize the "Bird Rule" so I won't have to worry about any cap restrictions. 

Also, the question of Wittman's contract is going to have to be answered at some point. Wittman is going to want in excess of $6 mil per year and that is really going to put me up against it, because Hoiberg is probably going to want even more at the end of his contract in 2023. I think what I'm going to do is wait until the playoffs are over. If Wittman can lead the team to another title, I'll have no choice but to give him what he wants. If we bow out early, that might be enough reason to let his contract expire and promote Hoiberg. By doing that, I should be able to bring in an assistant who's asking price won't break my budget. It's going to be a difficult decision either way, but Hoiberg is a master at evaluating offense and player potential. Two traits that aren't easy to come by in the $4-$6 million dollar price range of modern day NBA coaches. 

Note: I completely forgot to mention that Jimmy Dixon was named the NBA Rookie of the Month.

SCHEDULE

12/2  | MEM @ CHI |  99-106 |  w  |
 12/4  | CHI @ IND | 122-128 |  L  |
 12/6  | PHO @ CHI | 105-118 |  w  |
 12/8  | CHI @ MIL | 112-87  |  W  |
 12/9  | NYK @ CHI | 104-113 |  W  |
 12/12 | CHA @ CHI | 114-119 |  W  |
 12/14 | LAL @ CHI |  93-105 |  W  |
 12/16 | UTA @ CHI |  97-113 |  W  |
 12/17 | CHI @ ATL | 101-125 |  L  |
 12/19 | CHI @ DET | 119-111 |  W  |
 12/21 | IND @ CHI | 104-103 |  L  |
 12/25 | CHI @ SAC |  99-110 |  L  |
 12/27 | CHI @ PHO | 142-129 |  W  |
 12/30 | CHI @ UTA | 130-118 |  W  |

RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 22-14 |
MONTH   | 10-4  |

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

JANUARY 2022
It was a difficult start to the month with Hachimura and Dixon out for two weeks with injuries. We lost five consecutive games during that period, but once they returned to the starting lineup, we managed to go 7-2 after that. Unfortunately our points allowed per game has now ballooned to 109.1, 26th in the league. We simply have to get better defensively and with only a week remaining before the trading deadline, it's really now or never. I'm not convinced this team is strong enough to make a deep run in the playoffs, much less defend the title with the current players we have. I think it's time to do some shopping. 

DEPTH CHART
STARTERS

PLAYER             | POS |  PPG  |  APG  |  RPG  |  SPG  |  BPG  |
Kyrie Irving       |  PG |  28.1 |  6.6  |  4.7  |  1.3  |  0.6  |
Zach Lavine        |  SG |  19.8 |  5.5  |  5.8  |  1.4  |  0.8  |
Rui Hachimura      |  SF |  13.3 |  2.8  |  6.8  |  1.5  |  0.8  |
Jimmy Dixon        |  PF |  13.1 |  2.0  |  7.0  |  1.8  |  0.9  |  
Derrek Favors      |  C  |  12.0 |  1.7  |  8.8  |  1.0  |  1.9  |

BENCH

Coby White         |  PG |  11.8 |  3.1  |  2.5  |  1.0  |  0.4  |
Jaquay Bailey      |  C  |   6.8 |  0.9  |  4.5  |  0.3  |  0.4  |
Terrence Ross      |  SG |   7.2 |  1.3  |  2.4  |  0.8  |  0.3  |
Daniel Gafford     |  PF |   2.6 |  0.5  |  1.9  |  0.2  |  0.3  |
Christian Wood     |  PF |   2.0 |  0.5  |  1.9  |  0.4  |  0.3  |
Anzejis Pacecniks  |  C  |   3.2 |  0.3  |  2.2  |  0.2  |  0.3  |
Chandler Hutchison |  SF |   2.5 |  0.7  |  2.0  |  0.2  |  0.1  |

SCHEDULE

1/2  | MIN @ CHI | 117-102 |  L  |
  1/3  | CHI @ BKN | 107-119 |  L  |
  1/6  | CHI @ ORL | 110-124 |  L  |
  1/8  | CHI @ OKC |  94-116 |  L  |
  1/11 | CHI @ PHI | 118-125 |  L  |
  1/12 | CHI @ MIL | 115-99  |  W  |
  1/15 | SAC @ CHI | 110-115 |  W  |
  1/18 | ORL @ CHI | 108-111 |  W  |
  1/20 | DEN @ CHI | 100-115 |  W  |
  1/23 | CHI @ SAN | 101-86  |  W  |
  1/26 | MIL @ CHI | 111-119 |  W  |
  1/28 | CLE @ CHI |  89-111 |  W  |
  1/30 | CHI @ CLE | 126-129 |  L  |
  1/31 | MIA @ CHI | 121-109 |  L  |

RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 29-21 |
MONTH   |  7-7  |

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

FEBRUARY 2022
With the trading deadline nearly upon us, it was time to scour the trading block. There were a lot of really great players being shopped, but they also came with some really big price tags. We just couldn't meet legal cap minimums to even consider most of the available players. It seems that teams were simply trying to clear some cap space, especially those teams that were already struggling near the bottom of the standings. I spent quite a bit of time researching players and noticed that the Nets were shopping both center DeAndre Jordan and small forward Otto Porter Jr. Otto had a pretty high price tag of $18 mil a year, but he was still young and a proven player. He was also a former Chicago Bull that I traded away in my first season as GM. DeAndre Jordan still had two years on his contract, but was only $9.8 mil dollars per year. A bargain, despite being on the wrong side of thirty. 

Now, I know what your thinking, didn't you just trade for the Kings Jaquay Bailey? THE Jaquay Bailey that went #1 overall and was the player that you coveted, but didn't get, despite making all of those stupid Sonny Weaver draft moves. Yes, one and the same. If I'm honest, I'm not at all convinced the kid is going to live up to all of the expectations and he is a bit of a liability in the short term. Jordan is a solid veteran with far better defensive skills and he's not going to be worried about getting a lot of playing time, which will allow Derrek Favors to remain as the starter, without fear of losing his job. I may regret it and I'll be the first person to admit it, but we need someone who can provide solid minutes off the bench and not be a liability on defense. Bringing back Porter gives us depth and a solid sixth man coming off the bench.

So, I sent C Jaquay Bailey, SF Chandler Hutchinson, SG Terrence Ross, SG Dion Waiters and PF Christian Wood to the Brooklyn Nets for C DeAndre Jordan and SF Otto Parker. Ross, Waiters, and Wood were included in the deal to make it cap legal and so that I could trim some fat. It also helped clear a couple of million in cap money. However, I need to bring in a shooting guard to replace Ross and get the roster back to the league minimum of thirteen. I'm not sure if the game even enforces that, but I've made it a house rule regardless. So, I traded David Stockton and our 2022 2nd round pick to the Orlando Magic for SG Pat Connaughton. Yes, the former Bull Pat Connaughton that was released to free agency at the end of last year. I then signed free agent PG Wade Baldwin and SG Furkan Korkmaz to fill out the roster. 

In the end, I'm not sure I really accomplished much and we finished the month with a disappointing five wins and five losses. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I supposed. Let's see how we do in the month of March and fingers crossed for better results down the stretch. This month our points per game was ranked 2nd overall, at 111.2 and our points allowed per game was 109.3, which has us ranked 27th. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but we'll need a bigger sample size to determine if the roster changes are moving the needle in the right direction. 

DEPTH CHART

Kyrie Irving       |  PG |  27.5 |  6.7  |  4.7  |  1.3  |  0.5  |
Zach Lavine        |  SG |  19.9 |  5.6  |  5.7  |  1.5  |  0.7  |
Rui Hachimura      |  SF |  13.6 |  2.7  |  6.8  |  1.4  |  0.8  |
DeAndre Jordan     |  PF |   6.1 |  2.0  |  9.6  |  0.4  |  0.9  |  
Derrek Favors      |  C  |  12.0 |  1.8  |  8.8  |  1.0  |  1.8  |

BENCH

Coby White         |  PG |  11.3 |  2.9  |  2.3  |  0.9  |  0.3  |
Otto Porter Jr.    |  SF |  12.1 |  1.8  |  4.4  |  1.3  |  0.6  |
Wade Baldwin IV    |  PG |   3.1 |  1.1  |  1.1  |  0.2  |  0.2  |
Daniel Gafford     |  PF |   2.4 |  0.4  |  2.0  |  0.3  |  0.3  |
Anzejis Pacecniks  |  C  |   2.8 |  0.2  |  2.0  |  0.2  |  0.3  |
Furkan Korkmaz     |  SG |   3.1 |  0.6  |  1.3  |  0.2  |  0.1  |
Pat Connaughton    |  SG |   1.4 |  0.3  |  0.9  |  0.1  |  0.3  |

INJURIES
Jimmy Dixon        | Out 4 Days (Sore Back)

SCHEDULE

2/3  | DAL @ CHI | 132-115 |  L  |
  2/6  | CHI @ ORL | 116-127 |  L  |
  2/7  | OKC @ CHI |  90-103 |  W  |
  2/9  | CHI @ CHA | 121-110 |  W  |
  2/11 | CHI @ BKN | 122-106 |  W  |
  2/13 | CHI @ DEN | 105-114 |  L  |
  2/22 | ATL @ CHI | 125-112 |  L  |
  2/23 | CHI @ MEM |  92-113 |  L  |
  2/25 | SAN @ CHI |  91-113 |  W  |
  2/27 | TOR @ CHI |  94-112 |  W  |

RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 34-26 |
MONTH   |  5-5  |

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg

MARCH 2022
Another month of mediocre basketball. We win games we probably shouldn't and lose games we should win. This time last year we were 42-32, so I can't decide if we're right on pace for a title defense or going to tank in the first round. It's actually rather disappointing. I really expected this team to produce a fifty win season, so this feels like a step in the wrong direction. Hopefully our fortunes will change in April, but I'm too bummed to talk about it right now and I'm very busy dodging Jerry's calls.  

DEPTH CHART

Kyrie Irving       |  PG |  27.1 |  7.0  |  4.5  |  1.3  |  0.5  |
Zach Lavine        |  SG |  20.1 |  5.4  |  5.4  |  1.5  |  0.7  |
Rui Hachimura      |  SF |  14.1 |  2.7  |  7.2  |  1.6  |  0.8  |
Jimmy Dixon        |  PF |  13.5 |  1.9  |  6.8  |  1.7  |  0.8  |  
Derrek Favors      |  C  |  12.3 |  1.7  |  8.7  |  1.0  |  1.8  |

BENCH

DeAndre Jordan     |  C  |   6.0 |  2.0  |  9.4  |  0.5  |  0.7  |
Coby White         |  PG |  11.0 |  2.7  |  2.2  |  0.9  |  0.3  |
Daniel Gafford     |  PF |   3.1 |  0.4  |  2.0  |  0.4  |  0.2  |
Anzejis Pacecniks  |  C  |   2.6 |  0.3  |  2.0  |  0.1  |  0.3  |
Furkan Korkmaz     |  SG |   3.1 |  0.7  |  1.3  |  0.3  |  0.1  |
Wade Baldwin IV    |  PG |   3.8 |  1.0  |  0.8  |  0.1  |  0.1  |
Otto Porter Jr.    |  SF |  10.9 |  1.6  |  4.0  |  1.2  |  0.5  |

INJURIES
Otto Porter Jr.    | Out 1 Day (Sore Hand)

SCHEDULE

3/1  | NYK @ CHI | 122-109 |  L  |
  3/3  | POR @ CHI | 122-119 |  L  |
  3/5  | CLE @ CHI |  94-112 |  W  |
  3/7  | CHI @ POR |  97-107 |  L  |
  3/9  | CHI @ GSW | 107-117 |  L  |
  3/11 | CHI @ LAL | 125-120 |  W  |
  3/13 | CHI @ LAC | 132-113 |  W  |
  3/15 | CHI @ MIN | 122-130 |  L  |
  3/17 | CHI @ IND | 113-110 |  W  |
  3/19 | DET @ CHI | 108-94  |  L  |
  3/21 | PHI @ CHI | 104-109 |  W  |
  3/23 | LAC @ CHI | 118-104 |  L  |
  3/25 | CHI @ TOR | 113-92  |  W  |
  3/27 | CHI @ MIA | 121-123 |  L  |
  3/28 | CHI @ WAS | 112-99  |  W  |
  3/30 | NOP @ CHI |  95-114 |  W  |

RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 42-34 |
MONTH   |  8-8  |

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
APRIL 2022
After a couple of frustratingly mediocre months, we finally managed to string together some wins and recorded 5-1 record for the month of April. We finished the season with an overall record of 47-35 and won the Central Division with an 11-5 record. It also positioned us as the third overall seed in the upcoming Eastern Conference playoffs, where we will face off against the New York Knicks in the first round.  

Oddly enough, despite all the roster changes, we finished the regular season with the same identical record that we finish with last year. I find that a little disappointing, because I really thought we would have had a stronger year and my goal was to win fifty games. Then again we did win an NBA Championship last year...so maybe 47 wins is our lucky number. 

One thing that I really find interesting, is just how many of last years playoff teams will be missing the post season. The 76ers went 58-18 last year and could only manage a 39-43 record this season. Brooklyn lost 26 more games than the previous season and both Boston and Detriot failed to advance. Most surprising of all, the absence of perennial powerhouses Los Angeles and Houston. The Lakers went a dismal 35-47 and Houston an even worse 29-53. 

Speaking of the Lakers, LeBron haters rejoice, because it appears that his reign as the NBA's best player is officially over. At 37 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't retire at seasons end. Despite starting 75 games, his production dropped dramatically from 22.9 ppg to 10.7 ppg and that is a sure sign of a Superstar on the decline. 

DEPTH CHART

Kyrie Irving       |  PG |  26.9 |  6.9  |  4.4  |  1.3  |  0.6  |
Zach Lavine        |  SG |  20.5 |  5.7  |  5.3  |  1.5  |  0.7  |
Rui Hachimura      |  SF |  14.6 |  2.7  |  7.2  |  1.6  |  0.8  |
Jimmy Dixon        |  PF |  14.0 |  2.0  |  6.8  |  1.6  |  0.8  |  
Derrek Favors      |  C  |  12.0 |  1.7  |  8.5  |  1.0  |  1.8  |

BENCH

Coby White         |  PG |  11.2 |  2.6  |  2.3  |  0.8  |  0.4  |
Otto Porter Jr.    |  SF |  10.6 |  1.6  |  3.9  |  1.2  |  0.5  |
Daniel Gafford     |  PF |   3.3 |  0.5  |  1.9  |  0.4  |  0.2  |
Anzejis Pacecniks  |  C  |   2.9 |  0.2  |  2.2  |  0.2  |  0.2  |
Wade Baldwin IV    |  PG |   3.9 |  1.4  |  0.9  |  0.1  |  0.1  |
Furkan Korkmaz     |  SG |   3.0 |  0.7  |  1.3  |  0.3  |  0.0  |
Pat Connaughton    |  SG |   1.2 |  0.3  |  0.8  |  0.1  |  0.2  |
DeAndre Jordan     |  C  |   6.0 |  2.0  |  9.4  |  0.5  |  0.7  |

INJURIES
DeAndre Jordan     | Out 1 Day (Strained Abdominal)

SCHEDULE

4/1  | HOU @ CHI | 109-117 |  W  |
  4/3  | PHI @ ORL | 114-120 |  W  |
  4/5  | ATL @ CHI | 124-114 |  L  |
  4/6  | CHI @ NYK | 118-108 |  W  |
  4/9  | CHI @ BOS | 122-109 |  W  |
  4/11 | BOS @ CHI | 128-132 |  W  |

RECORD     W-L
OVERALL | 47-35 |
MONTH   |  5-1  |

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

EASTERN | WESTERN 
ATL 62-20 | GSW 53-39
MIA 49-33 | SAC 53-49
CHI 47-35 | DAL 51-31
IND 45-37 | UTA 50-32
TOR 42-40 | NOP 49-33
NYK 40-35 | DEN 49-33
CHA 41-41 | POR 47-35
MIL 40-42 | LAC 45-37
----------|----------
BOS 39-43 | OKA 40-42
PHI 39-43 | PHO 40-42
ORL 37-45 | MEM 37-45
WAS 34-48 | LAL 35-47
DET 33-49 | MIN 32-50
BKN 26-56 | HOU 29-53
CLE 19-63 | SAS 22-60

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
PLAYOFFS 2022
Zach LaVine scored led all scorers with 33 points and all five of the Bulls starters scored in double-figures, as the Chicago Bulls captured game one of the series 124-122. 

ROUND 1 / GAME 1 (United Center)

Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT    F
NYK | 35 | 38 | 19 | 30 | -- | 122  
CHI | 38 | 25 | 33 | 28 | -- | 124

GAME 1/ROUND 1 PLAYOFF RESULTS

EASTERN | WESTERN
(1) ATL  93 (0) | (1) GSW 111 (0)
(8) MIL 106 (1) | (8) LAC 116 (1)

(4) IND 114 (1) | (4) UTA 112 (1)
(5) TOR  98 (0) | (5) NOP  89 (0)

(3) CHI 124 (1) | (3) DAL 108 (0)
(6) NYK 122 (0) | (6) DEN 112 (1)

(2) MIA 114 (1) | (2) SAC  99 (1) 
(7) CHA 101 (0) | (7) POR  85 (0)
Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
PLAYOFFS 2022
The Knicks held the Bulls to a mere 39 first half points and then fended off a furious late game charge to defeat the Bulls 107-105 and tie the series at a game a piece. Kyrie Irving had a game high 46 points and Zach LaVine added another 25 points, but the three other starters, Jimmy Dixon, Rui Hachimura and Derrek Favors could only manage a combined ten points...for the entire game! That is insane that three players who average double digit points per game, could only muster ten total points. What makes this even more incredible, is that despite the three playing 35, 26 and 35 minutes respectively, they only took eight total shots between the three of them. I simply can't explain that...oh wait, Irving took 47 shots on his own...I guess if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

ROUND 1 / GAME 2 (United Center)

NYK | 35 | 19 | 30 | 23 | -- | 107  
CHI | 19 | 20 | 31 | 35 | -- | 105

PLAYOFF RESULTS

EASTERN | WESTERN
(1) ATL 133 (0) | (1) GSW 124 (1)
(8) MIL 138 (2) | (8) LAC 122 (1)

(4) IND 101 (1) | (4) UTA 104 (1)
(5) TOR 112 (1) | (5) NOP 110 (1)

(3) CHI 105 (1) | (3) DAL 106 (1)
(6) NYK 107 (1) | (6) DEN  87 (1)

(2) MIA 122 (2) | (2) SAC 101 (1) 
(7) CHA 104 (0) | (7) POR 107 (1)

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
PLAYOFFS 2022
Kyrie Irving scored 49 points and Coby White scored 16 points in just 14 minutes coming off the bench, to help lead the Bulls past the New York Knicks 123-110. Despite Zach LaVine's wretched night, 1-11 from the field and 0-3 from the three point line, the remaining Bulls starters all scored in the double figures. The Knicks R.J Bennett scored 27 points in defeat. 

In other first round action, the eighth seeded Milwaukee Bucks have stunned the NBA, by taking a commanding 3-0 series lead over the #1 seeded Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks finished the regular season with a league best record of 62-20 and were the odds on favorite to win the NBA crown. However, they are a game away from getting bounced out of the playoffs by a team who finish the season 40-42.   

ROUND 1 / GAME 3 (Madison Square Garden)

CHI | 25 | 29 | 32 | 36 | -- | 123  
NYK | 31 | 24 | 20 | 35 | -- | 110

PLAYOFF RESULTS

EASTERN | WESTERN
(1) ATL 115 (0) | (1) GSW 117 (2)
(8) MIL 121 (3) | (8) LAC 107 (1)

(4) IND 103 (1) | (4) UTA  94 (2)
(5) TOR 108 (2) | (5) NOP  81 (1)

(3) CHI 123 (2) | (3) DAL 128 (2)
(6) NYK 110 (1) | (6) DEN  98 (1)

(2) MIA 103 (2) | (2) SAC  94 (1) 
(7) CHA 110 (1) | (7) POR 108 (2)

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
PLAYOFFS 2022
The Knicks Julius Randle scored a career high 48 points and the series now heads back to Chicago tied at two games a piece, after the Knicks 144-143 home victory. The Bulls played well and all five starters were once again in double figures, but in overtime, R.J. scored twelve of his 30 points and the Knicks outscored the Bulls 22-12 in the extra period. 

In other games, the Atlanta Hawks staved off elimination, defeating the Milwaukee Bucks 118-105. Toronto took a commanding 3-1 lead over the Pacers after their 120-115 victory and Charlotte tied their series with the Heat with a convincing 127-113 win. In the Western Conference, the Warriors, Mavericks and Trailblazers all are a game away from winning their respective series and the Jazz and Pelicans are now tied at two a piece after a close 117-112 victory for New Orleans.

ROUND 1 / GAME 4 (Madison Square Garden)

CHI | 41 | 26 | 22 | 33 | 12 | 134  
NYK | 27 | 25 | 28 | 42 | 22 | 144

PLAYOFF RESULTS

EASTERN | WESTERN
(1) ATL 118 (1) | (1) GSW 115 (3)
(8) MIL 105 (3) | (8) LAC 111 (1)

(4) IND 115 (1) | (4) UTA 112 (2)
(5) TOR 120 (3) | (5) NOP 117 (2)

(3) CHI 134 (2) | (3) DAL 102 (3)
(6) NYK 134 (2) | (6) DEN  94 (1)

(2) MIA 113 (2) | (2) SAC 104 (1) 
(7) CHA 127 (1) | (7) POR 131 (3)

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
PLAYOFFS 2022
The Chicago Bulls held the New York Knicks to 37 second half points and easily won game five to take a 3-2 series lead. Zach LaVine scored 34 points and Kyrie Irving scored 32 points in a Bulls 31 point blowout. The lone bright spot for the Knicks was Serge Ibaka, who scored 19 points coming off the bench. 

In the Western Conference, the Golden State Warriors advanced to the next round after defeating the L.A. Clippers 104-89. They await the winner of the Utah-New Orleans series. Utah leads that series three games to two. Denver and Sacramento both remain alive after their respective victories.

ROUND 1 / GAME 5 (United Center)

NYK | 26 | 30 | 20 | 39 | -- | 115
CHI | 26 | 28 | 19 | 18 | -- | 123  

PLAYOFF RESULTS

EASTERN | WESTERN
(1) ATL 116 (2) | (1) GSW 104 (4)
(8) MIL  87 (3) | (8) LAC  89 (1)

(4) IND 127 (2) | (4) UTA  99 (3)
(5) TOR 120 (3) | (5) NOP  91 (2)

(3) CHI 123 (3) | (3) DAL 109 (3)
(6) NYK  91 (2) | (6) DEN 119 (2)

(2) MIA 101 (3) | (2) SAC 100 (2) 
(7) CHA  85 (2) | (7) POR  92 (3)

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
PLAYOFFS 2022
The Chicago Bulls eliminated the New York Knicks with a 127-115 victory in game six of the series. The Knicks Julius Randle led all scorers with 35 points, but it was Kyrie Irving who was named player of the game after recording his fifteenth double-double of the season, with 35 points and 11 rebounds.  

In other Eastern Conference games, the Alanta Hawks have now won three in a row, after a 126-120 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks. Trailing the series 0-3, the Hawks were all but given up for dead, but Atlanta weren't the best team in the regular season for nothing and the series will be decided in game seven. Charlotte also extended their series to seven games and the Raptors advanced to the second round after defeating the Pacers in an ugly 89-80 win. 

In the Western Conference, the Portland Trailblazers defeated the Sacramento Kings 109-97 to win that series. They await the winner of the Mavericks/Nuggets series, which is headed to a game seven after the Mavericks got taken to the woodshed by the Nuggets 106-78. The Pelicans also extended their series to a game seven, with a 104-97 victory over the Utah Jazz.

ROUND 1 / GAME 6 (Madison Square Garden)

NYK | 26 | 30 | 20 | 39 | -- | 115
CHI | 20 | 34 | 39 | 34 | -- | 127  

PLAYOFF RESULTS

EASTERN | WESTERN
(1) ATL 126 (3) | (1) GSW --- (4)
(8) MIL 120 (3) | (8) LAC --- (1)

(4) IND  80 (2) | (4) UTA  97 (3)
(5) TOR  89 (4) | (5) NOP 104 (3)

(3) CHI 127 (4) | (3) DAL  78 (3)
(6) NYK 115 (2) | (6) DEN 106 (3)

(2) MIA  94 (3) | (2) SAC  97 (2) 
(7) CHA 105 (3) | (7) POR 109 (4)

---------------------

Edited by daltontr

uKt6NPm.jpg
PLAYOFFS 2022
The Atlanta Hawks complete the reverse sweep, defeating the Milwaukee Bucks 99-93 to advance to the second round after being down 0-3 in the series. The #1 seeded Hawks will now face the Toronto Raptors in the next round. The Miami Heat defeated the Charlotte Hornets 140-137 and will now face the Chicago Bulls in the second round. All four of the top seeds advanced in the Eastern Conference.  *Correction, the #5 seed Toronto Raptors defeated the #4 seed Indiana Pacers.

In the Western Conference, the Utah Jazz and Dallas Mavericks will advance to the next round after closing out the Pelicans and Nuggets in their respective series. Utah will now face Golden State and the Mavericks will meet the Trailblazer. Of the top four seeds in the West, only the #2 seeded Kings failed to advance. 

PLAYOFF RESULTS

EASTERN | WESTERN
(1) ATL  99 (4) | (1) GSW --- (4)
(8) MIL  93 (3) | (8) LAC --- (1)

(4) IND --- (2) | (4) UTA 104 (4)
(5) TOR --- (4) | (5) NOP  96 (3)

(3) CHI --- (4) | (3) DAL 100 (4)
(6) NYK --- (2) | (6) DEN  87 (3)

(2) MIA 140 (4) | (2) SAC --- (2) 
(7) CHA 137 (3) | (7) POR --- (4)

---------------------

Edited by daltontr