Yuix

Best gm sports game?

besr sports game  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am looking for game close to FoF which really tries to make simulation, to make some realism, only other game that i played is Football Manager and im playing it for like 15 years and every version is really easy because i figured it all out long time ago, now it looks more arcade game than some realism simulation i even started to hate it after playing FoF, so like my question is is there some lesser known simulation that is really hard to figure out?

I would first ask what type of sports do you like?

There are a lot of good sports management games out there.

If you really want to get an in-depth manager sim where you handle the day to day actual management part of running a team and don't care what the sport is then you can't go wrong with the Football manager games. I'm playing FM2020 and its real good.

Theres a bunch of games out there that provide a good representation so pretty much I would suggest that you just pick one based on wheter you like the sport it is based on...

Another one worthy of mention is Front Office Football 7 & 8, they are really good football sims, you should check them out if you care primarily about the franchise building and management aspects, rather than fast paced fun from FIFA, 2K and Madden, where the management aspect is much more shallow.

I'm principally a fan of American football, and for GM duties, I think Front Office Football is the best out there. Not flashy graphics, not a really great "sim the current world" game, but for making decisions under a salary cap and drafting/developing players, it's unmatched IMO.

I have gotten great fun from my times playing the various Football Manager games, too. I don't know very much about soccer, but I still enjoy that game - its depth is miles ahead of anything else out there.

Ā 

Just joined here after learning that Front Page Sports 98 can actually be played on windows 10.Ā  I did get it to work after dusting off my cd and it all goes fine until you start up a game then it crashes so I'd pretty much given up on it at that point.Ā  Anyway I voted for OOTP.Ā  Ā For me FM has lost its way a bit. It has become a bit of a chore to play and is beginning to feel like a full time job in the last 3-4 versions rather than a game. It takes far too long now to play out a season and I find the whole dressing room dynamic a bit farcical.Ā  The half time team talks seem to have way too much of an effect too.Ā 

Madden NFL Manager. I also like pretty much all EA Sports game manager modes, some can be more in depth than other, all are funĀ 

Football Manager has been my go to since the mid 90's when it was Championship Manager.Ā  I've played every version that Steam has put up and every year I have a million stories to tell - and even better, it exploded my knowledge within the sport itself - so much so that I will see a young player get bought by the big clubs and I get excited for him - because I scouted him and made him a star at Derby County the year before in-game.Ā  I would love to know of other sports sims that deliver like that - because I'd be in!

For me, it has been Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) since v.4 (circa 2002/2003).Ā  It is a great game that just seems to get better and better each year. While not on the same polished level and extreme detail, I've also been playing a lot of Bowl Bound College Football (BBCF) and having a lot of fun. I dabbled with the Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball demo and really enjoyed it, but just hard to devote time to it at the cost of OOTP and BBCF.

CH9

11 hours ago, Gabe778 said:

pigskin empire on the internet, which is a free to play online game, is probably one of the deepest games I have played.

I would cover their game on our main site but I can't even extract screenshots anywhere. It's not marketed very well is it?

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | redditĀ |Ā twitch

Pigskin Empire is a straight up scam.Ā  Don't waste your time or money.Ā  OOTP is by far the best for baseball. Front Office Football for football. Wolverine Studios has a product for basketball.Ā  IĀ  wasn't a fan of their football products though

Can't go wrong with Football Manager. Really gives you the feeling of managing a club from top to bottom. Feels alive with all of the interactive discussions with players, media, the board. Keeps getting better and better.

Ā 

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now