zinnyzxx

Season 6 Chat

So far Buzzer hasn't gained the same traction as Cage for game world communication but hopefully it'll start to turn.

I'm back up in the GHL now. Coming out of my four season rebuild and hopefully ready to compete. I've got my stretch goal for this season being the playoffs but with such a young roster I don't think it's out of the question that my team under performs to my expectations. 

I've got the core of my team constructed now. When the new season starts I'll have nine players below the age of 22 that are over 87 overall, four of which are above 90 overall. I'll be looking to fill out the edges of my roster in free agency and then continue to build through the draft over the next few seasons to hopefully build a roster that can consistently contend for a title. 

7 hours ago, Wick Schozen said:

So far Buzzer hasn't gained the same traction as Cage for game world communication but hopefully it'll start to turn.

I'm back up in the GHL now. Coming out of my four season rebuild and hopefully ready to compete. I've got my stretch goal for this season being the playoffs but with such a young roster I don't think it's out of the question that my team under performs to my expectations. 

I've got the core of my team constructed now. When the new season starts I'll have nine players below the age of 22 that are over 87 overall, four of which are above 90 overall. I'll be looking to fill out the edges of my roster in free agency and then continue to build through the draft over the next few seasons to hopefully build a roster that can consistently contend for a title. 

How in the world did you get that many highly skilled young players without being in the GHL. SHL drafts haven't gotten me much, and even my 2nd round GHL picks aren't over low 80s. 

13 hours ago, Wick Schozen said:

I am looking forward to facing your team, Wick. Following a similar template to yours (though with comparatively inferior players so far). Well done on assembling an impressive young squad, topped by Pattenaude falling to you this season. 

That said, my core took me straight to the GHL from the LIHL, with 4 straight seasons of finishing 1st, so I have plenty of confidence in staying competitive - especially after pulling in my new franchise G in Alenin.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:28 AM, zinnyzxx said:

How in the world did you get that many highly skilled young players without being in the GHL. SHL drafts haven't gotten me much, and even my 2nd round GHL picks aren't over low 80s. 

Started my rebuild in the GHL, demoting and promoting twice while amassing assets. I brainstormed a couple different ways I could rebuild or reconstruct the team when I came back to the game in season two. My impression was that if I was patient enough and executed it properly a four season rebuild was the way to go. Ended up with two first overall picks from promoting and in trading away all my GHL picks I managed to accumulate about 25 draft picks over the four drafts. 

On 11/29/2019 at 1:20 PM, AlexanderRasputin said:

I am looking forward to facing your team, Wick. Following a similar template to yours (though with comparatively inferior players so far). Well done on assembling an impressive young squad, topped by Pattenaude falling to you this season. 

That said, my core took me straight to the GHL from the LIHL, with 4 straight seasons of finishing 1st, so I have plenty of confidence in staying competitive - especially after pulling in my new franchise G in Alenin.

I honestly have far more respect and impressed by the feat of bringing up a team from the LIHL to the GHL in five seasons than I do the rebuild I did over the last four. Any manager can amass assets, pulling it off requires hitting on your picks but if you put any good measure of time into scouting you can likely do that. It's a whole other level of managing to continually promote season after season, hats off to you Alex.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:58 AM, Wick Schozen said:

I honestly have far more respect and impressed by the feat of bringing up a team from the LIHL to the GHL in five seasons than I do the rebuild I did over the last four. Any manager can amass assets, pulling it off requires hitting on your picks but if you put any good measure of time into scouting you can likely do that. It's a whole other level of managing to continually promote season after season, hats off to you Alex.

Thanks for the compliment. It's been the most fun I've had in GPHM so far. As always, some luck with signings played a role, but promoting every season was my goal and I set my team up for that from the beginning. Complicated challenge - I had a goal of acquiring two lines of players that could move with me into every higher division, drafting well was essential too. Personally reaching out to and negotiating with other managers for assets was key - still sadly an under-utilized part of this game.

Happy to answer any relevant questions. Basically, the most hands-on and rewarding manager experience possible in GPHM - I highly recommend going through it. 

Just over 10 games into the season and I'm pretty happy with how my team is performing in the GHL so far.

I've had to do a little bit of juggling while trying to find a suitable left winger for my top line. Besides that my center depth is looking strong and my top 6 is driving the bus offensively.

Biggest signs of youth with my team is coming on the backend with my D-core. Performance wise I only have two defenseman in the green. I've got a very curious case in my defenseman Cussons. He's been my lowest rated defenseman the last three seasons (currently only 82 overall) but has been consistently one of my best performing defenseman. He was absurdly almost a point a game defenseman in his 20 game GHL stint at the end of season 4 when my team was last place in the GHL, then put up 60 points in 80 games in the SHL last season. He's currently playing at a 75 performance rating in the GHL. I don't think I've ever had a player like him in that he's so average ability wise but performs so well.

How's it going for everyone else?

Buzzer GHL is different from Cage - considerably more parity between teams. It's a good challenge.

My team is performing as expected, about .500. In unfamiliar territory, since I usually build from the front, but because of the FA availability and successful signings after promotion, my defence is very strong. My forward line...not so much - essentially being carried by Weichert, who has been my star player since BHL. I've had discussions on acquiring a top 6 C, which is my main gap, and have a few options there. I have plenty of pieces available after Trade Lock in 2 days, so a trade that benefits both sides is absolutely possible.

After that, we will see. I am confident this squad has a high ceiling, but the revamp after promotion has been total - so it will take until mid-season to find the right combinations and good performers. But - that's the fun part 😎.

5 hours ago, Wick Schozen said:

Biggest signs of youth with my team is coming on the backend with my D-core. Performance wise I only have two defenseman in the green. I've got a very curious case in my defenseman Cussons. He's been my lowest rated defenseman the last three seasons (currently only 82 overall) but has been consistently one of my best performing defenseman. He was absurdly almost a point a game defenseman in his 20 game GHL stint at the end of season 4 when my team was last place in the GHL, then put up 60 points in 80 games in the SHL last season. He's currently playing at a 75 performance rating in the GHL. I don't think I've ever had a player like him in that he's so average ability wise but performs so well.

I have two similar edge cases on my Cage GHL team - Litvinchuk (81 OVR FW), and Jurak (83 OVR D). Both have been mainstays on my team for two seasons now, and Jurak in particular has been incredibly consistent and has successful stints on the top pairing often. They do have min-maxed stats though - 99 skating/94 physical for Jurak, and 93 skating/99 shooting/96 physical for Litvinchuk. I consider both indispensable parts of my team and they are never leaving. Having players like that is a crucial team-building element, imho.

Yeah there is a definite issue with the development screen. The career graphs a really messed up as well. I didn't even both scouting last seasons draft since there was no accurate data for their age 15 season. This happened in the last version as well and Anders never really got on top of it. 

Hello everyone! i got the free 90 day email so i jumped back in. Didn't really want to leave but making the monthly payment just got to be too big of a hassle. living in the USA, i would have to alert my bank before each payment came out (alot of hassle for a $2 payment). i went out of town for a couple of weeks and that was that. Anywho's it's good to be back. Lets get after it!

On 12/19/2019 at 2:09 AM, Smashvilles4Realz said:

We are the New Hartford Whalers in the SHL. Trying to set my signature up but it's trickier than i remember.

When you edit profile and you goto signature, there is a button there called source. Click that, then paste the code and save. Thanks

General Manager (GM) Games

email [email protected]
website | discord | youtube | reddit

How'd the season turn out for you guys? 

My goal was to make the playoffs this first season in the GHL. Finished 6th so I've got a first round matchup against Hazard Blizzard. Went 2-1-0-1 against them on the season, but he added Keller from Natashquan on the backend so it's going to be competitive. Regardless of how this season turns out it'll be good playoff experience for my young roster. Hoping that is actually a factor and not just something we've all just convinced ourselves of otherwise it's probably better to land outside the playoffs unless you have an actual chance of winning... That's a discussion for another day though, how was everyone's season? 

He Wick, so far very interesting playoff for us - we are 2-0, but first one was so tight and in second game, I was lucky to get points from my top players and my goalie performed like a Vezina candidate as you overshoot me quite by a margin.

Your young team is really impressive. So far the acquisition of Keller paid off. His numbers with my team are insane (not just points, but also corsi etc.) 

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now