Sign in to follow this  
Peekaboo

Trading with CPU

Whoa, I just witnessed some crazy shit on Attack.

A computer team with 18 years old defender that is rated 94 gets promoted to GHL. The team doesn't sign anything in first few days of silly season.

So, a guy makes trade with a computer team, sending few 85-86 rated players and some silly 20 years old worth nothing and 2nd pick for player like that. Do I need to say that FA is still filled with tons of players better then the computer team got for the 94 rated 18 years old guy.

I know I am ranting, but bad programming like this and general non responsivnes of owners will make me quit soon, its just stupid and broken.

Yeah, I'm surprised that player wasn't "untouchable".  I've been back and forth on CPU trading.  I would lean toward banning it, but that also has it's disadvantages.  At the very least, you shouldn't be allowed to snipe a 18 or 19 y/o prospect or draft picks.  Sometimes I'll trade with CPU teams who are getting relegated to try and give them a little something for a player they would lose anyways.  But in this example, I agree.  Why would anyone try to rip an 18 y/o 94 overall?  The fair return on that would be something like 2 GHL 1st round picks + a couple of 87-89 rated players.

This was a hot topic a year ago.  Now I just try to ignore what other managers do as it's not worth the frustration.  In the end, it's just a game.  It's fun to beat stacked teams like that anyways... and if they win the GHL Cup, you can always just say "cool, now try doing that without ripping off CPU teams".  LOL

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Spot on.

I am looking what are people doing to computer teams on Attack, its hilarious. But yes, I am game.

Having said that, if you want fair and decent game, they need to fix computer "logic" asap.

Cmon Anders, wake up mate.

Its not just that. I can write an essay what happens on Attack and why its wrong. And will do it when I sit at the comp.

For what it's worth, and I've always said this... some manager to manager trades are just as bad.  I've seen some in Cage that are worse than the trade you mention above.

Its not about managers, its about bad CPU logic that allows bad moves to happen. Resulting in broken league and the game. I will give you my thole explanation as soon as I sit at my comp.

Yeah, I don't mean to take away from the main point of the thread as I agree with you.  I'm not sure what the solution is, but updating some of the logic will sure help.

My point is that even if the CPU logic is updated, bad moves will still happen.  Other managers will still find ways to rip off less experienced or less active managers.  Bad trading isn't limited to computer trades.  But I'm not suggesting to not fix it - just pointing out that it will still exist in other forms.

Yeah, all fair points and I agree. But CPU trading is part of the game coding and there is no direct human factor. Well, there is, but from one side. But my point is, it can and should be fixed...

What happens on Attack? Oh, and before some managers jump on this, I am not pointing at them. Just giving an example. If you check GHL, there is like 10 vacant teams, all are stacked with 32+ players that have/had some value. Its probably all from trades with human managers.

This season, my first GHL one, I already saw 2 trades for SHL picks (also, talents are just great, 2 years in a row, some first liners right away), and for 0 value!!! One SHL pick for 19 years old 80 rated player and other was something similer, basically not even improvement to current SHL team. Also, people are all after 18 years olds from last season draft. There are some 88, 89 rated top players. The example is 94 guy whom I already posted in my first post. So, what is the problem?

Promoted SHL computer teams DO NOTHING at the market. At the same time, they accept trades for 85-86 rated players, since they are improvement on their team, but there are like 100 available free agents like that? That needs to be fixed right away. Right now Attack GHL is in huge mess.

What I realised now that people are making trades shifting even crappier players for players like 80 rated 18 years olds, that have "green" excellent trade value, then using them to get SHL picks / or the draftees from season before. Ofc, with some other players, but purposly signed from FA for that.

Yes, its all legit and noone is breaking rules and cheating, but as long as CPU trading isn't fixed, the game is flawed.

Cage GHL is good so far, since its most active and people are really watching what is going on.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this