Sign in to follow this  
bhurst99

Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

Champions League Final Group Standings

eurochampionsleague_zpscaee3156.png

The third place teams in the Champions League are dropped into the third round of the Europa League. I might face one of them in the next round.

Tough luck for Arsenal and Juventus who couldn't make the next round of the Champions League.

liverpoolstandings17_zpsd7a23b6e.jpg

That opening day loss to West Brom is going to haunt me all season. I think about it whenever I look at the table.

Manchester United has only allowed eight goals in 16 games. Tough to match that.

liverafter17assaidi_zps1055a16c.jpg

With Suarez absolutely on fire, I didn't realize how well Assaidi was playing. He has been pretty good which explains why we lead the league in goals.

Since we're at the halfway point of the season, I thought I would take a look around the league and Europe. First a look at the leaders in the Premier League.

premierleadersafter19_zpscb282d8e.png

Suarez is having a season for the ages. Gerrard still among the best in assists and even Reina is among the top five in clean sheets.

A look around Europe at the halfway point of the Premier League:

spainhalf_zps6f532d09.png

Barcelona already nine points behind. Surprised how well Valencia is playing.

italyhalf_zps15225939.png

No title this year for Juventus. They're well back. Udinese is a shocker.

germanyhalf_zps1ffde80c.png

Continuing with my mid-season look at the team and the soccer world, here's everyone who has scored this season for Liverpool

liverpoolgoalleadershalf_zps28a91fd7.png

Hmm, I guess I should get Sterling into another game after he scored a hat trick in the only Premier League game has played. Abdellaoue has been invisible since early in the season when he scored his four goals.

Since I've already talked about Suarez enough this season, let's look at two young upcoming strikers, Borini and Assaidi.

liverpoolstrikersimprove_zpsf2e2d4a4.png

Both are improving quite nicely. Assaidi's overall rating has jumped three points. We're going to be set for the future.

On the negative side of things, Gerrard and Cole, are seeing their ratings tumble.

liverpooldeclining_zpsd316f3a8.png

Despite the decline, Gerrard is still have a wonderful season. But Cole has been brutal and will be transfer listed. Most of the 12 Premier League games he has played in have been as a substitute but that's little excuse.

We may need midfield help. We do have more young talent on defense and up front.

liverpoolyoung_zps6286cac5.png

I've barely played Coates and Pacheco so I'm surprised at the jump in their ratings.

january2013_zps3161ad89.png

We're on a pretty easy stretch of games right now but that's going to change starting Jan. 13 when we play top of the table Manchester United. We're going to see if we're a serious contender for the title or just a pretender. United trounced us 4-0 earlier this season.

We end the month with games against Manchester City on Jan. 26 and Arsenal on Jan. 29.

Look for a lot of reserves to find the pitch for our first F.A. Cup game on Jan. 5.

Since it's January, you know what that means:

transferopen_zps983efb63.png

We'll have to take a look at what we have in the budget.

Well, it turns out we have pretty much nothing left in the budget.

liverbudgetleft_zps441112c0.png

$1 million isn\'t going to get me anything worthwhile. We\'ll have to sell some players to get some transfer funds.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this