Sign in to follow this  
bhurst99

Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

liverrolandobefore3rdgame.png

Whoa. Whoa. I wasn't expecting this when I signed Rolando. Move away from the ledge, Skrtel, you're still one of our starters.

(That's a terrible picture of Skrtel. If I saw him an alley, I would run the other way screaming like a girl).

Both Rolando and Skrtel will play in our final pre-season match against Marseille. But we're mostly going to be using reserves for our final game to drum up some interest in those players for loans.

Liverpool vs Marseille, Exhibition Game Three

livermarseilleintro.png

As you can see, I am playing a lot of reserves in our final pre-season match.

[video=youtube;Vy062UNQTTI]

liverpoolinjury.png

Yes, I like being coy with the media.

But you faithful reader I will tell the truth: The season doesn't start for another two weeks so Gerrard should be good to go for our opening game against West Brom.

liverpoolloaned.png

We had some good success loaning out our teenagers. Hopefully, they'll get some first team playing time on their teams and return at the end of the season with higher ratings.

liverpoolpredictions.png

I'm surprised at the game's expectations for Liverpool considering they are a mid-table team in real life with mid-table talent.

The Board expects me to finish first and EA Sports is predicting a third-place finish. I think I'd be happy with fourth place and a Champions League spot.

liverpoolpred3rdfix.png

You don't read the words prolificacy and guile in sports stories very often.

Skrtel was worried about being benched in favour of Rolando just days ago now the media pundits say he needs to be a rock. I'm more worried he has the speed of a rock.

I think Tevez has been the biggest transfer of the pre-season so far. I'm actually not a big fan of the pre-season transfers in FIFA since they can be so wild. If I had the option I would probably turn transfers off before the start of the first season as I like to play teams with their real rosters until the January transfer market (Note: I realize you can do this on the PC but I'm playing on XBox 360).

liverpoolprefirstgamescouting2.png

So our Norwegian scout has been busy scouting players for a month. I'm not prepared to sign anyone yet so I've asked my scout to keep following these players. Except for Sean Brislen-Hall. We're just not into players with hyphenated last names.

liverpoolaug.png

It's a pretty tough schedule to start the season

Aug. 18 -- West Brom

Aug. 23 -- Arsenal

Aug. 26 -- Manchester City

We're going to find out what we're made of this month.

liverpoolprefirstgamepreview_zpse265707c.png

The biggest question I have going into this game about our opponents: What in the world is Zoopla, the sponsor on West Brom's kits?

Okay, I looked it up and apparently Zoopla is a UK web site for searching properties. It almost sounds like one of those fake sponsors you'd see in some sports games.

liverpoolprefirstgamegerrardinjury.png

I told ya Gerrard would be back for the first game. We're not going to "ease" him back in. He'll put on the captain's armband and be in the starting 11.

liverpostfirstgame1.png

Yeah, Gerrard was okay in our opening defeat. I don't know about "master class".

He had an assist and connected on just about every pass he made.

The important thing is that he didn't get injured again.

liverpoolinternational.png

At the start of this dynasty, I mentioned that I wasn't calling this a Liverpool dynasty because I plan on accepting an international job (and also I feared getting fired from my club team).

I would have liked to wait until some countries come calling but the problem with that is World Cup qualifications begin in early September. I don't want to wait until October to accept an international job and then find out I'm already in the hole because the team lost its first two games.

So what I did was I used the points you get in the game to accept the option to accept your home country's job. Is that cheating? Maybe. But you know my rationale.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this