Sign in to follow this  
Robmeister89

Game programming C#

Very excited to see the growth of this! I'm working on an indoor football simulator myself in visual studio (written in c#) but it's not nearly ready to show off lol

If you ever want to bounce some ideas off someone let me know. I would love to talk shop about my work as well.

Thanks and what framework are you using for the GUI part?

It's a Winforms app. I've considered switching over to .Net Core so it can run on Mac as well. Especially since I don't really have a UI I plan to stick with right now (it's mostly just testing screens).

Also, sorry for starting this on your roadmap topic. Maybe we can get this moved to a new topic that's more appropriate?

You seem to have some good UI work right now, not sure you would want to put things on hold to make the switch.

Are you using WPF or Winforms?

There's some things I do in Winforms that would need to be completely rewritten for xaml (UWP also uses xaml) if I do decide to make the switch.. But my game is super early in development that I can afford to switch but it'll definitely put development on hold for a bit.

I am using WPF with firstfloorsoftware modernui since I think it is very easy to create some screens with navigation. And it is very simple to style everything, so far me it is a perfect fit for a simulation game without much graphics on it. 

You say that it is super early in the development so when did you start on the game? We started 3 months ago so every basic stuff has been done, so now it is the complex things we have left 

I started a while back but didn't pick up on it until several months ago with very limited time. I'm a full time student while working a full time job. I put in maybe a few hours into the game weekly, if I'm lucky. It also doesn't help that I don't have another developer to work with. I'm doing this all on my own with very little spare time to work on.

To be a little more clear, I have a simulation engine that needs some work still and a ton of stuff done. What I don't have is a schedule built-in, stat/game tracking, history, etc. yet so it's not necessarily a playable game. I run exhibition matches to test the engine.

We know exactly how you fell, and our biggest issue is that we don't have all the knowledge of how all the aspects around a college team are. Things like depth charts, scheduling, recruiting etc. are all stuff that we need to google before implementing

Yeah, its rough going at this alone but I don't plan on quitting on my game, no matter how long it takes to finish. I'm almost 100% sure you guys will finish yours before I finish mine LOL

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this