Sign in to follow this  
EXXEO

Season 2 General Chat

Breaking News!

“Welcome to Hockey Night here on channel 684, in Blakely. I’m your Host Billy-Bob Bobbs with co-anchor Tina Bertha. We have some breaking news coming from the Black Flag’s stadium “Pandamanium” - It looks like this season is starting out with a pre-season delay due to a beer shortage!”

“This is a tragic scene Bobbs. Concessions stands are being raided and at least 5 servers walking the stairs have already died due to head trauma from ‘accidental falls’.”

“It sure is Bertha, how are we supposed to watch a game without some ale?!”

“Firefighters are on the scene fighting the blazes on the south end but we have seen some semis from Beerfilder heading North on I-75 towards the stadium.”

“Hopefully we can get this delay worked out as there is only 1 ref still alive and we would love to see a game sometime tonight!”

“You betcha Tina - let’s get those taps open! Have a great night everyone and remember, ‘when you need hockey news we’re the only ones in the 600s that’s still broadcasting at 3AM!’ Go get em Black Flag!”

so as a heads up, anyone looking in transactions might see me having traded the same players, multiple times, to different teams, for no one in return... yeah i was curious about trading for untouchable players and didnt know what if anything would make them go through. so... yeah... sorry and my bad for any confusion

okay i am probably very wrong here, but there is an off chane that trade locks might not matter as much as i thought, they don't act the same as untouchables

So... who are contenders this year? :)

Hawks, Leopards, Cats, Prairie Stars.

As of right now, everyone!

My favorites this season would be Union, Cats & Tide out of the East - and Hawks, Prairie & Ricochet out of the West.

Don't let the power rankings deceive you, the Def Leppards have some internal struggles we are dealing with (both tactically and personnel-wise).  We may or may not turn it around by end of season.

Dark horse:  Enigma Rage.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Look good to me as well, not too many of those colour schemes around. Why North Haven?

I guess a nod to Jon Snow / The Starks - during this process I changed the Black Flag to the Blackbirds (crow) but there were no real good looking crow mascots so I opted to keep the Black Flag. The Wolf is also associated with that but I would have loved to have named the team the Ghosts or Dire Wolves but Arctic Wolves is close enough ;)

As a side note: Articwolves is misspelled and should be two words: Arctic Wolves ;)...good thing we survive with brawn, not brains up in the north - ha!

Both Arcticwolves and Blag Flag jerseys look nice. Pretty unique color combos. It's always been a bit of a problem to not have enough mascots matching team names.

random notes

I just went to convert my draft ratings, i started with searching formulas to replace "New 1" with "New 2" (reading a different page for the new year) it replaced over 9,700 instances... I am thinking this is going to take awhile and i am horribly inefficient

Also I don't think its an option, but the Pittsboro Plastic Attack are now unofficially known as the (ecofriendly?) Trash

Cats are having the worst cup hangover, playoff MVP Wright decided to extend his summer vacation by 17 days, and the offense is unable to put together more than two goals per game.

Oh well, maybe it's just a page out of St.Louis' playbook on how to handle the regular season.

Had a match a few days back where I outshot the opponent 41-18. Lost 4-5. I think the opposing team was using one of those equilibrium devices that totally jacked up both my goalies. Both played like trash.

Opposing goalies are kicking our a$$.

Paturel (Vauban)... 2 GA .931

Lang (Cedar)... 1 GA .950

Real (Mt Airy)... 1 GA .967

Matheson (Bodmin) Shutout

Cutter (Kegashka)... 1 GA .968

Offensive tactic is a few games into Blue familiarity, boys need to stop making excuses.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Urgh, didn't have time to analyze my entire team today, so default lineups (D at forward position, etc...).

Lost SO in my first game back :(

Big win today over the Praire Stars! Phillipe "Big Bill" Haywood is now averaging a .943 save percentage with three shutouts (including today).

"So, GM Erzac, how do you feel about your team's current performance?"

ha!  Yeah, I've been on RL vacation for a few weeks so not very active here, but have been wanting to ask you what is different this season?!?!  Plenty of time to turn it around, trust me!

ha!  Yeah, I've been on RL vacation for a few weeks so not very active here, but have been wanting to ask you what is different this season?!?!  Plenty of time to turn it around, trust me!

Welp, the biggest issue I suppose is my starter getting injured for 17 days. And my backup... at this point I can only assume he has misunderstood the term "goaltending" as guiding pucks into his own net.

Even still, I feel I'm having a streak of bad luck on top of that. After the injury, riding the backup, the team has gone 2-0-4-9. Wright is a big factor in the team, sure, but there should be enough quality in the team to pull off a (much) better record than that even when he's out.

But I still have my mind set on another cup run - will be all the more satisfying after climbing from the bottom of the standings.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this