MattBerserkers

Cage trash talk

Others strenghtened their teams? 

I guess that much be it, but didn't think that much.  Oh well, looking forward to having my team play SHL level teams which seems to be where they are at, haha.

Good luck :)

I decided to have a strategy to give away all my picks and players in first 3 seasons to build a young core of elite players. So far its looking good. Not sure how much pick is worth anyways if you are in upper part of the table.

Now I can play at least next 6-7 seasons with a contender team and gather new talent in the process.

Only thing that needs to be adressed is a goalie situation. I do hope to get a season or two from Real, as he is enthusiastic and lets hope he won't retire yet :)

Even managed to make a little bit of cap, to get possibly another good player next FA season.

3W - 6L in shootouts this season.  1 goal on my last 10 attempts.  Awful.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Alright, time to start doing my draft research for this season.  It looks like I will actually get a good pick this season with my own pick.

6 hours ago, Gammgubben said:

I´m Back for more punishment from Paul T,Wendel Clark,Richard Feynman,Kim Vandaele and all others in the league.
Lets get ready to rumble :)

Welcome back, Tobbe!

The Stealheads are skidding and tumbling into the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive season.  Congrats to whichever team gets to face this ball-less team in round 1 and good luck in round 2 😆

41 minutes ago, Paul T said:

The Stealheads are skidding and tumbling into the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive season.  Congrats to whichever team gets to face this ball-less team in round 1 and good luck in round 2 😆

There are very clearly teams who slow down before the playoffs and teams who get hot at the right time, just like in real life. As usual, the why is a mystery)). Good luck, Paul.

As last seasons playoffs showed, anything can happen. In terms of playoff rankings it is now official that my team will be the 1st seed in the East. I'm a bit shocked to say the least. I was expecting a middle seed at best . Especially with a number of teams got notably better.

2 hours ago, rainsilent said:

As last seasons playoffs showed, anything can happen. In terms of playoff rankings it is now official that my team will be the 1st seed in the East. I'm a bit shocked to say the least. I was expecting a middle seed at best . Especially with a number of teams got notably better.

It's crazy how accurate Erzac's preseason power rankings were this season.  Ironically, with the exception of his team and yours, who seemed to swap places.  At least in the East.  I'll start caring about the West when their managers start participating in the forums/chats... and win a title. Until then, the West can shove it 😜

On 12/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, Gammgubben said:

I´m Back for more punishment from Paul T,Wendel Clark,Richard Feynman,Kim Vandaele and all others in the league.
Lets get ready to rumble :)

I'm watching the forum once in a while but didn't check my team for 3 weeks. I won't continue playing. Too much changes that killed it for me and rarely some trade activity. Good luck!

Hey Kim,

I understand you totally. I would suggest that you stay for next update at least, where there will be more micromanagment. I am all for more activity on forums/chat, but that should be integrated in game better.

Speaking of season, Paul, there is still open race for top point player. DeNobile vs Andersen. Lets see what happens today, funny how regular season ends on new year's eve :)

2 hours ago, Peekaboo said:

Hey Kim,

I understand you totally. I would suggest that you stay for next update at least, where there will be more micromanagment. I am all for more activity on forums/chat, but that should be integrated in game better.

Speaking of season, Paul, there is still open race for top point player. DeNobile vs Andersen. Lets see what happens today, funny how regular season ends on new year's eve :)

Agree about Kim.  If he sticks it out another 3-4 seasons he will start racking up the championships and dominating like he used to do in Biscuit. 😉

And I just realized the scoring race last week.  It's weird seeing one of my players at the top of the league... I usually have more balanced contributions.  I actually tried to acquire Dag in season 1.  He's a good player.

23 hours ago, Paul T said:

Good series @Peekaboo

Good luck in round 2.

The SHL-GHL transition is so hard. I haven't touched the team I got from the GHL scratch as I didn't have to and there was not si many options for interesting trades... and I'm always second in West. So I get the frustration from Kim. This is the biggest issue on this release I think. In Buzzer I managed to get to GHL from CHL and stick there, but it was extremely hard and there was more FA option there than what is here... 

So, I managed to get a team I didn't want at all in the first round. Stealheads playstyle doesn't fit me at all and I am always on losing end against Paul. I prefer some others then him better, but it is what it is.

One thing that I noticed doing some scouting is... whats with your powerplay? 16% this season and 18% last season. Way too low compared to the players you probably mount on the first unit.

You can say what you want, but I would give us 50-50 odds and if I have to chose I would say your team has the edge. I don't have goalie that can carry me like last year and looking at rest of the players, we are similar in quality.

14 hours ago, Peekaboo said:

So, I managed to get a team I didn't want at all in the first round. Stealheads playstyle doesn't fit me at all and I am always on losing end against Paul. I prefer some others then him better, but it is what it is.

One thing that I noticed doing some scouting is... whats with your powerplay? 16% this season and 18% last season. Way too low compared to the players you probably mount on the first unit.

You can say what you want, but I would give us 50-50 odds and if I have to chose I would say your team has the edge. I don't have goalie that can carry me like last year and looking at rest of the players, we are similar in quality.

Consider my poor powerplay another mystery.  For as long as I've been playing, my powerplay has sucked.  I'll try to refrain from writing another novel, but there's a few reasons for that.  First, I like to stack my PK first, then PP.  I don't like to overplay players.  Second, I've never really focused on how to fix it, but did recently change my tactic this season and PP, and more scoring in general, will be my goal for future seasons.  Ironically enough, my powerplay isn't just terrible... I allow a TON of SHG too.  But I agree, with the players I have it should be much better.

I would also say our series is 50/50.  I'm just not overly confident in a team that consistently chokes - and my goalie has been absolutely awful all season, despite being great the season before.  He's also already tired even with a day off, so you may likely see my backup once or twice... and/or an exhausted Amick.

Thanks for the compliment though... I was trying to avoid you as well.

Yeah, that overplaying is something I need to test and give more thought.

I am trying to figure out kinda lowish number of points that Breton produces. In general, but this season especially. I am playing him on on both 1st units and on my first line. He is over 20 minutes per game.

Now, his fitness bar never goes out of green, but I really wonder if he scores less points due to fatigue in game. Arnesen got 20 points more then him and McGraw 10 more this season.

I am playing Arnesen only on my PP unit. Could it be that Breton numbers are that lower because of his involvment on pk unit as well? I guess I will adress that next season and try to get some answers, if possible.

2 hours ago, Peekaboo said:

Yeah, that overplaying is something I need to test and give more thought.

I am trying to figure out kinda lowish number of points that Breton produces. In general, but this season especially. I am playing him on on both 1st units and on my first line. He is over 20 minutes per game.

Now, his fitness bar never goes out of green, but I really wonder if he scores less points due to fatigue in game. Arnesen got 20 points more then him and McGraw 10 more this season.

I am playing Arnesen only on my PP unit. Could it be that Breton numbers are that lower because of his involvment on pk unit as well? I guess I will adress that next season and try to get some answers, if possible.

If the assistant in the game reports isn't mentioning fatigue as a problem it isn't the problem. Personally I think the scoring at the GHL level is down a bit much. The best scorers struggle to reach a point a game pace here whereas at the NHL level you have Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, et cetera with regularity above that. Personally I wouldn't be too worried about his perceived down scoring stats. Granted this game doesn't have to strictly follow the NHL patterns of scoring. I just think it should be within the realm of possibility to see the best offensive players beat a point a game nearly every season. Currently it is a significant achievement to get a point a game by the end of the season.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now