Sign in to follow this  
Peekaboo

What are your teams like?

I took both in GHL, one on Buzzer and one on Cage. First thing that comes to mind is that one is way better then the other. I guess thats fine, will be intresting to see how they will perform (probably the crappy one will be way better, thats how usually those things turn out :)

Anyways... here is breakdown trough the lines...

91-92-88

84-87-86

81-88-82

84-83-80

87-88

84-91

83-82

while the other is not so good:

81-86-90

84-82-83

86-86-81

84-83-81

90-86

89-85

84-83

I know that there is much more then just ratings, but still... Anyways, what are your teams like? I saw some really strong ones.

Sorry for spam, just bored at work :D

I'm hoping my top four D can hide the fact that my goalie situation is rough compared to other GHL teams. Not expecting glory this year but if I scrape by not being relegated I'll be happy.

90-89-88

86-87-82

83-83-83

80-83-81

90-89

87-87

83-81

73 Prospect

Before free agency:

90 - 88 - 87

85 - 87 - 84

83 - 85 - 81

80 - 84 - 83*  *actually a C, but my best forward would otherwise be 80

91 - 88

85 - 85

84 - 83

It was pretty much a bottom tier team; and many of the better players are 33+.

After day 1 of free agency:

90 - 91 - 87

85 - 88 - 84

83 - 87 - 81

84* - 85* -  83    *currently scratched players that I will unscratching depending on what happens

93 - 91

88 - 88

85 - 85*    *Trying to move this guy and some other similarly rated D men as I have extra

I had 20m cap space before waiving and scratching any players which gave me some solid room to bid on players. I also got lucky as the two best free agency I acquired are 21, however most of them are 33+. My defense is absolutely insane and I am hoping that my goalie weakness won't be noticeable. Hopefully I can make some moves for some forwards just to round out my line-up. All-in-all my fortunate free agency has switched my team from a bottom feeder to a top contender. 

Did you overpay alot? I take it since we all start with similar (actually same) reputation, the highest bidder wins?

I didn't manage to land a single free agent so far, heh

Yup, I had the cap room from starting with a bad team and because I knew that everybody needs or wants the same players, I wasn't afraid to offer an extra mil for the best players The younger guys I imagine will grow into their salary and the older vets should have their contracts expiring by the time I'm guessing they decline.

I had 20m cap space before waiving and scratching any players which gave me some solid room to bid on players. I also got lucky as the two best free agency I acquired are 21, however most of them are 33+. My defense is absolutely insane and I am hoping that my goalie weakness won't be noticeable. Hopefully I can make some moves for some forwards just to round out my line-up. All-in-all my fortunate free agency has switched my team from a bottom feeder to a top contender. 

Piercy was a great pick up.  I had a bid similar to yours (might have been exact) then canceled it last minute so I could bid on 2 other players.

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Matt you had maybe a slightly below average team.

90-87-86

85-86-82

81-84-82

81*-84-80

91-88

84-87

85-82

*- a defenseman.

I have 1 forward that I sent down to make cap space for potential FA moves. 83 overall and would go on the 3rd line.

Somehow this wasn't the worst GHL team but was easily one of. The thing that annoyed me about this team though was the number of bad contracts I got left with relative for a bad team. Also the players that Matt got I offered about half a million less which was still more than what they were asking for. Matt also offered more years too.

My team, Pullman T-Birds, in LIHL of Cage is at best below average. I'm looking forward to the challenge. It would help if I had a subscription so I could sign some better players but I'll be subscribing soon, I hope.

The team is a three-man show. The trio of Cline © - Murray (D) - Wright (G) should be something to watch.

87-96-85

84-85-84

81-86-84

82-85-83

97-87

85-84

82-86

Hoping to still find some depth in FA. As the team currently stands, any injury would hurt a lot. Can't complain with the three superstars though.

The team is a three-man show. The trio of Cline © - Murray (D) - Wright (G) should be something to watch.

87-96-85

84-85-84

81-86-84

82-85-83

97-87

85-84

82-86

Hoping to still find some depth in FA. As the team currently stands, any injury would hurt a lot. Can't complain with the three superstars though.

Oh man, your own of the two teams in Cage GHL I considered to have an insane start. You got 3 of the top 6 players generated and they seemed to max out with 8 Mil salaries which is insane considering 90 overall players ask for 7mil. Not to mention they are all in their prime years! Even your bottom line players are average relative to everybody elses bottom pair.

Oh man, your own of the two teams in Cage GHL I considered to have an insane start. You got 3 of the top 6 players generated and they seemed to max out with 8 Mil salaries which is insane considering 90 overall players ask for 7mil. Not to mention they are all in their prime years! Even your bottom line players are average relative to everybody elses bottom pair.

Yeah, my only concern is the defence, which averages out with a rather low OVR even with the 97. Without Murray the D is just weak.

Bermuda Nighthawks (Attack)

Forwards

89-91-90

88-89-88

86-88-88

83-85-85

Defense

95-87

89-87

88-87

Goalies

I feel stacked, but I guess we will see how the season plays out.

This team is crazy :)

Before free agency:

90 - 88 - 87

85 - 87 - 84

83 - 85 - 81

80 - 84 - 83*  *actually a C, but my best forward would otherwise be 80

91 - 88

85 - 85

84 - 83

It was pretty much a bottom tier team; and many of the better players are 33+.

After day 1 of free agency:

90 - 91 - 87

85 - 88 - 84

83 - 87 - 81

84* - 85* -  83    *currently scratched players that I will unscratching depending on what happens

93 - 91

88 - 88

85 - 85*    *Trying to move this guy and some other similarly rated D men as I have extra

Wow, this team is jacked.  My team is closer to your "before" team, but a couple tweaks with FA and actually waivers, I hope!, that I never even once tried to use in GPHM 1.0!?!  I think most teams are pretty equal and I like that at this stage.  But man oh man, the goalie situation is going to be interesting for a few seasons.

After a number of signings and a trade my team now looks like this.

90-93-86

83-87-82

85-84-87

81-86-83

89-88

88-87

88-85

Before and after really changed the complexion of the team.

I knew you'd be scary. I'm glad that I'm in the western conference, it's looking a bit weaker than the east. I think we are both trying to find the same type of player to finish off our teams, may the best manager win!

Nice defense :D

Also, noticed that many are gambling with goalies... including myself. I wonder how will that turn out :)

Thanks Matt and peekaboo.

As for goalies mine is young and may grow and the best goalie not on a human team was only one overall higher and wasn't actually better. The goalie market was rather thin as a result.

Overall doesn't really tell the whole story... some of these players are rated low in attributes that would fit my tactics better.  But anyways...

93 - 94 - 88

89 - 89 - 92

86 - 89 - 85

81 - 83 - 83

93 - 86

87 - 85

85 - 83

Numbers in red are players I acquired.  I started with two 82s in goal and like 4M in cap space so I've had to get creative.  My Centers were fortunately stacked for me.

Main concern:  Long term strategy in net.  My 89 goalie is 36 yo.

Minor concern:  My defense could use an upgrade.  (86) 21 yo playing top pair.  (85) 19 year old playing 2nd pair.  Would love to shift them both down a pair, but I'm going to roll with what I have for now/

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Portland looks rough but Medicine Hat is shaping up. Weirdly, Portland's performing better than expected (so far) but it's still early.

Mocha's shooting me all sorts of super helpful trades to keep Medicine Hat afloat. I'm feeling a little more optimistic than I did about my losing start.

I'd post my stats but I'm so lazy, I commend you guys who went through and did that work to lay out your lines... though graphing progress might not be a bad idea.

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this