GamePlanHockey

Game Plan Hockey Manager 2.0 - Release date announced!

Why the subscription. I'm new but that seems unfair to people who don't have money(I get that people may hog teams, but look at certain stats and how often teams are managed)...  People don't want to have to pay to change their teams, that's like if YouTube made you pay to change your info. I feel it's a bit unfair and especially since it would be monthly. I don't have a credit card so i wouldn't even be able to pay and I was looking forward to creating a team and trading with others. I just hope that i'll be able to actually play

We needed to find a way to finance the game and cover our costs. The All Star accounts have been great to get us where we are now, but in order to grow and take the next step we needed to find another way. We don't want a "pay-to-win" where it's free to play but in order to get great you need to buy stuff inside the game. So instead we thought it would be better to get every one full access for a small fee every month. That creates the most fair competition in our opinion.

The restricted trial is only there to let new managers take a look around before making up their mind. It's not meant to be a long term solution on how to play the game.

And we do understand that not all people will like these changes, and we respect that perhaps not everyone have the money to spend, but we also feel that we have put a very reasonable price. For most people it's not much money to spend.

What is considered "fast", "normal", and "slow"?  I'm playing in a 2-games-a-day league-what is that?

Fast - 4 games per day

Normal - 2 games per day

Slow - 1 game per day

Will managers who elect to start with 'Restricted' access be able to sign players through free agency?

So if I am reading this correctly, you will not be able to make any trades at all without a pay subscription account. Is this correct, exactly what options do you have to even build a team or compete on a restricted account? I am a huge fan of the game and it is probably the best hockey manager game out there.

The assistant manager will run player transactions for the team while a manager is on restricted mode. As mentioned above, the restricted mode is only meant to let new users have a look around before making up their mind.

I'm done as well. It's been a nice ride so far. I've lost interest the last 2 seasons. Its probably because the new game was announced way too early and it didn't matter anymore with the current team. We would lose everything and activity was decreasing week after week.

Thanks to Anders, Glawing and the community. Best of luck.

Still looking forward to it!

Love the world name, as well (CAGE).  Great combination of hockey and metal.  A sign from the Gods.  You're all screwed! 

\,,/  (>,

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Are the subscriptions still handled through Patreon?

No, it should be directly credit card, so no more direct taxes like on Patreon. 

Yes that's right, the Patreon site is now closed. All subscriptions will be handled directly in the game. We use well trusted Stripe.com to handle all credit card information and payments. But you will manage your subscription in the game on our website, no need to visit another website.

So, the free league that is below the LIHL - would that be an option for returning managers to initially swing into with the “restricted” play with an option to buy out of it? I’m still not sure I can swing it but if I do decide to stay for the free league I’d like to at least start there.

So, the free league that is below the LIHL - would that be an option for returning managers to initially swing into with the “restricted” play with an option to buy out of it? I’m still not sure I can swing it but if I do decide to stay for the free league I’d like to at least start there.

Actually the free leagues never made into the release. At least not for this first release. The response of the free leagues wasn’t all that great. But perhaps we will include them further down the road.

Yes that's right, the Patreon site is now closed. All subscriptions will be handled directly in the game. We use well trusted Stripe.com to handle all credit card information and payments. But you will manage your subscription in the game on our website, no need to visit another website.

This is excellent. Thank you! :)

yeah unfortunately this looks like my last season as I will not purchase a prepaid card. I had a $200.00 prepaid card which  I only had used $142.00 of For some reason I cant use the remaining $58.00 and mastercard will not help me reinstate the outstanding amount. I too had a Patreon account which was accessed via Paypal.

I'm using a paypal account for Patreon, why is Paypal wrong you get my money, while protecting myself.

I do not have a credit card and prepaid cards give me nothing but problems especially online.

We hope to support PayPal in the future. We just need to start somewhere. Sorry to hear about all the troubles with prepaid cards. Perhaps there are other cards that work better. Have you tried VISA gift cards?

We hope to support PayPal in the future. We just need to start somewhere. Sorry to hear about all the troubles with prepaid cards. Perhaps there are other cards that work better. Have you tried VISA gift cards?

Off topic but why is the game stuck? Day clock has been at 0 for hours and there wasn’t even a game yesterday....

Off topic but why is the game stuck? Day clock has been at 0 for hours and there wasn’t even a game yesterday....

i'm going to go out on a limb and say we are done. I'm in Biscuit and Clapper and they both stopped a couple days ago. i think these servers are all done. Get ready for an eventful weekend in Game Plan Hockey land!

i'm going to go out on a limb and say we are done. I'm in Biscuit and Clapper and they both stopped a couple days ago. i think these servers are all done. Get ready for an eventful weekend in Game Plan Hockey land!

I needed to shut down simulation yesterday in order to reduce load on the servers while setting up the new databases. And after that I thought it was no point in restarting them. However I will keep the current worlds open until the release if someone wants to capture their team data.

Will the managers that can't pay for a subscription have to reregister when they are able to pay for a subscription?

Will the managers that can't pay for a subscription have to reregister when they are able to pay for a subscription?

No, we will keep all current accounts. Once a manager wants to setup their subscription all they have to do is to log back in.

(We do have a privacy policy to remove any unused accounts after a certain amount of time or when a user demands it).

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now