Sign in to follow this  
FrankieLSolis

Anybody else in love with Bowl Bound?

I was thinking about it. I downloaded the demo this past weekend. I found this site because there is an updated (from feb 2017) real world mod for it here., after I created an account and tried to download the file it said I did not have permission because I don't have enough posts to download things from the site. How many posts does one need to make to be able to download mods etc. from this site?

Regarding BBCF...I have DDS: College Football and from what I remember about bowlbound, i like bowlbound better. You?

I do.  It's an excellent game.  BTW, do you know what the asterisks in front of player names mean?

Have anyone bought this game on Steam? It is cheaper there, but I find that steam doesn't always get the latest updates. Anyone have any insight on this? Would love to save a few bucks, but not if it's the original version without the update.

Played it awhile back enjoyed it had the ability to edit different aspects of the game.

Pretty sure you are able to play multiple seasons (paid version). Do not know if this in demo version though. 

What I like about Bowl Bound vs DDS: College Football is that in Bowlbound you can take over a smaller prestigue program and get offers to move to bigger prestigue programs. I don't think this coaching carousel happens in DDS College Football.

Also, the game engine (in game play text) is more exciting in BBCF.

What I want for BBCF is the real world Endzones/Midfield logos for every school. I have the real world mod pack so I have all the teams and bowl names, etc. but not the field logos (endzone and midfield). Anybody have this????

Played it awhile back enjoyed it had the ability to edit different aspects of the game.

Pretty sure you are able to play multiple seasons (paid version). Do not know if this in demo version though. 

Yes, you can edit players and coaches in BBCF really easily. You go to Options and then Edit Players or Edit coaches. It's really simple. You can edit players in DDS: College Football but you have to jump through a couple hoops first. 

Trying to decide between this and Draft Day Sports CFB.  Is one of them clearly better than the other?

Probably personal preference. I like BBCF better for several reasons. But DDS: College Football is fun and because its newer, there are more mods out there. For example, somebody has created the endzone graphics for a bunch of difference conferences (not all). These are the little things that make the games more realistic and fun. 

i sill play it as well, usually during football season.  i believe its on sail at Grey Dogs website.  anybody know of any working 1AA or D2 mods?  those at Grey Dog either don't work fully or links are dead.

i sill play it as well, usually during football season.  i believe its on sail at Grey Dogs website.  anybody know of any working 1AA or D2 mods?  those at Grey Dog either don't work fully or links are dead.

The BBCF forum on Greydog is just not popular any more. You can search for old threads and sometimes find one with a link to a mod only to find out the link doesn't work anymore. Its frustrating. Icy and Outlaw used to make KILLER mods for BBCF. I wish they would do an updated one with endzones, midfield logo's, etc. I also wish there was a way to get the real stadium images in the game (like OOTP does). I'm not good enough to do stuff like that or I would. 

Create a GM profile or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create a GM profile

Create a GM profile

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this