DSMM reacted to Wick Schozen in Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)
Been pretty busy so haven't been very active but trying to keep up. Just wanted to throw out some support.
I'm extremely excited for the reset. I just think it makes sense since there has been so many improvements to the game engine and player development. Establishing a new baseline just seems logical.
Completely on board with supporting Anders. No one really knows how much time Anders has put into this game but Anders and those helping him develop it. I'm a huge fan of his vision for this an I am happy to see him finally get compensated accordingly.
I've been a big advocate for those that are committed to this game, the real die hards, are the ones that are going to help move it forward. If that means long time guys leave, well that's the way it has to be. We've been fortunate enough to have been able to play this for free for years now and Anders has even taken measures to try and bring down the price. I think the price should be whatever he feels he needs to develop his vision and if that isn't incentive enough then leave. Everyone that sees this through will be able to reap the rewards of it.
I don't think there has been a single instance where Anders hasn't shown us that he's committed to making this the best user experience possible and that was without compensation. Very excited to see what he can accomplish when this project isn't a financial burden on him and his team.
DSMM got a reaction from MattBerserkers in Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)
Maybe I'm weird but initial gut reactions...
1. I'm not a fan of the longer regular season. As someone who enjoys the "churn" of the season (FA, draft, prospect development, filling out a new lineup, etc) the longer seasons will make it take more than a month just to play the regular season when I'm in a 2 game a day world. This in turn takes out the frequency of that churn. I suppose I could try a faster league but this is challenging with work demands. I'd rather pay by the season vs. monthly.
2. I actually like the nice clean simple UI now, the preview one looks a little tacky to me. But obviously not a big deal.
3. I'm really bummed to have to hit reset on my team. I've put in a lot of work into crafting my team, prospects,etc. and it all feels for nothing. I'm also kind of inclined to just half ass my current team until the new update (not really half ass but I probably will be less inclined to really throw myself into it like normal).
4. I think the price is pretty reasonable. Of course I'd love for it to be a free but as a fellow computer person I know how much work goes into this and even at the new price it's probably not much money for the amount of work and infrastructure costs.
5. I'm super excited about the idea of better potential/prospect development.
6. Can't wait for the new playoff format! The current one is kind rough.