If there's one thing that is a complete mystery in GPHM it is how to raise your team's Winner Instinct (WI). Although I thoroughly enjoy the fact that the Admins have only shared a fraction of the information, leaving managers to figure it out for themselves... I also enjoy the conversations it creates - so why not try to crack the code together... or use the information contained here to crack the code on your own and keep it to yourself 😜
I feel like getting this value perfect is like piecing together a puzzle. There are many factors and you need the perfect balance of those factors, including: Big Games trait, Ego Trait, Team Captains, Reputation of Players & Certain attributes of players.
Below are the "official" notes from the Help Files.
Here's what I gather from the two links above:
- WI is mostly impacted by the Big Games trait. You need quite a bit of Heroic/Determined players, but not too many as it will create disputes within your team. You will also need some Anxious/Nervous, but not too many.
- In line with the above, you also need some Arrogant/Cocky players to boost your WI, but too many will negatively impact your Teamwork.
- Team Captains have a large influence on WI. From other help files, it is known that Player Reputation and the Spirit Attribute factor into the Captains influence on a team, so if your Captains have a larger influence on your WI, then those values may also have an impact on your team's WI.
Other personal observations, related to the above:
- I always struggled with WI (couldn't get it above a blue rating) as I mostly focused on Teamwork being Harmony (Friendly/Compassionate players). It wasn't until I acquired some Arrogant & Cocky players that my WI rose to a green rating. (Others have shared this opinion - see links below).
- When I have more Stars (players with higher reputation) on my team, my WI is higher.
Below are some other links to various conversations around WI that have been created over time. As you can see... if you are confused about this rating, you are not alone! There are some interesting opinions in these threads, so if you are truly interesting in this topic, be prepared to do some reading.
Below are a few opinions from the link above that stood out to me. I can't confirm whether they are true or not. They could be 100% correct or way off.
- Captains with Heroic or Determined Big Games trait increase WI.
- Only players in the immediate lineup impact WI, not affiliate or scratched players. In another thread, the exact opposite was also stated.
- Big Games of Goalies factor more than Skaters.
- Don't worry about WI at all. It is not required to be successful.
- WI is established over time as players get to know each other.
- Big games is overrated. An Anxious/Nervous player can be just as clutch as a Heroic/Determined player.
- Line placement matters (i.e. 1st line players impact more than 2nd line and so on).
Personally, the questions I keep asking are "when does WI come into play?" and "how much does it even impact gameplay?". I have seen nervous goalies play lights out in the playoffs and win it all. I have also seen team's with Heroic WI get relegated. But I am sure the opposite happens much more, so it is yet to be known exactly how much this rating matters overall. As with most things in this game, it is chance based, so I'm sure it does have an impact. Managers just need to figure out for themselves how much emphasis to put on getting the perfect team chemistry.
As some of you might have heard I'm making some changes with subscriptions and payments. As of the beginning of this year Game Plan Hockey Manager is no longer part of Shaka Productions and I have moved the game back to my personal ownership. Those of you that currently have active subscriptions may also have noticed that you haven't been charged for the last couple of months, this is all intentional. I needed to pause payments since we have detached the company behind the game.
So what now? I will reopen my page on Patreon and ask for your support to keep the game going. All current subscriptions have been canceled and those of you who still want the Premium plan must sign up on Patreon and back the game with at least $1.99 / month. Each month new coupon codes granting one month of access will be published on Patreon. Hopefully this can be automated in the future but until then you need to manually get the coupon code every month, shortcut is available in the game. Your move to Patreon must be done within the next 10 days not to lose your current Premium status. Depending on when your current subscription period ends this timeframe may be longer, check your account from your manager page.
I hope to see as many of you as possible on Patreon and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
But I also have some good news! I've just released update v2.6.0! This update contains bug fixes and improvements but also a brand new feature for a national teams championship! Check out the release notes for more information regarding this release!
A computer team with 18 years old defender that is rated 94 gets promoted to GHL. The team doesn't sign anything in first few days of silly season.
So, a guy makes trade with a computer team, sending few 85-86 rated players and some silly 20 years old worth nothing and 2nd pick for player like that. Do I need to say that FA is still filled with tons of players better then the computer team got for the 94 rated 18 years old guy.
I know I am ranting, but bad programming like this and general non responsivnes of owners will make me quit soon, its just stupid and broken.