• 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationCanada

Game World: Clapper

League: Demoted to LIHL to IHL for season 31

Team Name: Armstrong Admirals

Describe the Bug: I got demoted this year to LIHL (the lowest league) from IHL in Clapper for the new season.  Everyone that had a 1-way clause was released.  I've been very careful to make sure I give no 1-way clauses to anyone.  Somehow, however, half my squad (15 players out of 28) still has a 1-way clause, which is rather absurd, considering I cannot be demoted.  It does restrict my ability to send them to the farm team, which is rather annoying.  A couple of them might have been signed to extensions by the previous GM, but I know I signed a number of the players who have them, including some that I way overpaid expressly so I didn't have to give a 1-way clause (Marcus Austria & Martin Wikman, specifically).

General Manager of Armstrong Admirals (IHL)

Posted September 10, 2018 - 11:22 PM

Wendel Clark

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

Are those players with 1w clauses those on a longer contract that was already on last season? If so, then it's business as usual and no bug but instead a basic thing with contracts:

When you relegate: players gain 1-way and promotion clauses

When you promote: possible 1-way and promotion clauses go away

(entry-level contracts excluded, they always have no clauses, but the salary varies depending on league level)

Can be annoying sometimes but makes sense in general. You can sign 1-way contracts that don't bind you after promotion, so you only have to worry is the player worth that 1-way clause in your current league level (he almost never would be in the higher level anyway). Flipside is that gained 1w after relegation, but 2-way contracts should generally be for prospects and backup/depth/fringe players (at least in my opinion), so why would do you need your old IHL roster players that do not fit even in your LIHL lineup anyway?

Posted September 11, 2018 - 10:02 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Yup no bug at all.  They lose the % of Salary to adapt to the level below, for that drop in wage they get a Promotion and 1-Way so that they can't be sent down even further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users