Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

OK, it's that time of season again.  Time for the 2nd Annual Tarnished Silver Biscuit Plate!  For those who missed last season's extravaganza, the best way to describe this tournament is, think GHL GOLD CUP... but better!  Or here is a link to last seasons tourney:  http://forums.gmgame...-plate-pres-15/

The round robin tournament is between 4 prestigious SHL teams, who at one time in their history auto-promoted from BHL. 

1) Minnedosa Musketeers.  They need no introduction.  They were the winner of last year's Tarnished Silver Biscuit Plate and the only one of these teams to make the SHL playoffs.  They were tired of always finishing 2nd best to the Leopards and went into S15 with a chip on their shoulder.  A literal chip because all they do is aggressively shove food into their faces.  They are known as being the biggest, baddest and fattest team in all of Biscuit. 

To get a glimpse of their greatness in action, here is a link to their preseason training video: 

Last seasons result:  3-0-0-0, 15 GF, 8 GA

2) Tullahoma Tomcats.  I would say they need no introduction, but they do it themselves anyways.  A team that exceeded all expectations last season, but it still was not good enough for Coach Wendel.  Anything short of a 60-win season catapults him into a rage of fury. 

The below clip was taken after a S15 win in which the Tomcats only won by 1 goal (start video at 0:45): 

Last seasons result:  1-1-0-1, 8 GF, 8 GA

3)  Pittsboro Plastic Attack.  The SHL newcomers certainly held their own last season and avoided relegation by a large margin.  Known league-wide for patience with player development and building an empire via draft picks.  Coach Naekfor is meticulous when it comes to building a team.  Everyone who has ever tried to pry a draft pick off his hands has received the same response:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08i9kvCJvJ0

Last seasons result:  0-1-1-1, 8 GF, 10 GA

4)  Deferiet Leopards.  A disappointing season for the Leopards that was foreshadowed by a disappointing preseason tournament.  The Leopards missed the playoffs by a single point for the first time since taking over the franchise.  While most teams dwell on the golf course, that just isn't their style.  Instead, these hard rockers threw a killer party complete with fine women, booze and blow and partied their faces off.

The full party was recorded here in this completely NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR CHILDREN video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5bindJbnwA

Last seasons result:  who cares, what's it to you anyways?

Season 16 schedule (Home teams on left):

Day 4 - Leopards vs. Plastic ... Musketeers vs. Tomcats

Day 5 - Tomcats vs. Leopards ... Plastic vs. Musketeers

Day 6 - Leopards vs. Musketeers ... Plastic vs. Tomcats

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted August 27, 2018 - 02:11 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

DAY 4 RESULTS (sorry in advance for the not so creative write ups... busy at work)

Leopards vs. Plastic Attack

The Leopards came into today's game slightly nervous as they changed their offensive and defensive tactics for this season.  That worry was quickly set aside as they took an early 2-0 lead in the first period.  Former Leopard, Yan Sakovich tried to rally his Plastic team late in the 1st period by challenging Leopards 20 year-old 5'8" defender Dustin Lehoulier to a fight.  It didn't end well for Sakovich as the undersized, but physical, Lehoulier, KO'd him with a sharp right 2 seconds into the fight.  The night just got worse for the Plastic Attack.  Deferiet added 2 more in the second to take a 4-0 lead.  The Plastic Attack came out firing in the 3rd period, outshooting the Leopards 17-6, but the Deferiet goalie Andreas Zhutov was laser focused and denied everything in sight.  The Leopards added a PPG in the 3rd and came away with the victory.

Leopards win 5-0 (and have already exceeded their point total from last year's tournament).

Musketeers vs. Tomcats

A match between the Tarnished Silver finalists last season, these two teams decided to put their friendship aside for a bit in a battle for preseason dominance.  This was a back and forth match, but the Tomcats finally broke through when former Musketeer, Max Wiltshire put the Tomcats up 1-0 in the first.  The Musketeers came out buzzing in the 2nd period out-shooting the Tomcats 15-9 and tied the game at 1.  Getting behind the home crowd, the Musketeers outplayed the Tomcats in the 3rd period, however it was the Tomcats who broke the tie early in the third and were able to hold on to the victory behind former Leopard, Nathan Naud's 34 save performance.  The two teams both retreated back to their shared dressing room and made a random trade.

Tomcats win 2-1.

TEAM...PTS...RECORD...DIFF

DEF..........3......1-0-0-0......(+5)

TUL..........3......1-0-0-0......(+1)

MIN..........0......0-0-0-1......(-1)

PIT...........0......0-0-0-1.......(-5)

Posted August 27, 2018 - 05:55 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Tomcat Fever.....catch it!!!

Posted August 28, 2018 - 01:25 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

DAY 5 RESULTS (and sorry again for the lack of creativity... I blew all my creative juices on the first post).

Musketeers 7 - Plastic Attack 1

The Musketeers rebounded from their home loss yesterday with a rout of the Plastic.

Leopards 3 - Tomcats 2

In one of the most even matches in history. Leopards get a PPG late.

TEAM...PTS...RECORD...DIFF

DEF..........6......2-0-0-0......(+6)

MIN..........3......1-0-0-1......(+5)

TUL..........3......1-0-0-1......(E)

PIT...........0......0-0-0-2.......(-11)

Posted August 28, 2018 - 03:38 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Final Day scenarios.  A lot will be determined by the Leopards vs. Musketeers result and anything can happen.

The Leopards take home the crown with a Win or even an OT/Shootout Loss.  They just can't lose in regulation.

The Musketeers will be in good shape with a regulation win, but if the Tomcats also win in regulation, it will come down to goal differential.

The Tomcats need the Musketeers to beat Deferiet (preferably by 1 goal) - and they would also need to outscore the Musketeers by 5 goals (i.e. they need to beat the Plastic Attack by at least 6 goals...possibly more) *.

*If the Tomcats and Musketeers finish tied in points and goal differential, the Tomcats get the edge based on head to head record.

The Plastic Attack have sadly been eliminated.

Posted August 28, 2018 - 06:34 PM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I like to think my team is crap because i have stopped caring, but i think it runs deeper than that

Posted August 28, 2018 - 07:28 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I like to think my team is crap because i have stopped caring, but i think it runs deeper than that

Sometimes it's just plain bad luck or being on the wrong side of those momentum swings.  I've had 5-game winning streaks where I've beaten all playoff teams followed by 5-game losing streaks to all bottom 8 teams.

Posted August 29, 2018 - 08:43 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Yeah I think it was just a pair of bad luck games.  Better to get them out before the season starts though!

Posted August 30, 2018 - 08:07 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Was hoping to do a dramatic write up for the final games, but work is just not allowing it.

Here are the results from yesterday.

Plastic Attack take down Tomcats 3-2 in a shootout.

Leopards take the Tarnished Silver Biscuit Plate crown with a 4-3 victory over the Musketeers.

Final Standings.

TEAM...PTS...RECORD.....DIFF

DEF..........9......3-0-0-0......(+7)

TUL..........4......1-0-1-1......(-1)

MIN..........3......1-0-0-2......(+4)

PIT...........2......0-1-0-2.......(-10)

Posted August 30, 2018 - 09:08 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Congrats Paul!  We just didn't have it in us this season!

Posted August 30, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Thanks!  We were out all night partying at a strip club on the Sunset Strip in sunny LA.  Expect a let down in today's season opener.

Posted August 30, 2018 - 11:25 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I certainly hope so.... since we didn't have to travel my lads took an opportunity to find the closest all you can eat buffet last night.  Expect us to be ready for the rematch :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users