Photo

How do Computers actually decide when to accept trades?

• Please log in to reply

Posted July 17, 2018 - 09:19 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

So i have been trying to acquire a decent prospect from my team from a computer team. I tried filling all their needs that i saw they needed and what was on their "wants" list. I believe i over payed for one player, but the computer keeps rejecting.I keep upgrading my offer, but they would not accept. So the question of how and when do computer teams accept trade offers has made me curious. Can anyone tell me?

Posted July 17, 2018 - 09:24 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Computer trades are hard to do. It takes luck or for some people, knowing certain loopholes to exploit. It's evaluated cosntantly I believe, so hopefully those loopholes have been closed.

Posted July 17, 2018 - 10:39 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

I mean I offered a team my GHL first, SHL first, GHL 2nd, an 87 overall dman(21 years old), and a 23 year old 90 overall goalie, and a 28 year old 94 overall goalie for a prospect who is 20 and 96 overall. I believed this trade would go through since the other team is getting relegated so I believe this would give both teams a future since all the guys I offered are signed for 2+ years, and his goalie is on his last year of his ELC and doesn't want to re-sign im presuming.

Posted July 17, 2018 - 11:04 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • 16 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I think if you offer too many players/picks for just one player on the CPU team, the CPU will reject the trade.

BTW, Jack, I deleted the identical post you made in the Howitzer forum.  No need to double post.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted July 18, 2018 - 11:22 PM

sonstone

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

So i have been trying to acquire a decent prospect from my team from a computer team. I tried filling all their needs that i saw they needed and what was on their "wants" list. I believe i over payed for one player, but the computer keeps rejecting.I keep upgrading my offer, but they would not accept. So the question of how and when do computer teams accept trade offers has made me curious. Can anyone tell me?

Persistence is best, but it does seem to take some luck too. The computer will generally respond to two offers per sim day. So, don't be shy about sending offers.
I've had the best luck using players suggested by the assistant in the trade screen as opposed to just trying to match their needs... then I'll add a pick or two to tilt the balance in their favor. There is no magic formula these days though, it just takes time and effort. Good luck!

Posted July 20, 2018 - 07:28 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Jack Reacher - I think CPU trade AI cannot count with relegation of the team. And one of the tweaks to CPU trading was that they do not respond well to quantity for quality (4 or more assets for 1 player, for example). In case you really want the player, you need to offer similar player on position the teams is looking for with one pick or prospect to make a good value for the other team. Dumping many players to relegating team is not ok for CPU as the AI is not advanced enough to calculate the value (which also depends on fact if they will relegate or not in the end).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users