EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
I don't know why I have young guys declining but this is the second one I've had in two seasons (the other was from a previous thread under the solved area). Persons is 24 and just went from an 83 to an 82 OVR. He plays on my second line and is in Perfect confidence. Any thoughts?

http://www.gameplanh...ayer?gpid=51010

Posted July 12, 2018 - 11:53 AM

littleb

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Hmmmm 2 pts in faceoff and 1 pt in puckhandling too.  

It looks like this was a player created to Free agency rather than through the draft, I wonder if there is something with that.

Posted July 12, 2018 - 02:27 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
I was curious about that also

Posted July 12, 2018 - 02:58 PM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

In BHL Fishbowl and last season in Dangles I had 2 defensemen  1st and 2nd liners one was the 2nd leading defensive scorer drop OA my Dangles Dman I had to waive.   Makes no sense. 

Posted July 12, 2018 - 08:06 PM

xZhou

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Reliable

Hmmmm 2 pts in faceoff and 1 pt in puckhandling too.  

It looks like this was a player created to Free agency rather than through the draft, I wonder if there is something with that.

Yeah I think the players who are generated through free agency are more prone to improve slowly or even take a step back. Not really sure why that's the case, but it's definitely something I've observed multiple times.

Posted July 13, 2018 - 02:35 AM

Erzac

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Those players generated on FA are likely completely random, including their hidden potential. When they get a generated with a much higher overall than their potential would otherwise allow, that's when they don't develop or start dropping for no apparent reason.

Posted July 14, 2018 - 05:21 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I don't mind young players regressing. Happens all the time in the real world. Blame it on booze, women, or not being able to handle the big leagues.

Posted July 15, 2018 - 12:28 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

I don't mind young players regressing. Happens all the time in the real world. Blame it on booze, women, or not being able to handle the big leagues.

Blakely (where his team is posted) is known for rum as it was an old pirate town back in the day. May have to get him off the sauce...

On another note, I'm ok with players declining as well and the FA pool developed player is always a calculated risk but I still don't know if a young guy should drop even if he was created above his potential. On the other hand, I kinda like the risk/reward idea so maybe I like it more than I dislike it. Boy, it sounds like I need to lay off the sauce...and I'm not on any!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users