Welcome to GM Games Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Red Sox/Mets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Baseballr77

Baseballr77

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2013
Rep - Helpful

Boston send

SP Lester-ML

Mets send

OF Gomez-ML

Sorry NL East (Brenton),     :)

We send Lester to the Mets, whom he defeated in 2013 for the World Series, in order to hopefully get him another ring before he is done in a few years.  While he is by far our best pitcher again this season he just doesn't fit into our long term plans moving forward.  In return, we get an upgrade in the outfield with a young, fast and solid defensive outfielder who should help us tremendously out there for years to come.

Thanks for the deal Rook and good luck the rest of the season!

Boston Redsox GM

Career Record:  468-504 

2012: 82-80 3rd place

2013: 93-69 World Series Champions

2014:  84-78 4th Place

2015:  73-89 4th Place

2016:  64-98 4th Place

2017:  72-90 5th Place

"Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, When I Die, I'll Be Sooner Dead"

r00k

r00k

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

The Mets accept. The main justification was to give Brenton a reason to get drunk tonight. The backup reason is that Lester is absolutely nalls in the playoffs (which I remember all too well)!. We will indeed miss Gomez, a guy that has tools that he hasn't even found yet.

matteise

matteise

MLB Pro Co-Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 501 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Helpful

PROCESSED!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users