Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I thought I would post this just to give a thought.

How hard would it be to allow us to upload our own, or to just have a default.  I used to play a soccer game that just had a generic badge until the person uploaded a simple bmp, png, etc etc.

Could be small as you like for space as storage might be an issue.  Could be a simple solution if this is going to be a continual issue.  

Just thoughts...

Posted July 10, 2018 - 09:05 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I was going to make the "upload your own logo" suggestion a while ago, but then realized that would be going down a risky path.  I still think it's a good idea.  Personally, there is literally nothing in the world that would offend me, but am also sensitive to the fact that others could be uncomfortable over various images.  We would need a way to monitor it and keep the site family friendly and/or safe for work use... if that's even possible.

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted July 10, 2018 - 09:19 AM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I was going to make the "upload your own logo" suggestion a while ago, but then realized that would be going down a risky path.  I still think it's a good idea.  Personally, there is literally nothing in the world that would offend me, but am also sensitive to the fact that others could be uncomfortable over various images.  We would need a way to monitor it and keep the site family friendly and/or safe for work use... if that's even possible.

Yeah, if it's a free for all, people will definitely choose to upload questionable images. I'm sure someone will use a Nazi symbol or a Pepe frog for shock value.

Posted July 10, 2018 - 09:22 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Might have to have someone looking through every new image.... that is likely not something Anders would remotely have time for  either.  As nice as it might be I can see how it would be unpleasant.

Anybody here a super talented artist and want to make like 300 logos :)

Posted July 10, 2018 - 09:26 AM

canucks357

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: October 2015
Rep - Helpful

On another manager game I play adding custom logos is nice, but you get some very low quality uploads by some people that really takes away from the aesthetics of the game (consider a logo on a jersey with a white rectangular background on it).

I'm curious where the logos were licensed from. I saw some from this game on Shutterstock and if you buy a license to the images on Shutterstock they are yours to use for life (as confirmed by email by Shutterstock staff). It'd be a pricey alternative, but it'd be a one-time expense.

Posted July 10, 2018 - 10:06 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

On another manager game I play adding custom logos is nice, but you get some very low quality uploads by some people that really takes away from the aesthetics of the game (consider a logo on a jersey with a white rectangular background on it).

I'm curious where the logos were licensed from. I saw some from this game on Shutterstock and if you buy a license to the images on Shutterstock they are yours to use for life (as confirmed by email by Shutterstock staff). It'd be a pricey alternative, but it'd be a one-time expense.

I can see the benefit to something like this, I could even pitch a little in for the greater good of the game if need be.

Posted July 10, 2018 - 12:25 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 162 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Thanks for all the tips!

To upload your own is a nice idea but can’t see this to be an option because we could face the same problem as now.

We are not licensed to use it!

We are in contact with different providers like shutterstock and such but terms of license are a big problem in the way we use em. :/

Keep suggestions coming! ;)

Posted July 10, 2018 - 12:31 PM

Mark Z

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Helpful

1. check out www.openclipart.org 

2. www.graphicsfactory.com / this is most likely what you are using now. has some of the same icons!

3. www.summitsoft.com has a logo design program

Posted July 10, 2018 - 10:36 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 465 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Logos are nice, but I'm kinda digging the red and white A on my jersey for the Otego Arrowheads.  Granted, the letter is a placeholder for a mascot, but there is a simple sleekness about the colorful letter.

Attached Files

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted July 11, 2018 - 12:51 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Might have to have someone looking through every new image.... that is likely not something Anders would remotely have time for either. As nice as it might be I can see how it would be unpleasant.

Anybody here a super talented artist and want to make like 300 logos :)

I'd love to design icons (as that's a professional emphasis of mine) but I think the time thing may crush that thought quickly :(

Terms of use get pretty complex and uploading images could also lead to s security risks also...I think? It's like 2AM here so my brain is fresh out of ideas - I'll be thinking though...

Posted July 11, 2018 - 03:15 PM

canucks357

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: October 2015
Rep - Helpful

I'd love to design icons (as that's a professional emphasis of mine) but I think the time thing may crush that thought quickly :(

Terms of use get pretty complex and uploading images could also lead to s security risks also...I think? It's like 2AM here so my brain is fresh out of ideas - I'll be thinking though...

The other game I play where custom logos are permitted, there are consistently logos that need to be removed (and team names renamed) due to abuse/inappropriate use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users