Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationFinland

I don't know if this topic has been brought up or discussed before, but the logic behind affiliate games faceoffs might need to be reconsidered? I think centers would need to have higher priority than they do now. It looks like they have some priority, but even 1 or 2 point higher overall wingers and even defenders do seem to take more faceoffs than for example second highest center with even highest faceoff skill.

Examples from last season from my Dangles AAHL team:

Winger French, higher overall than Clear, faceoff skill 40: 363 faceoffs in 57 games.

Defender Blackmore, higher overall than Clear, faceoff skill 40: 86 faceoffs in 61 games.

Center Clear, lower overall, still slightly more icetime than French, faceoff skill 76: 61 faceoffs in 62 games.

So, winger taking over 6 faceoffs per game without skill, center not taking even 1 with skill, and even defender taking more. Centers seem to develop some faceoff skill even without taking or taking very little faceoffs, but isn't it so that the amount of faceoffs taken is a big factor considering how well they develop in that skill? And winger faceoffs seem to be a waste considering development: French has taken over 700 affiliate game faceoffs and his faceoff skill is still flatline 40.

Thoughts?

Posted June 26, 2018 - 11:05 AM

Eric Welsh

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Centers should always take faceoffs, unless this game has some sort of 'waved out of the circle' function.

Otherwise, when I line up my four centers I expect them to be the ones taking the draws.

And there should never, ever, ever be a time when a D-man takes a faceoff. I don't think I've ever seen that anywhere in real life.

Something to be fixed.

Posted June 26, 2018 - 11:26 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 134 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Reliable
Thanks for the report guys!

This I noted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic