Gator Raid

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable
I’ve been trying to create a formula to determine trade value, but no matter how much I tweak it, I can never get it perfect. Every time I get close, there are always one or two players that get valued either too high or too low. So that brings me to my question, has anyone else managed to create a formula that they think calculates trade value accurately?

Posted June 17, 2018 - 07:35 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

I am assuming that it includes things that are no longer visible to us, such as greed. As such that is one I actually havent even attempted yet. I am also not sure if profile traits are linked to ranges like normal attributes or if all "motivators" or "dirty" etc are the same. then again i largely ignore trade value personally, but I know others who rely a lot on it, I just really havent looked into it. I am inclined to think its not something we can get too accurate with what we have easy access to. 

Posted June 18, 2018 - 09:36 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic
So that brings me to my question, has anyone else managed to create a formula that they think calculates trade value accurately? 

That is simply not possible. You can get close, but you will never be 100 % accurate - there are too many factors and different managers have different "weights" for aspects like traits, position, roles, age, each skills and their combination...

But I think the current trade meter scale needs to be extended. Having basically 4/5th of my GHL team, including the affiliates, of excellent value is pretty much useless - as some of those excellent value players are very different from very low to super high value (to me, but also to other I think) - I would say factor of 10 difference even!

Posted August 05, 2018 - 08:37 PM

Eric The Great

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

One thing i saw is that the game seems to accept some weird trades. Many times the board will accept the trade when its not even close to be a fair trade. I got so many offers from other teams for some players i have and they offer me like a 3rd or 2nd shl draft which is not worth much for some young promising players i have and the board accepts those. You cant trust this system... The draft picks are not very good usually from what i have seen. You might get a good player each few seasons but trade some good players for those picks is not worth it most of the time. I think some do it just to get rid of salary or some unwanted players when you have better. There are also many reasons to do a trade so having a perfect system is probably impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users