Welcome to GM Games Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HOU/CWS Trade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Matt_Astros

Matt_Astros

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Floater
  • LocationNYC

Houston sends:

CF Ronald Acuna (R - GCL)

White Sox send:

C Ron Winterhalder (AA)

Houston didn't love any of the top level talent in this draft, especially when considering they had the #2 overall pick. They had a need for a catcher and this was a deal that benefited both sides.

WhiteSoxGM

WhiteSoxGM

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2013
Rep - Helpful

The White Sox approve this deal.

We were in pursuit of some offensive prospects this draft but didn't see a lot of top flight talent we were excited about.  Houston picked #2 overall and we picked #3.  Our scout was not as high on Winterhalder as some others and we felt he was expendable with another big catching prospect already in our system (a year or two behind Winterhalder).  Making this trade was more than just about selecting Acuna, who we and our scout really like as a future outfielder.  It was about giving us the flexibility at #2 and #3 in the draft to pick an offensive player -- even though we didn't see any superstars out there -- while also selecting who we saw as best available at that slot -- who we took with #3 in Hankins.  Had we had only the #3 pick, I'm not sure which way we would've gone but I would have been underwhelmed either way.  I felt this was the better outlet for our club's development.

Thanks, Matt, for the deal, and continued success in your own rebuild.

matteise

matteise

MLB Pro Co-Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 529 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: February 2013
Rep - Helpful

PROCESSED!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users