• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Trouble in Deferiet!

The Leopards recent string of losses has created turmoil in the locker room as coach Paul T has started to question the compete level of his players.  After making the SHL playoffs the last two seasons and getting off to a hot start this season, the Leopards are slowly skidding down the standings and seem destined to miss the playoffs for the 1st time since relocating to Deferiet. 

After their loss to the #1 Indians yesterday, a scuffle ensued between coach Paul T and the team's longest tenured and most respected player, Juan David Waller.  Despite giving up almost 6" and 30 lbs, Paul T got his point across.

The result:

attachicon.gifWaller.png

Nice response from Waller in his 1st game back from injury.

Attached File  Waller.png   12.27KB   0 downloads

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted July 29, 2018 - 07:26 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
My team has been on a sucky slide too - gotta get out of this funk!

Posted July 30, 2018 - 09:40 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Forever connected by some weird magnetic force.

Season 12 - tied in points (both promoted from BHL to SHL)

Season 13 - tied in points

Season 14 - tied in points until the final day of the season

Season 15...

Attached File  7-30-2018 10-31-11 AM.png   46.5KB   0 downloads

Posted July 30, 2018 - 01:25 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I really thought this was the season to break apart.... after 20 games you were in 2nd I was barely fighting off relegation places with 3 reg wins.  Fate!  

I guess one of us should stack our teams and just let the other team ride the coat tails :)

Posted August 10, 2018 - 07:58 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Oh dang! Here we go! Two games to go and it could go lots of ways for the last two spots in the playoffs. Right now seventh and eighth spot are held by none other than arch-rivals, Old-Deaf Leapords and The Minute-Maid Men. Each have 96 points and Blakely is holding down 9th with 94 points.

Here are some possibilities:

> If Blakey wins both the last two games they advance to the playoffs because even if both Deferiet and Minnedosa win the first game, they play each other the second game.

> If either Deferiet or Minnedosa loses the first match, Blakely only needs one win to potentially take over the eight as both teams once more face each other the following day.

> Blakely has an Away game followed by a Home game facing the #12 & 13th seeds.

> Lastly, don't count out Tullahoma as they currently have 92 points. If either Deferiet or Minnedosa loose both matches it leaves the door open for the Tomcats to step in.

Posted August 11, 2018 - 07:12 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
It all boils down to the last Match. Minnedosa won today's match and PaulT's squad is still disheartened from having to rebrand their iconic rock look and fall to the new look Doom squad. That in and of itself may be a bad omen for the Leapords going into the last game.

As Minnedosa and Deferiet get ready to face off, it is imperative that the Leapords pull off a win on the road. If they fall to Minnedosa their hopes of playoffs are vanquished. Even with a Deferiet win they would still have go in the locker room and watch the end of the Blakely-Pittsboro match. If Blakely wins against the Plastic Attack the Leapord's fate is still sealed as they picked up a win on the road today putting them in 6th.

Don't count out a home game upset at Blakely. The last match vs. the Plastic Attack left the Black Flag limping off the rink with a 5-1 loss. Rumor has it that the Plastic Attack's campaign to go green has resulted in the melting of old straws into shanks that they then hide in their gloves. It may be a bloody final match.

Best of luck everyone.

Posted August 11, 2018 - 07:29 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa
Don’t be fooled by Paul... this is all a part of his plan! He knows the gods of this game are destined to make us even on points. He clearly threw the game today so they would make him beat me tomorrow knowing full well he will have me on goal differential.

Crafty crafty!

Posted August 11, 2018 - 10:07 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
If that would happen again I'd be flabbergasted.

Posted August 12, 2018 - 06:37 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Well, congrats to the Musketeers and the Black Flag.  A disappointing end to the season for the Leopards as the only points we could muster over the final 5 games of the season was a single SO win.  But I kind of knew we were doomed as we are extremely streaky and were in the middle of a losing streak.

Posted August 12, 2018 - 07:44 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
It was a good season - now let's go get spanked in the playoffs!

Posted August 13, 2018 - 08:41 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

Yeah, the likelyhood of anything productive in the playoffs is slim but never know!  Was a great battle with you guys throughout the season.  Still my favorite league

Posted August 15, 2018 - 01:02 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
I think I discovered the Banger's strategy for this round of Playoffs; take out the exact same positioned defensive forward early on in the match. Crafty!

It was quite Ironic that the same spot got injured but I'd have to say that the second match Injury didn't appear to be on the Banger's end. Royer won a faceoff but went too hard for it, slipped and broke his nose on his own skate! I know, it seems impossible but the video went viral after a Banger fan posted the carnage in YouTube.

Good luck with the GHL opponent Bodmin - take them out at the knees...or their face....doesn't matter who that way ;)

Posted August 15, 2018 - 01:47 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I think I discovered the Banger's strategy for this round of Playoffs; take out the exact same positioned defensive forward early on in the match. Crafty!

It was quite Ironic that the same spot got injured but I'd have to say that the second match Injury didn't appear to be on the Banger's end. Royer won a faceoff but went too hard for it, slipped and broke his nose on his own skate! I know, it seems impossible but the video went viral after a Banger fan posted the carnage in YouTube.

Good luck with the GHL opponent Bodmin - take them out at the knees...or their face....doesn't matter who that way ;)

This sounds like my style!  Dirty all the way then?

Posted August 15, 2018 - 03:40 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

I think that is me!  My guys are pretty worthless, but I'll see what we can do.  Playing dirty can't hurt much more at this point.  Maybe they'll finally get some excitement into their game!!!

Posted August 15, 2018 - 05:38 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Sorry about the early exit, EXXEO.  Great season - and we should have another close one next season.

Good luck to all the playoff teams.  I obviously have to root for the underdogs of the SHL, Musketeers and Bangers, to pull the impossible upsets here.  Go dirty or go home!

Posted August 15, 2018 - 09:49 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Sorry about the early exit, EXXEO.  Great season - and we should have another close one next season.

Good luck to all the playoff teams.  I obviously have to root for the underdogs of the SHL, Musketeers and Bangers, to pull the impossible upsets here.  Go dirty or go home!

Next season should be a good (possible) last run in the current format. Our squad isn't changing at all and our young guys are developing quickly. Should be a better season than this one - hopefully....

Posted August 16, 2018 - 10:16 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

I am not sure I want to win this playoff tbh.

If this truly does end up being the last of the last I would prefer giving my boyz in SHL free tooth extractions and visits to the hot nurse in hospital.

Posted August 18, 2018 - 07:54 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I am not sure I want to win this playoff tbh.

If this truly does end up being the last of the last I would prefer giving my boyz in SHL free tooth extractions and visits to the hot nurse in hospital.

Damn, b!  I gotta admit I am slightly jealous here.  I've had 6 cracks at GHL teams and went 0-6.  You come in like a bat outta hell and go 1-0.  Good luck today, I am pulling for you.  Although I would miss playing against you next season. 

Posted August 19, 2018 - 07:59 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka
It took a 3rd game shootout for Elite to finish of the Bangers, so well played. My players average, AVERAGE, 5 or more ovr per position, and your team made it a nail biter. Good luck next season and see you all in the reboot too#

Posted August 22, 2018 - 02:29 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

Congrats to the Vandals and Kim for another Championship!  The fact that you have a couple former Elite on your team clearly means Elite are right there in the running for next year, haha.

I didn't overlook this one, ha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users