Jiihee

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Helpful

Wou, something just happened to me what i have never experienced in this game before.

Today when the trade window opened again i got offer what looked pretty good trade for me.  So i accepted the offer but my mistake was not to check the details of the player carefully. What ended up happening was that the player contract was ending and i didn't have the time to renew her contract and now the player is in the free agent's. The player what i traded for him was actually pretty talented young lad and for sure is going to be GHL level at some day.

Like i said it was my mistake for not checking the details of the trade offer more carefully but to be honest i never thought that any manager here would be so dirty that he would even try to offer a player for someone whos contract is ending and it was not renew'd.

Before this i have had only positive experiences about trading with other ppl but this case just blew my mind. Meaby its better to stop trading and communicating with other managers to prevent something like this happening again.

There should be a block to prevent managers to offer players for other managers who's contract is about to end after youth draft and end of the season, cause there will be always someone who will abuse these kinds of things at the expense of others.

I wont start pointing fingers but if someone is interested about this trade its not hard to check from transactions day 77.

Ps. Managers who operate like this, get some backbone...

Posted June 07, 2018 - 11:37 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Obviously this wasn't me, but I'm not 100% against these trades even though I have been in your situation before.  It does give you a bit of a head start on trying to make an offer, but if it is a highly sought after player, yeah, it's 99% of the time a big bust for the receiving team, as it was for me too.  

Posted June 08, 2018 - 04:01 AM

Jiihee

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Helpful

Well the head start what you mentioned is only a bit like you said, i don't really see any advantage on that since you can scout the player out many day before in the ending contracts filter. For me it just is stupid that trades like that can even happen, and more stupid that some ppl take advantage of that. 

Of course everyone has their own opinions and i am cool with that, but how i see this thing is that possibility for trade offers like this should not exist at all. 

Of course i would got that player if i really wanted but i would had to offer him over 100% more pay what he was originally getting, and if you wanna actually make a decent team you cant offer prices like that. 

Posted June 09, 2018 - 05:13 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

People that do these things should probably be banned from the game.

Posted June 10, 2018 - 10:11 AM

ColoKrabatt

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Reliable

It's against good manners, for sure but it's not against rules (if I know correctly). I'm sorry it turned out that You ended with nothing, but it was only your fault. You could post who did it and others could denied to cooperate with him for what he did, but that's all.

HOWITZER |GHL| OGDENSBURG BEASTS      ALL STAR  

DANGLES  
|IHL| OGEMA OUTSIDERS

Posted June 10, 2018 - 11:21 AM

PulmonaryGoose

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2018
Rep - Floater

Today when the trade window opened again i got offer what looked pretty good trade for me.  So i accepted the offer but my mistake was not to check the details of the player carefully. What ended up happening was that the player contract was ending and i didn't have the time to renew her contract and now the player is in the free agent's. The player what i traded for him was actually pretty talented young lad and for sure is going to be GHL level at some day.

This is an interesting point you made. While I wouldn't condone that sort of behaviour, I would definitely try to trade out my players if they're decent and say they are not interested in re-signing. Otherwise, I would lose my investment in the player just going to free agency. 

It backs up the argument in one of my threads that says the trade deadline should be around day 45 or 50, and that renewing a player's contract should be possible even if the player is 'happy'. That way if you make that mistake, you still have 10 days for the player to consider a new offer. 

Option B could be a clause that says no trades on players with less than a minimum time on their contract, or that players must decided within 2 days of an offering, to help reduce this occurring. 

Posted June 11, 2018 - 11:03 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

/\

I was going to say the same thing as PG.  I'm not sure if there was any ill intent behind the initial trade offer.  But having a trade deadline much earlier in the season would help prevent this type of scenario. 

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted June 15, 2018 - 08:14 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • 22 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

Just a reminder. The day 77 trade window is meant more for pre-draft trades for teams that want to move up or down the draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users