GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 345 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: July 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

Steam Profile

It is a sad day for all of the hockey community in Biscuit. At the age of 40 - rated 95 overall - Artem Bublik has announced his retirement. He has arguably been the best goalie in the world, having a save percentage of .90 or better every single season since the world started. Bublik broke in to the league at the age of 26 during season 1. He was criticized due to his small size, but right from the start he showed the doubters that his size was actually part of what made him so great. His athleticism was out of this world and his reflexes were some of the best we've seen, even during his old days. He might have been bit of a lone wolf, but aren't all goalies a little twisted, he was still loved by his team mates who will be sad to see him go.

Here are some stats from his career:

Golden Cup Victories: 5

Regular season best save percentage: 5

Best Goals Against: 6

Most Shutouts: 6

*These stats don't include season one.

Here are his stats from during his time in Biscuit:

lTsM1zm.png

Although some say his age began to show during this last season and he couldn't play more than 1 game in a row, he is still going to be missed by the fans of Breakouts, and for sure the rest of the hockey community here in Biscuit. When asked about his retirement plans he told us he was going back to Ukraine and start his own goalie camp there, who knows if we'll see more Ukrainian superstars in the future!

Thank you Artem Bublik and may the pucks be ever in your glove!

Posted June 07, 2018 - 04:48 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

Ah, finally!  :)

Posted June 07, 2018 - 08:43 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Legend.

I will always remember him for scoffing at me when I checked to see what he wanted for a salary as a free agent before season 14.

Posted June 15, 2018 - 03:30 PM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Yup, Bublik was insanely good... I acquired him by luck. He asked French Gulch Black Knights (after winning cup there in S2) insane money to resign, so he went to FA and I got him for much more reasonable salary... the salary got higher with each season and more cups, but we managed to afford him and he worked hard for every dollar. His number of shutouts is insane and he got us all 5 cups / so you can correct that he has 6 cups and he was in the GHL finals for 9 times including 7 in a row. But in S10 the salary demands started to increase again and our cap situation was too tight, so he went to FA once again. And we didn't win any cup since then. 

Posted June 15, 2018 - 11:59 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
I got him after you. He stayed with me untill kiovola was 100% ready.
He had 10 Shutouts. A personel record for him.
He will be missed. Glad he retired before losing skill.

Posted June 16, 2018 - 02:39 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Yes, I remember, Pingu... you offered like 400k more and he was always money first guy :) My rep. didn't get him signed with us again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users