Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
So I have this 2way player Matthew Levy. He's a 69 overall which is pretty high for LIHL level, and he's a terrific 2way player.
So his performance rating is always pretty good, but he has 3 goals in 48 games. So even if he's not screwing up out there on the ice and playing really good 2way hockey, should I be concerned that he can't score? I mean I had him on my top line for a considerable part of the season. I've attached a pic
Thanks

Attached Files

Posted June 05, 2018 - 07:47 PM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

there are several factors that predict whether you have the right guy on the right line.   Check is ratings page.  what are his shooting, puckhandling and skating numbers?   What kind of offense are you running?  How big is he?   If you guy has high physical and defense numbers and low shooting numbers you're better served playing him on the 3rd line and 1st penalty kill line. How old is he? He may have peaked.  There's a lot to look at.  Move the guy around the season looks like its nearly over anyway. 

As a side bar how did you do this season?

Posted June 05, 2018 - 10:13 PM

zinnyzxx

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
That's the thing, there's nothing going against him. I paired him up with 2 snipers for most of the season, and I knew those 2 would get the majority of the goals, but he still only has 3...
Maybe you can look at the picture and tell me what you think, I'm just drawing a blank.
Also, I crushed it this season, in first place by like 15pts. IHL here I come

Attached Files

Posted June 05, 2018 - 10:52 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 415 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I wouldn't worry in the least, Levy looks like a really good player.  Even though his rankings are better at shooting than passing, he seems like a solid playmaker for the two snipers on his line...and he can reverse and backcheck.  At every level of hockey, there are some players who are better at assisting than scoring.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted June 06, 2018 - 12:56 AM

ColoKrabatt

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Reliable

I would be worried how come he's worst in +/- of all your players, not about scoring. And he has decent amount of assists....

HOWITZER |SHL| OGDENSBURG BEASTS      ALL STAR  

DANGLES |SHL| KINGSTON KINGS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users