Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
I'm curious to see how communication is in your experiences. In the LIHL and from what I've heard, the IHL in Howitzer, it's dead quiet.
You send trade offers and never get any reply, what's up with that?
Where are the real gm's at?

Posted June 03, 2018 - 12:36 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

It's pretty boring in Lumber. A lot of folks ignore you, and there's a good number more concerned with exploiting loopholes than actually building a team properly. There's great managers for sure, but they are far outnumbered by people who couldn't give a damn.

Posted June 03, 2018 - 01:02 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Biscuit is great.  There's a few managers here and there that could step up their game, but very active for the most part.

Posted June 03, 2018 - 01:42 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Biscuit is great overall but there are some managers not replying or responding to trade offers.

In my experience with Clapper so far, it's almost dead. Sending trade offers and messages but waiting for +30 days without an answer. And I'm talking about GHL and SHL.

Just a quick reply or responding to trades hasn't killed any manager afaik. Too bad...

Posted June 03, 2018 - 01:47 PM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

LIHL in Buscuit was fair as is IHL.  send a message with your trade it seems to get managers more involved even if its to refuse the deal.   Dangles is fairly active in BHL or at least I have found managers who communicate.  In SHL Dangles there are almost half compter managers.   Fishbowl is pretty quiet.

Posted June 03, 2018 - 03:26 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium

to me;

Biscuit. very active. Lots of talk on forum and in game chat. Lots of active managers. Great managers and great respect for the game in a whole.

Fishbowl: Quiet. Not much happening.

Clapper: Same. In game chat never gets used. Not much gametalk. To me most communication comes from the managers also active in biscuit.

Posted June 04, 2018 - 05:41 AM

zinnyzxx

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
So the general consensus is biscuit is pretty lit.
I just doing understand why you would play a game that's this immersive, and not take advantage of the community and communication.
I wish there was a way to get people more active

Posted June 04, 2018 - 06:45 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Yeah, Biscuit is great :) I think it would be great if the world somehow allow more managers to be in (not sure how - 1 GHL, 4 SHL, 16 BHL... maybe?) and have less worlds in general. One world can have only 80 managers and there are 7 worlds - that is 560 managers maximum. That is pretty low and even with such a low number of maximum managers, most of them cannot see each other as others are in different world. I think once Anders is happy with the game, servers etc. some focused advertisement should follow to make the worlds bigger. This is great game and having worlds with thousand or so users would be awesome - obviously for that you need better messaging tool, better trading tool and more staff to take care of abusive and cheating users.

Posted June 04, 2018 - 10:30 AM

Eric Welsh

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Signed on as a new GM in LIHL Fishbowl last week, and so far crickets.

One trade offer ignored. I expected some GMs to reach out and try to 'test' the new guy, but haven't had interactions with anyone.

People are busy and there's no way to legislate activity, but one thing I was looking forward to after a long period of sim-sports inactivity was getting that back-and-forth with rival GMs again.

Disappointing so far from that angle.

Everything else is great though. Fantastic setup here. Very deep world.

Posted June 05, 2018 - 04:58 AM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Signed on as a new GM in LIHL Fishbowl last week, and so far crickets.

One trade offer ignored. I expected some GMs to reach out and try to 'test' the new guy, but haven't had interactions with anyone.

People are busy and there's no way to legislate activity, but one thing I was looking forward to after a long period of sim-sports inactivity was getting that back-and-forth with rival GMs again.

Disappointing so far from that angle.

Everything else is great though. Fantastic setup here. Very deep world.

I find LIHL-BHL generally has a 50/50 chance of active players just do to the nature of people trying the game but then not coming back. It's less noticeable on faster worlds simply due to the fact that managers get booted faster in real time. My experience for the SHL/GHL teams is that trades (ignoring the actual chat for some reason) will get a response back within 1-2 days. And that includes most pm's.

It is a quieter world, as we've got a lot of managers that like mostly just briefly check on their teams and lines and leave it at that.

Posted June 05, 2018 - 12:37 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 152 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Hi!

We (developers) are very much aware of this situation. We hope to bring you a new chat/inbox system that will help this issue and also we have some ideas to help out with this inactive problems.

All the work are in progress right now.

Posted June 05, 2018 - 01:45 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Hi!

We (developers) are very much aware of this situation. We hope to bring you a new chat/inbox system that will help this issue and also we have some ideas to help out with this inactive problems.

All the work are in progress right now.

On another management game I play (Soccer Manager), there's a game world feed when you enter your team's management page, and it allows you to comment on happenings. Maybe something like this could be added? I think it would boost interaction a bit.

Attached Files

Posted June 06, 2018 - 12:21 PM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 152 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding

On another management game I play (Soccer Manager), there's a game world feed when you enter your team's management page, and it allows you to comment on happenings. Maybe something like this could be added? I think it would boost interaction a bit.

We having plans on something like this. But I'm afraid you have to wait a bit on this feature.

But thanks for the advice!

//Tobias

Posted June 11, 2018 - 11:20 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
Tobias, I'm loving where all of that is heading. Pumped!

Posted June 14, 2018 - 07:23 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 457 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

The forum mimics the game world.

Biscuit communication in-game is strong, and the Biscuit forum is the most active.

Conversely, Fishbowl is quiet both in-game and on the forum.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted June 14, 2018 - 07:34 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

The GHL in Howitzer is very communicative, but there are a few managers who have gone off the radar in some instances. They do log onto the game but just dont bother to read any of the private messages sent to them. I think SHL is also like the GHL, except there are more beginners in that league and most are asking for my help or some other GHL manager's help. I guess overall communication in GHL and SHL Howitzer is great, i dont know about lower leagues though.

Posted June 15, 2018 - 08:34 AM

Marque Berge20

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Floater

In Howitzer GHL there are only very few messages about trades and thats about it. This game is not based on communication between managers. It is not really needed but yes some can use to discuss about trades or other stuff. You can send an offer without sending a message. You can also put in the transfer what are your needs. I dont know where Jack Reacher saw alot communications because i dont get much any message after a few seasons in there and to be honest i dont have much to say also. This is a single player game and there is nothing much to say to other managers other than maybe ask about a trade. I also dont see why we would need a place like ET2018 asked where players say useless stuff like how they feel about the game and how well they have done or not. There is the forum for this already and personally i dont have time to lose reading useless stuff lol... We can see the standings and results and dont need to see managers comment on themselves and on others.

Posted June 15, 2018 - 08:54 AM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

In Howitzer GHL there are only very few messages about trades and thats about it. This game is not based on communication between managers. It is not really needed but yes some can use to discuss about trades or other stuff. You can send an offer without sending a message. You can also put in the transfer what are your needs. I dont know where Jack Reacher saw alot communications because i dont get much any message after a few seasons in there and to be honest i dont have much to say also. This is a single player game and there is nothing much to say to other managers other than maybe ask about a trade. I also dont see why we would need a place like ET2018 asked where players say useless stuff like how they feel about the game and how well they have done or not. There is the forum for this already and personally i dont have time to lose reading useless stuff lol... We can see the standings and results and dont need to see managers comment on themselves and on others.

Ummm...some people want more engagement. It makes things fun and interactive. If you don't like interacting or roleplaying, just ignore it.

Posted June 17, 2018 - 07:38 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

Well Marque, many people saw my post on Howitzer forums about the GHL trade block and now teams in the GHL and SHL have been contacting me since my posts on there. There are some managers who like using messages so they don't offer some stupid trade and get themselves ignored for a while. I want to keep an open relationship with all managers, but if they don't consult me before an offer for a high rated player, I will just ignore their trade. If they do message me, I'm more inclined to accept the trade because both managers would have a back and forth negotiations going on. Just recently I have had about 3-4 conversations that have gone back and forth more than 5 times about a trade(Gator Raid, John Smith, Alexander Rasputin). I try and have at least one message to every team per season, even if it is to just talk about their team and their success and not a trade offer. I have asked many managers about their opinion on a player and that has helped me with the learning process when I first joined the game and so I want to continue it to more managers if they need any advice or anything like that. And managers like Wick (New Castle-GHL) have really improved communication in the game. He has a poll every season about the league and its players. It's fun to see what other managers think and it opens up your eyes to the possibility of learning something from veteran managers.

Posted June 18, 2018 - 05:56 PM

AlexanderRasputin

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Floater

I am with Jack and ET2018 on this. GHL/SHL managers talk well in Howitzer - I sent a number of messages regarding trades this off-season and nearly all of them received replies, most in good taste ;) . Some, like from Jack Reacher and Jusu from Stony Brook Steel, being long exchanges that were excellent and resulted in good understanding and respect on both sides. It has definitely made participating a lot more interesting for me to see other managers who are invested in more than just the mathematics of the game.

I have only managed my team for 4 seasons, but BHL and IHL were ok. Some new BHL managers like Andreas Duseault are quite communicative, but of course mostly about trades. I sent a few welcome messages to past IHL opponents that were promoted to BHL last season. So, to me, game world feed as in Soccer Manager would be a good thing - a perfect next step. This should not be a single-player game, managers should talk about a number of things, perhaps comment on standings or particular games and build an intangible layer of in-game interaction that is not only based on trades. Certainly the world has enough depth to allow it, so great to hear that it is coming in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users