GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

With only 7 games remaining (21 max points), thought it'd be fun to track teams chances going forward.  I don't have one of those fancy simulators to give % chances (feel free to add below if you do), but will at least highlight key games and when teams either clinch or get eliminated.  

1.  Protons (103 pts) - Have clinched a playoff spot for the 132nd straight year.  

2.  Vandals (102) - Are in.

3.  Pegasus (102) - Are in.

4.  Rebels (100) - Are in.

14-16, Breakouts (59), Indians (59), and Tomahawks (55) are eliminated from Top 8 but neck and neck in the battle to avoid automatic relegation.

Key Matchup tonight:

Stray Cats (78, 9th) vs Sabrecats (77, 10th).  A win by either could catapult them into 7th place.

Posted May 21, 2018 - 01:53 AM

rainsilent

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • 22 thanks
    GM Since: April 2015
Rep - Outstanding

Steam Profile

1.  Protons (103 pts) - Have clinched a playoff spot for the 132nd straight year. 

I get the strange feeling that you may have left a 0 out somewhere...

Posted May 21, 2018 - 02:45 AM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Protons and Vandals are the only teams from season 1 to be in the PO every season correct?

Posted May 21, 2018 - 03:01 AM

Erzac

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationFinland

A regulation win in the catfight tonight would be big for either team.

I still have the upcoming 4 game streak of Marauders(5th), Rebels(4th), Vandals(2nd) and Protons(1st). Can't really expect to gain too many points there.

Posted May 21, 2018 - 06:08 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium

Protons and Vandals are the only teams from season 1 to be in the PO every season correct?

My team actually is the only team that managed to get to the GHL PO every season since S1. Protons was in SHL the first season.

Posted May 21, 2018 - 06:44 AM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Okidoki. Well protons is still in the club of GHL teams that never missed PO then.

Posted May 22, 2018 - 12:07 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

My team actually is the only team that managed to get to the GHL PO every season since S1. Protons was in SHL the first season.

Sorry I missed that amazing stat and know it was not on purpose.  Maybe it is better to fly under the radar so teams aren't always gunning for you!  haha.  

Posted May 22, 2018 - 12:12 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Day 61 update:  

With the StrayCats win over the Sabercats last night, they actually pounced (see what I did there?!?) to 6th place!  Also, Vandals slid into the #1 spot again.  

Tonight's key matchup: 

#2 Pegasus (105) vs #4 Rebels (103) with either team potentially in first place with a win. 

Posted May 22, 2018 - 05:15 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium

Sorry I missed that amazing stat and know it was not on purpose.  Maybe it is better to fly under the radar so teams aren't always gunning for you!  haha.  

Exactly haha and no worries :-)

Posted May 22, 2018 - 01:35 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
And I lost 40 shots to 29 and Kio let 6 go by him. Urgh rather lose 6-3 while getting pounded

Posted May 23, 2018 - 03:49 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Day 61 update:  

With the StrayCats win over the Sabercats last night, they actually pounced (see what I did there?!?) to 6th place!  Also, Vandals slid into the #1 spot again.  

Tonight's key matchup: 

#2 Pegasus (105) vs #4 Rebels (103) with either team potentially in first place with a win. 

And in the end we managed to squeeze into 1st place. Incredible 4 teams scramble for 1st place. 5 games left and the leader is changing everyday. 

Posted May 23, 2018 - 04:11 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

And in the end we managed to squeeze into 1st place. Incredible 4 teams scramble for 1st place. 5 games left and the leader is changing everyday. 

Another big game tonight with Pegasus and Vandals too!

Posted May 23, 2018 - 02:53 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
And I really stole those points tonight

Posted May 23, 2018 - 11:26 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

And I really stole those points tonight

Feel free to give them to me tonight!  I'm 1-6 against you the past two seasons with Elite winning 2-1 in a SO last game.  You should consider resting your stars for the playoffs as I would hate to see your starting goalie or star players get hurt!

Posted May 23, 2018 - 11:43 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Just 4 games and 12 points to go.  The top 4 teams are now a lock with Protons, Pegasus, Rebels, and Vandals.  How they shake up is anyone's guess the way they have been shuffling the top two spots this past week.  Although a Vandals loss (vs Breakouts) and Protons win (vs Indians) would make it virtually impossible for Vandals to claim the #1 spot. 

A Marauders win tonight against the Miners will essentially lock in their playoff berth.  

As usual, 8th place will likely be decided by the last game of the season with 7th-10th all within 4 points still.  

Miners upset victory over Rebels last night in a SO moved them up to 12th, ahead of the going backwards Elite who are in 13th due to goals differential.  

Speaking of relegation, an Elite win (vs Pegasus) AND a Breakouts loss (vs Vandals) would essentially mean Breakouts could finish no higher than 14th.  But a win by the Breakouts would all but ensure that the Tomahawks (vs Grizzlies) will be back in the SHL next season.  

Matchups of the Night:

Breakouts at Vandals due to the impact on so many teams

But keep an eye on the scores for Volcano at Minutemen and Wolf Pack at Sabercats since both these matches may add some clarity on which teams will be sitting on their thumbs by the end of the weekend.  

Posted May 23, 2018 - 11:52 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

In the SHL, there is also some excitement brewing even though the top two teams were decided several games back.  

But there is a real battle raging for the right to try and play up as the Bangers (94 pts, 5th), Musketeer (90), Leopards (90), and Eagles (87) all are trying to stay alive to play against the Dynasty Heroes and Mohawks in the 1st round of the SHL playoffs.  

Key Matchup Tonight:  Dynasty Heroes at Leopards.  A potential first round matchup and the Leopards have taken 2 of 3 against the Heroes so far this season.  

Posted May 24, 2018 - 12:43 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Nice topic, great idea Steve. You missed your shot at commenting games. Doc Emrick of GPHM :-)

I won that game, lots of hassle so it seems. Previous 2 games I lost when being the better team, happy my team stepped up again.

Posted May 24, 2018 - 01:22 PM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

The more exciting part is Musketeers and Leopards being tied on points in SHL.... yet again near the end of the season.  Before this last round we had the same 4 teams to play as well.  For those who don't know our history 2 seasons ago we went up to SHL together tied on points and him winning the league by GD.... last season we tied again with Leopards getting home ice advantage for our playoff series by goal differential then winning the series.  I am looking to get ahead of him this season!

Posted May 24, 2018 - 06:26 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
And I lost in the most annoying way once again.
If my team has more than 40 shots I know I will eventually lose that game

Posted May 24, 2018 - 11:08 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • 3 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Only 3 games and 9 points to play with.

Marauders got the SO win against Miners last night and clinch a playoff spot.  Still a tough battle for them to stay in 5th though. 

A Sabercats victory of any kind in any of the next three games will eliminate Elite from the playoffs.  But Elite have bigger problems, playing 13th place Miners who are only 2 points behind them and have outscored them 11-4 so far this season.  But if Elite can manage to win any points tonight, Breakouts can do no better than 13th.  Any point by the Breakouts puts Tomahawks out for good.  

Tonight's key matchup:

Sabercats (8th, 83 pts) vs Volcano (9th, 81) with 8th place on the line!  If Stray Cats stumble against Vandals, winner could jump to 7th!

Over in the SHL......

In last night's key matchup, Leopards (7th, 93) continued their winning ways against Dynasty Heroes (3rd, 106) to stay alive, but Bangers (5th, 97) and Musketeers (6th, 93) also won to keep their places.  Currently the difference between 6th and 7th is only 2 goals in the differential, so every goal is crucial!  

Tonight's Key Matchups:

Thundering Herd (2nd) at Admirals (1st).  An Admirals win and they all but guarantee themselves the SHL League Championship this year.  But the Herd have won 2 of 3 so far this season, so expect some fireworks!

Another marquee battle will be Musketeers at Dynasty Heroes.  Heroes have little to lose, but Musketeers have everything to gain in their quest for the playoffs.  In their 3 games this season, 28 goals have been scored by the two teams, so have the fire department on the ready because I expect another barn burner tonight!!!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users