Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationPennsylvania
My starting goalie Rybak was injured late last season for 20+ days. Missed all of playoffs.
I finally get him back, and he gets injured in his first game for 35 days.
In addition, I have a total of 4 signed goalies, and 3 of them are injured long term.
This is ridiculous that I sign 4 goalies, and still can't maintain a healthy roster.
Is this a bug?

Posted May 17, 2018 - 09:12 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Do your goalies have a history of long term injuries?  What is their training intensity?  Are you rotating them (not letting them get tired/exhausted)?

I wouldn't say it's a bug as that can happen in real life (see Vegas this season - at one point they were playing their 4th string goalie).  But if your goalies have an injury history and you are training them on hard it could make sense.  Otherwise, you are just getting really unlucky.

A few seasons ago I had 2 goalie injuries at the same time.  One was 33 days, the other was short term.  Once that happens I make sure my training intensity goes down to easy.

Posted May 17, 2018 - 01:17 PM

duncanator

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: December 2017
Rep - Floater
  • Locationusa

I agree with you Zinny, and share your problem. In our Dangles Silver League there are usually only 7-10 human managers, several of them keep players (especially their high rated Goalies) virtually all season and while they go (Orange-Exhausted) quite frequently, they stay injury free and even play at their normal level. I constantly rotate players and only train my lineup players at Medium or Easy and I constantly have injuries ... sometimes 2-3 in a game and at least 1 of them is long term 6-30 days and is usually one of my top 3-4 players. I realize injuries are a part of the game and somewhat random, but the fact that I rotate and manage virtually game to game throughout the season and have more then the normal progression of injuries is bothersome. Just after the midpoint of last season, at one point I had 5 injured players, ( 2 ) long term (6+ days) and I checked over the rest of the league and I counted 9 injuries total from the other 15 teams ... that's irritating !!

Posted May 17, 2018 - 01:40 PM

littleb

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationMinnedosa

I don't know if this matters, but I always give an extra day to really "recover"  maybe that wouldn't help but have found quite often they are tired when they just come back, and that is a contributor to injuries I know.

Saying that I got 4 guys injured right now and have had 5 injuries in 6 games.... so something must be up with them.

Posted May 17, 2018 - 05:11 PM

zinnyzxx

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationPennsylvania

Do your goalies have a history of long term injuries?  What is their training intensity?  Are you rotating them (not letting them get tired/exhausted)?

I wouldn't say it's a bug as that can happen in real life (see Vegas this season - at one point they were playing their 4th string goalie).  But if your goalies have an injury history and you are training them on hard it could make sense.  Otherwise, you are just getting really unlucky.

A few seasons ago I had 2 goalie injuries at the same time.  One was 33 days, the other was short term.  Once that happens I make sure my training intensity goes down to easy.

I regularly rotate them, I have training on easy and their endurance is decent given the lihl level.

Posted May 17, 2018 - 05:57 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Something tells me there is a bug/glitch somewhere because that type of bad luck should be almost unheard of.

Posted May 18, 2018 - 08:28 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I regularly rotate them, I have training on easy and their endurance is decent given the lihl level.

Yeah that just sounds like some really bad luck then.  Although some players are more injury prone than others... I have a few players on my team that I know will get injured for 5-10 games almost every season.  And it really sounds like that #1 goalie of yours is very injury prone.  But also very bad luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users