Gator Raid

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Helpful
Could you maybe have a message sent out the day before the draft order releases stating the odds of each team to win? There are obviously percentages either way to determine the draft order, so why not release those numbers? It would help us see just how lucky (or unlucky) some teams get.

Posted May 09, 2018 - 07:41 PM

Jack Reacher

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationCanada

Yeah that sounds like a great idea Gator...I missed out on soo many good picks because I thought since I will be in the playoffs it wont be good and traded them away. But they turned out to be top 10 picks which were very good in that specific draft. Seeing these odds and getting used to these odds can help me try and predict if i should trade picks or not.

Posted May 10, 2018 - 03:04 PM

granpubah

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Helpful

since when do we have a draft lottery?!!!?????   A bad idea whose time has not come to my knowlege

Posted May 10, 2018 - 03:13 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable

since when do we have a draft lottery?!!!?????   A bad idea whose time has not come to my knowlege

Teams that promote and survive the relegation playoffs have a lottery for the top 4 picks in each round.

Posted May 10, 2018 - 06:32 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I think that there is a mini lottery for every 4 picks. So it's not like the best team has a chance to get the 1st pick from his own pick. I like it because teams separated by 4 picks are typically roughly even in strength and probably separated by luck in the regular season. It also adds a bit of excitement for teams finished in the off season. I dislike it because my GHL teams have always been on the losing side of the draft lottery pick :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users