Noah

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Floater

Hey not really sure whether I shoulda posted this under the game world or suggestions group but it doesn't really matter. The manager for the Spring Valley Crusaders (John Ryan) joined the ghl outta nowhere near the end of last season (which is actually pretty hype, we don't get new managers like that too often). I believe he may have made a couple signings and such during the offseason but since then he has been "on holiday." Seeing as nobody starts managing a new team and then a week later goes on a 40 day holiday I assume he probably just forgot. It's honestly no biggie cause I've probably done that before but we really should get someone to remove him from his spot so that:

1. People can trade and interact with the team again.

2. New managers can have a team in the ghl to go to (that's not destined for relegation).

Thanks guys and I'm curious to see what you all think (I assume there's a system for auto removal after certain periods of inactivity but personally I think 40 games is plenty enough).

Posted May 06, 2018 - 07:31 PM

ET2018

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable

I thought manages were removed if they've been on holiday for 9 days?

Posted May 06, 2018 - 07:41 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I thought manages were removed if they've been on holiday for 9 days?

Depends on the world.  In Biscuit (Slow) for example, a manager is put on holiday after 12 days of inactivity, then fired after another 36 days of inactivity.  Faster worlds go quicker.

This post explains it.  http://forums.gmgame...nce/?hl=holiday

Posted May 06, 2018 - 10:24 PM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSri Lanka

Depends on the world.  In Biscuit (Slow) for example, a manager is put on holiday after 12 days of inactivity, then fired after another 36 days of inactivity.  Faster worlds go quicker.

Great!  Now I know how long I can go on my end of season bender to try and forget about this season!

Posted May 07, 2018 - 06:53 AM

Noah

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: June 2016
Rep - Floater

Thanks Paul, nice to know the regulations and that seems pretty fair. I guess it hasn't been 36 days yet but it's gotta be close.

Numbers seem to make sense but one thing to consider would be how long they've been the manager for, doesn't really matter in this case but people making an account and just afk joining a bunch of team to rank up manager level seems a bit against the spirit of the game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users