Glawing

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

We have now gotten quite many responses to the poll that was sent out a couple of days ago and even if we're still expecting a few more responses I just wanted to share some quick insights with you.

So I'm glad to say that it looks like the majority will actually sign up for the $1.99 subscription! And even that no one has actually committed to anything it makes me confident enough to proceed at this point. I also want to thank for all comments posted both here and when answering the poll!

if the Free league is going to be a part of the larger world, why not include the rookie draft to it? there are a handful of players that are left over at the end of the draft anyways, add another 2 dozen to the draft, the free leagues only get 1 round and pick from the bottom of the pile, but it is something, it gives those at the bottom of the league a way to try and climb up to the top...

>Why is it that four out of the five comments that you have made on this fourm are negative and about the same subject matter? I don't know where your fifth is but I'm hoping it's all rainbows, unicorns, and teddy bears >that give each other kisses and high fives because all those posts are such a downer. If you don't like using sandpaper for toilet paper… would you keep doing it? I surely hope not… That would just suck and sounds >terrible! likewisw, if you don't like what you >see, stop staring at it! It sounds like you have some better options anyway.

Cause I'm disappointed that I can't enjoy this sim anymore and that the free option sucks. I can't pay a month to month .... so I'm on the outside. The Free option .... ya .... while I might try it will get boring quick. 

I enjoy climbing the ladder, and when I eventually win GHL league I'm in I would have started over from the bottom again just to see how quickly I could do again it the 2nd time.

Anyways, I had no idea this thing was in Beta so i feel side swiped by the whole roster reset and pay every month or GTFO deal, but at least it was a fun year or so.

>As for me and my Free Hockey team - we plan on bringing it! Besides, with all the changes it really sets up the leagues as if they are small NHL leagues. If someone wins the Stanley cup do they say, '...well fellas it's >been great but I'm >out, I can't do this crap again...'? I wish Sidney Crosby would but that's not how it goes - a challenge is as much as you make of it and I love our community so take your sandpaper butt and either get >some new TP or...no, no other options >- those are just nightmare-ish.

Cause your not playing top tier competition. The guys who are paying get to do that now. Your playing gm and coach of beer hockey league. Yaaaay. 

Do you put in Fat Joe or Lazy Larry for your goalie today. Playing with a Ciggy hanging out the helmet and all haha. 

Anyways, my point is if you compare MetroHO to this sim (in terms of free) MetroHO is clearly miles ahead, and that's what I'll go back to playing (your correct). 

There is also a bunch of fun FHL, and other league available. So I don't feel pressure to pay to enjoy hockey leagues either although I have donated to some from time to time. 

and just so I'm clear I'm not saying this sim isn't worth it in terms of being a payed thing.

There are piles of them available, and I haven't bothered to play any of them so I have no terms of comparison.

So, I'm guessing that the free locked out league is a lower than LIHL that is contained to each game world that just has no rookies?

I'll throw out a suggestion ...  what about a free, washed out, and self contained world?

Essentially a simplified, slower version with a lot of locked out features that can still be enjoyed, played and beta tested on before hitting pay worlds. 
Anytime you try to access locked out features you get reminders of what paying month to month gets you (which would help to promote the pay leagues a lot)

I would rather play a limited free world to a league that has you regulated to the corner with the special kids. Maybe that's me. 

and I have to agree with others. You should consider eventually getting an annual membership or at least 3 / 6 months.
If there was a $1 (US cash I assume) PER team on a 6 month or 12 month term (Say ....  $5 for 3 Months, $8 for 6 Months or $12 for a year US)
I'd be waaaaaaay more interested in that personally too. That way I could dump a one time payment when I had the time and interest in supporting this thing.

The Free Hockey League, or as I call it, the Frijoles Hockey League, is below the LIHL (unless the title changes with the game reboot) like you were saying. There is no draft because, as you mentioned, it is the Land of Misfit Hockey Players (Rudolph anyone?). So yes, Lazy larry and Fat Joe will be on our teams and will be required to eat 5 Tacos, drink a cerveca, and smoke a stogie while playing. NHL 2019 will be the required practice agenda...while eating chips con queso....

I can see how the draft not being included would be a bit weird but it makes sense to me because all of those I drafted players essentially have to find employment somewhere and that would be the FHL. The Free agency then becomes the draft pool for the FHL. It gives Fat Joe a chance to shed those extra pounds and maybe go up to a 7A minor league team ;)

I think we are at a point where continuing to debate about the financial details of the refresh is pointless.  Anders and Glawing have put in the time and done their research on what they think needs to happen and how they want to proceed.  They have also provided reasoning behind every decision.

I truly hope most people stick around after the release.  Especially all the managers that I currently compete against in Biscuit.  I'm not sure what to tell the folks who feel the latest offer of $1.99/month for 2 teams isn't worth it.  Implying that they should continue to put time and effort into something that others should enjoy for free just seems crazy to me.  I do feel for the people who would like to stick around, but simply can't swing it financially.  As someone who has 3 kids and was once covered in a mountain of debt, I totally understand.  Hopefully there will be a sponsor type option when this is rolled out - even if it's just for a period of time.    Kudos to the guys who brought this up and are willing to support other managers.

My last comment about the refresh, for what it's worth.  When this was initially announced in the focus group I was completely against it - and was somewhat vocal about my concerns.  But after hearing about all the work being put into it and all the improvements being made, I did a complete 180 and am now excited for it to happen. 

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

I announce that after the current or next season and before the next update , i will retire. The reason is because i have been working on my team for many seasons and i am not happy about losing all i have done after the future update. Can you imagine the NHL resetting all teams like this after some changes to the league lol... I know it might be an obligation to do this for the update but for me it is really not cool losing all my players like this. I dont feel like starting again from scratch and also having to pay for the game after losing all i had. I prefer find another game than start again here. I also dont agree with having different leagues for those who pay and having the right to be in a focus group only when contributing. I was hoping for some improvements to the game for a long time and it did not happen and what it is gonna be with the update is not what i expected. Those are the main reasons why i will quit. Good luck to everyone. This will be my last communication in the game. 

Eric The Great (aka Marque Berge20)

Victoria Kingsmen (Cherokees) Howitzer GHL 

if it is per month and not per season. monthly credits or something as a currency? then they could be donated to others? i still favor per season (up front) but understand monthly is likely better for you.

the problem with a donation would be, does every month on a certain day or every 30 days does 1 just get deducted? the other problems i guess are, would returning sponsored players have the same rate? with the different charges, 1.99 for 2 teams... i am not sure any sort of credit system works so well. Maybe its just late but it would seem to get a bit messy as to who is at what rate, charged what. If someone is a little late with their credit if they are booted off their team right away, etc. also i guess warning if a team has to end their sponsorship... If i do manage to pay my way into the main leagues, could i donate my spare spot at the special rate? or i think others mentioned a sort of buddy system. if someone has multiple teams, could a bunch of us donate out free spots to cover him? or would they need multiple real sponsors. i am too tired to deal with this. If i stay and pay and have a free spot there are certainly people i would be more than happy to have it, but that just seems like too much of a stretch. Also as i am still unsure, i dont want to leave people high and dry as theyre building a team if i have to relegate myself back down to the free league. I have a headache trying to imagine the headaches shared slots, credits, different rates etc would cause. only some of them solvable by a per season charge. 

also to be honest i would probably try to save up my credits or use them every other month to lower my rate, unless that would cancel the special rate... I need to stop typing at odd hours of the night... long story of this post summed up. Credits might not work so well as a sponsorship option. 

Per season charge would be messy for anything other than slow worlds. Monthly is best

Don't disagree with you but it does incentivize doing faster leagues to get more bang for your buck.

I noticed that each league will have more teams.  I am in bronze league in Biscuit. Can I move up to Silver if I choose?  I missed my chance (again) to advance during this last playoff  :(       Or will we be all moved over to the corresponding league in the new release.  Just wondering how those new spots will be filled.

Even in the last season before reset there are still abusive trades being made in Biscuit. And the trade I'm talking about is not even for discussion. I hope this will get sorted with the fall release or get a major upgrade as well. Thanks for all the hard work.

Don't disagree with you but it does incentivize doing faster leagues to get more bang for your buck.

It depends how lifeless your life is. I'm not saying this with any malice, but I did try a normal speed world when I first joined. Two games a day was already way too much for me. I usually missed the other one completely because of work. Slow world is the only good way for me to go. With the prices presented, I feel everybody gets a lot for very little money. My normal MMORPG takes $15 a month, and while these two are not really something to compare, $2 is mere change. Ridiculously cheap for the entertainment this game provides.

Deadwing to use your terms , depending how lifeless your life is , maybe you wont find the game as entertaining as others do and maybe your 2 bucks wont feel as cheap. This is a very personal thing. 2$ compared to free does make a difference. Some dont have any money to play like some kids who play here and some like me might not want having to pay and lose their team after the update. The game is entertaining but not at the same level for everyone. Some might even find it boring. You know there are some hockey managing games out there where you actually see your players playing the game live. Someone who comes from this type of game might be dissapointed here. There are other free games out there and not everyone want to pay when they can have the possibility to play for free elsewhere. Im not talking about you necessarily but i dont like when i see someone trying to talk for everyone. We dont all think the same way. Otherwise life would be really boring... We always have to think that some are different and not try to speak for everyone and forget those who dont think the same way. I am a bit surprised here that most dont seem to care to lose their actual team after the update. I could be wrong but i did not see much complaints about it. You see for me it is a big dissapointment. I been here for over 30 seasons and i am in GHL and i feel really bad about losing my team i have been building for many seasons. Starting back from scratch is fun for some but not for everyone. It all depends of our experiences and many other things. Some here have won multiple championships season after season. Im sure they dont feel so excited when its the 20th. The guy who wins the first time after a few years of play wont feel the same at all... You see i had the feeling that my team was getting better and that eventually i would win the championship but now with the update i will lose all i been working for and its not cool at all. Never forget that we dont all feel things the same way. It is also not just a matter of money.

Deadwing to use your terms , depending how lifeless your life is , maybe you wont find the game as entertaining as others do and maybe your 2 bucks wont feel as cheap. This is a very personal thing. 2$ compared to free does make a difference. Some dont have any money to play like some kids who play here and some like me might not want having to pay and lose their team after the update. The game is entertaining but not at the same level for everyone. Some might even find it boring. You know there are some hockey managing games out there where you actually see your players playing the game live. Someone who comes from this type of game might be dissapointed here. There are other free games out there and not everyone want to pay when they can have the possibility to play for free elsewhere. Im not talking about you necessarily but i dont like when i see someone trying to talk for everyone. We dont all think the same way. Otherwise life would be really boring... We always have to think that some are different and not try to speak for everyone and forget those who dont think the same way. I am a bit surprised here that most dont seem to care to lose their actual team after the update. I could be wrong but i did not see much complaints about it. You see for me it is a big dissapointment. I been here for over 30 seasons and i am in GHL and i feel really bad about losing my team i have been building for many seasons. Starting back from scratch is fun for some but not for everyone. It all depends of our experiences and many other things. Some here have won multiple championships season after season. Im sure they dont feel so excited when its the 20th. The guy who wins the first time after a few years of play wont feel the same at all... You see i had the feeling that my team was getting better and that eventually i would win the championship but now with the update i will lose all i been working for and its not cool at all. Never forget that we dont all feel things the same way. It is also not just a matter of money.

No use in complaining about it now. Anders already made his decision. Threatening to quit, quitting then coming back, ranting, etc, won't change anything. Don't be cheap.

Man, that's an impressive wall of text.  :blink:  Like I said, two games was too much for me. I still think $2 is just pocket change. If it's too much— move on. When it comes down to the guy running the game needs to make some money vs. pulling the plug, I'll take the former instead of latter at any given time. Pouring all this heartache on me doesn't really change the facts. Maybe you didn't mean it, but sort of quoting me in the beginning of your wall makes it surely seem like it.

It depends how lifeless your life is. I'm not saying this with any malice, but I did try a normal speed world when I first joined. Two games a day was already way too much for me. I usually missed the other one completely because of work. Slow world is the only good way for me to go. With the prices presented, I feel everybody gets a lot for very little money. My normal MMORPG takes $15 a month, and while these two are not really something to compare, $2 is mere change. Ridiculously cheap for the entertainment this game provides.

I didn't really mean it as a complaint, I was just interested in the economics behind it that might drive someones decision making.  I can certainly afford the $2 (although the Mrs. won't love it lol), its just the accountant in me is intrigued by the costing.  I'm in a two games a day world now and its sometimes a bit much for me to manage to the level of detail I want to with a job and baby and everything so not sure if I bite the bullet and try a fast league or maybe slow it down.

Honestly DSMM, if you find at all that the 2 games a day worlds are too much the 4 games a day will absolutely destroy you.  I play in both and found the same as you, 2 is manageable most times.  4 games is just too much to focus on it, my accountant mind hates the lack of attention i can give it so don't take it too seriously and stay there letting it run 2 or sometimes 3 games in a row without even looking at it.  I can promise you wouldn't be happy with it.  

There is a lot of stuff to read here so forgive me if I'm asking a question thats already been asked... Is PayPal going to be a payment option?

Been pretty busy so haven't been very active but trying to keep up. Just wanted to throw out some support. 

I'm extremely excited for the reset. I just think it makes sense since there has been so many improvements to the game engine and player development. Establishing a new baseline just seems logical.

Completely on board with supporting Anders. No one really knows how much time Anders has put into this game but Anders and those helping him develop it. I'm a huge fan of his vision for this an I am happy to see him finally get compensated accordingly. 

I've been a big advocate for those that are committed to this game, the real die hards, are the ones that are going to help move it forward. If that means long time guys leave, well that's the way it has to be. We've been fortunate enough to have been able to play this for free for years now and Anders has even taken measures to try and bring down the price. I think the price should be whatever he feels he needs to develop his vision and if that isn't incentive enough then leave. Everyone that sees this through will be able to reap the rewards of it.

I don't think there has been a single instance where Anders hasn't shown us that he's committed to making this the best user experience possible and that was without compensation. Very excited to see what he can accomplish when this project isn't a financial burden on him and his team. 

-Wick

No use in complaining about it now. Anders already made his decision. Threatening to quit, quitting then coming back, ranting, etc, won't change anything. Don't be cheap.

I did not threat about leaving. I said i will leave in another message. Im waiting for the update to leave because i dont want to lose my team and have to pay to start from scratch. Thats what makes me quit because losing my team i been building for many seasons. Money is not the only thing. We dont think all the same way and thats what i wanted to say. Some here seem to think they are the only ones on the planet or something and that everyone should think the same and they dont respect others and this is very sad. Isolating others that dont think the same does not help at all and just make things even worse. I think everyones opinion is important and personally i wanted to share what i think even if its not what the majority might think and i could just not care and say nothing but this is not how i am. I believe that it also helps to know what those who dont agree think and im not just talking about here in the game but anywhere else too. Thats how you can make things better when trying to include everyone.

Some here seem to think they are the only ones on the planet or something and that everyone should think the same...

Little bit of irony here...

You're not the only one who will be upset that your team will be lost. I'll be upset and I know others will be as well, I mean I've had my slow world team for about 2 years now and brought it from the LIHL to the GHL and have even managed to win a cup one season and finish 1st the next. 

However, the more I think about it, the more I agree with the reset. I've known for a long time the consensus was that prospects were too strong and creating too many superstars. That seems to have finally been fixed but without a reset would continue influencing (slow) worlds for another 4 to 5 real years, potentially more. That's not fair for the newer GHL teams. Plus since there won't be as many stars coming up and most vets still don't degrade soon enough, stronger teams won't have any reason to make any moves as they will likely just make their teams weaker. That would make the game stale and also create less communication between players.

It's going to be heartbreaking, especially for the managers who've just barely come short. Fortunately, resets almost never happen and happen less and less as the game gets updated and fixed.