Photo

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

• Please log in to reply

Posted September 30, 2018 - 03:20 PM

clyde

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater

Thank you for the update. 

There seems to be a large number of commenters who want the game to remain free, I can understand your feelings. The problem is that Anders needs money to pay to keep the game up and develop it. If you don't want to have to pay then the only other option that I can see is for you to find ways for Anders to pay for his costs without charging the game players. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm all ears for those ideas.

Posted September 30, 2018 - 03:35 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

Thank you for the update. 

There seems to be a large number of commenters who want the game to remain free, I can understand your feelings. The problem is that Anders needs money to pay to keep the game up and develop it. If you don't want to have to pay then the only other option that I can see is for you to find ways for Anders to pay for his costs without charging the game players. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm all ears for those ideas.

As a player, you are the consumer of the entertainment offered. Makes sense you pay for it just like paying at McDonald's for you crappy cheeseburger and a bonus fry. Most of the comments are fairly old by now, so let's keep the subject buried. If the dead horse could die twice from all the beating, it would've done so already.

Posted September 30, 2018 - 03:57 PM

clyde

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

Interesting thought Deadwing, ignore the customers until they are happy with the product. That is truly unique, thank you for the thought.

Posted October 02, 2018 - 09:39 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding
I agree with Deadwing, in that the beatdown of this subject is way past Hamburger stages - which for me to say that in regard to a dead horse is like spewing treason as I live in Kentucky...but none the less; Clyde, this subject has been discussed ad nauseam. It isn't disregarding what you're saying...just asking you to get current with the past so we don't have to repeat the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over...BARF!
...I still don't feel the same about the cheeseburger comment, however ;)

Posted October 02, 2018 - 12:24 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

My wife is from Kentucky, and I know for a fact you can find excellent burgers there. Much better than the McDonald's, excuse me for the lack of a better word but, crap. :) Just to be clear here, I have absolutely nothing against a tasty burger.  ^_^

Posted October 02, 2018 - 12:58 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Haha - yeah, I love a good burger...while I can't say that I don't rarely eat a McD Cheseburger, (my childhood holds strong) I'd say horse as burger is a big no-no ;)

Posted October 02, 2018 - 01:28 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Okay, fair enough.  :P

Posted October 02, 2018 - 04:43 PM

Smashvilles4Realz

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Reliable

Sorry, I'm from Tennessee and I've never heard anything about burgers in Kentucky being anything special. Fried chicken on the other hand...........

Posted October 02, 2018 - 08:10 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Oh yeah - buckets of fried chicken (cue the extra a crispy colonel)...

...and this thread is now hijacked by talks of cheeseburgers and fried chicken! Love it!

Posted October 03, 2018 - 05:31 AM

clyde

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

It is interesting to see what is, and what is not, on topic. 

Posted October 13, 2018 - 03:21 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

By the way, just to get back on topic, please keep the feature where you can change the player number to whatever you want. I know some GM's have said it's a useless feature, but I really like it. I like to give special numbers to my key players... #27 for leading defensemen like Niedermayer.. #8 to well performing snipers a la Ovechkin / Selanne... or #12 like Iginla.. It's just a brilliant feature and I love it.

Posted October 13, 2018 - 03:52 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

By the way, just to get back on topic, please keep the feature where you can change the player number to whatever you want. I know some GM's have said it's a useless feature, but I really like it. I like to give special numbers to my key players... #27 for leading defensemen like Niedermayer.. #8 to well performing snipers a la Ovechkin / Selanne... or #12 like Iginla.. It's just a brilliant feature and I love it.

I agree. I number my players like a soccer team (#1 for starting goalie, 2-5 for the best defensemen, etc). It's a nice neature to have.

Posted October 15, 2018 - 01:45 AM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 180 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Yes of course!

You will still be able to change numbers on your players!

Also a big Selanne fan here! ;)

Posted October 15, 2018 - 01:17 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Yes of course!

You will still be able to change numbers on your players!

Also a big Selanne fan here! ;)

This is good news! I never managed to find a first line center that I've been reserving the number #21 for.. but maybe after the reset I will. There's only one great #21 that I'm aware of, and that's Peter Forsberg of course.

Posted October 15, 2018 - 08:37 PM

jdonutken

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater
  • LocationLouisbourg

This is good news! I never managed to find a first line center that I've been reserving the number #21 for.. but maybe after the reset I will. There's only one great #21 that I'm aware of, and that's Peter Forsberg of course.

Perhaps you've followed the NHL long enough to recognize the late, great HOF center, Stan Mikita, Chicago Blackhawks, who wore #21...  ;)

Posted October 15, 2018 - 11:58 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Perhaps you've followed the NHL long enough to recognize the late, great HOF center, Stan Mikita, Chicago Blackhawks, who wore #21...  ;)

Ah yes, the brilliant tool wiz who built the company Makita - I dig their drills!

Posted October 16, 2018 - 05:01 AM

clyde

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

Big Borje Salming fan here #21.

Posted October 16, 2018 - 01:25 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Reliable

I know the guy, but I didn't know he wore #21. I was 3 years old when Mikita retired. Did you know he died in August of this year? Another legend bites dust, although he was at a respectable age of 78 or something like that.

I can vaguely remember Borje Salming, but he's not really the generation I learned to know from Swedish hockey players. I got to see the heyday of Forsberg, Daniel Alfredsson, Mats Sundin,  Markus Naslund and Nicklas Lidstrom. I was always so jealous at Sweden for having such superior players compared to us (Finland). Now the situation is very different, which makes it more interesting when Finland and Sweden play against each other.

Posted October 16, 2018 - 04:59 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

There's a lot of contenders, but the greatest C of all time is Igor Larionov -

pbt5qNp.jpg

Posted October 16, 2018 - 07:26 PM

clyde

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

My favorite, wish I had seen him play. George Armstrong.

hkn-jets-maple-leafs-20150221.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users