Photo

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Posted August 17, 2018 - 10:59 AM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 259 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding
Once again thanks for all feedback! We doing our best to keep up to date in all topics. This thread we are a bit behind but we wanted to post this anyway.

We understand that everyone can't agree with the fact that you after the release will need to pay for this game. As mentioned before the other option was to take it offline. We can't manage the game totally for free. With that said we still offer a free league were you can try and/or continue to play.

We care about our players of course and listen to all your suggestions. And even if things can change in the future we think a subscription plan is the only way to go at this point.

Some of you are reaching out and asked about sponsoring other players as well. We are looking into this and will be sorting some kind of solution. If you wanna help a fellow teammate you should of course be able to do so. We just so happy there are so kind people out there! =)

Regarding one time fees we don't think we can offer yearly subscriptions at this point. As you, we are not sure where this new release will take us. How many will sign up and not? So from the start we will take things slow and only offer monthly subscriptions. Example below.

Lets say you pay for a year but only a few other managers subscribes. That would be so boring! So before we know there will be enough managers to make this game fun and enjoyable we will not offer a year subscription. But of course when we got enough we hope to offer you both subscription plans!

Posted August 17, 2018 - 01:38 PM

PT101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Floater
I'm still not convinced that the free league is better than others available, but it is of course yours do whatever you want. I cant pay and the free league will get boring quick (once you win what's the point) so I know where I'll be. I hope it goes well for you though. All the best.

Posted August 17, 2018 - 03:06 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

I'm still not convinced that the free league is better than others available, but it is of course yours do whatever you want. I cant pay and the free league will get boring quick (once you win what's the point) so I know where I'll be. I hope it goes well for you though. All the best.

Why is it that four out of the five comments that you have made on this fourm are negative and about the same subject matter? I don't know where your fifth is but I'm hoping it's all rainbows, unicorns, and teddy bears that give each other kisses and high fives because all those posts are such a downer. If you don't like using sandpaper for toilet paper… would you keep doing it? I surely hope not… That would just suck and sounds terrible! likewisw, if you don't like what you see, stop staring at it! It sounds like you have some better options anyway.

As for me and my Free Hockey team - we plan on bringing it! Besides, with all the changes it really sets up the leagues as if they are small NHL leagues. If someone wins the Stanley cup do they say, '...well fellas it's been great but I'm out, I can't do this crap again...'? I wish Sidney Crosby would but that's not how it goes - a challenge is as much as you make of it and I love our community so take your sandpaper butt and either get some new TP or...no, no other options - those are just nightmare-ish.

Posted August 17, 2018 - 03:06 PM

Mark Z

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Regarding one time fees we don't think we can offer yearly subscriptions at this point. As you, we are not sure where this new release will take us. How many will sign up and not? So from the start we will take things slow and only offer monthly subscriptions. Example below.

Lets say you pay for a year but only a few other managers subscribes. That would be so boring! So before we know there will be enough managers to make this game fun and enjoyable we will not offer a year subscription. But of course when we got enough we hope to offer you both subscription plans!

-----------

I would like to pay you once a year, instead of month after month. Just take my$25.00 and mark me off as paid for a year. Continue with the month by month for those who need that option.  IF it fails( it should not)  and it does not work out, then keep my $25.00  . how does that sound?

Posted August 17, 2018 - 03:18 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1594 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

-----------

I would like to pay you once a year, instead of month after month. Just take my$25.00 and mark me off as paid for a year. Continue with the month by month for those who need that option.  IF it fails( it should not)  and it does not work out, then keep my $25.00  . how does that sound?

That's very generous of you Mark! But it comes down to what's possible and what's going to be the easiest for us. We don't want to add extra administration at this point.

Posted August 17, 2018 - 03:34 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1594 posts
  • 161 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

We have now gotten quite many responses to the poll that was sent out a couple of days ago and even if we're still expecting a few more responses I just wanted to share some quick insights with you.

So I'm glad to say that it looks like the majority will actually sign up for the $1.99 subscription! And even that no one has actually committed to anything it makes me confident enough to proceed at this point. I also want to thank for all comments posted both here and when answering the poll!

Posted August 17, 2018 - 05:26 PM

bremitt

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: July 2017
Rep - Helpful

if the Free league is going to be a part of the larger world, why not include the rookie draft to it? there are a handful of players that are left over at the end of the draft anyways, add another 2 dozen to the draft, the free leagues only get 1 round and pick from the bottom of the pile, but it is something, it gives those at the bottom of the league a way to try and climb up to the top...

Posted August 17, 2018 - 10:44 PM

PT101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

>Why is it that four out of the five comments that you have made on this fourm are negative and about the same subject matter? I don't know where your fifth is but I'm hoping it's all rainbows, unicorns, and teddy bears >that give each other kisses and high fives because all those posts are such a downer. If you don't like using sandpaper for toilet paper… would you keep doing it? I surely hope not… That would just suck and sounds >terrible! likewisw, if you don't like what you >see, stop staring at it! It sounds like you have some better options anyway.

Cause I'm disappointed that I can't enjoy this sim anymore and that the free option sucks. I can't pay a month to month .... so I'm on the outside. The Free option .... ya .... while I might try it will get boring quick. 
I enjoy climbing the ladder, and when I eventually win GHL league I'm in I would have started over from the bottom again just to see how quickly I could do again it the 2nd time.
Anyways, I had no idea this thing was in Beta so i feel side swiped by the whole roster reset and pay every month or GTFO deal, but at least it was a fun year or so.

>As for me and my Free Hockey team - we plan on bringing it! Besides, with all the changes it really sets up the leagues as if they are small NHL leagues. If someone wins the Stanley cup do they say, '...well fellas it's >been great but I'm >out, I can't do this crap again...'? I wish Sidney Crosby would but that's not how it goes - a challenge is as much as you make of it and I love our community so take your sandpaper butt and either get >some new TP or...no, no other options >- those are just nightmare-ish.

Cause your not playing top tier competition. The guys who are paying get to do that now. Your playing gm and coach of beer hockey league. Yaaaay. 

Do you put in Fat Joe or Lazy Larry for your goalie today. Playing with a Ciggy hanging out the helmet and all haha. 

Anyways, my point is if you compare MetroHO to this sim (in terms of free) MetroHO is clearly miles ahead, and that's what I'll go back to playing (your correct). 
There is also a bunch of fun FHL, and other league available. So I don't feel pressure to pay to enjoy hockey leagues either although I have donated to some from time to time. 

and just so I'm clear I'm not saying this sim isn't worth it in terms of being a payed thing.
There are piles of them available, and I haven't bothered to play any of them so I have no terms of comparison.

Posted August 18, 2018 - 12:08 AM

PT101

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Floater

So, I'm guessing that the free locked out league is a lower than LIHL that is contained to each game world that just has no rookies?

I'll throw out a suggestion ...  what about a free, washed out, and self contained world?

Essentially a simplified, slower version with a lot of locked out features that can still be enjoyed, played and beta tested on before hitting pay worlds. 
Anytime you try to access locked out features you get reminders of what paying month to month gets you (which would help to promote the pay leagues a lot)

I would rather play a limited free world to a league that has you regulated to the corner with the special kids. Maybe that's me. 

and I have to agree with others. You should consider eventually getting an annual membership or at least 3 / 6 months.
If there was a $1 (US cash I assume) PER team on a 6 month or 12 month term (Say ....  $5 for 3 Months, $8 for 6 Months or $12 for a year US)
I'd be waaaaaaay more interested in that personally too. That way I could dump a one time payment when I had the time and interest in supporting this thing.

Posted August 18, 2018 - 09:43 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
The Free Hockey League, or as I call it, the Frijoles Hockey League, is below the LIHL (unless the title changes with the game reboot) like you were saying. There is no draft because, as you mentioned, it is the Land of Misfit Hockey Players (Rudolph anyone?). So yes, Lazy larry and Fat Joe will be on our teams and will be required to eat 5 Tacos, drink a cerveca, and smoke a stogie while playing. NHL 2019 will be the required practice agenda...while eating chips con queso....

I can see how the draft not being included would be a bit weird but it makes sense to me because all of those I drafted players essentially have to find employment somewhere and that would be the FHL. The Free agency then becomes the draft pool for the FHL. It gives Fat Joe a chance to shed those extra pounds and maybe go up to a 7A minor league team ;)

Posted August 18, 2018 - 11:29 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

I think we are at a point where continuing to debate about the financial details of the refresh is pointless.  Anders and Glawing have put in the time and done their research on what they think needs to happen and how they want to proceed.  They have also provided reasoning behind every decision.

I truly hope most people stick around after the release.  Especially all the managers that I currently compete against in Biscuit.  I'm not sure what to tell the folks who feel the latest offer of $1.99/month for 2 teams isn't worth it.  Implying that they should continue to put time and effort into something that others should enjoy for free just seems crazy to me.  I do feel for the people who would like to stick around, but simply can't swing it financially.  As someone who has 3 kids and was once covered in a mountain of debt, I totally understand.  Hopefully there will be a sponsor type option when this is rolled out - even if it's just for a period of time.    Kudos to the guys who brought this up and are willing to support other managers.

My last comment about the refresh, for what it's worth.  When this was initially announced in the focus group I was completely against it - and was somewhat vocal about my concerns.  But after hearing about all the work being put into it and all the improvements being made, I did a complete 180 and am now excited for it to happen. 

*BISCUIT - SEASON 16 - TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted August 18, 2018 - 09:42 PM

Eric The Great

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Helpful

I announce that after the current or next season and before the next update , i will retire. The reason is because i have been working on my team for many seasons and i am not happy about losing all i have done after the future update. Can you imagine the NHL resetting all teams like this after some changes to the league lol... I know it might be an obligation to do this for the update but for me it is really not cool losing all my players like this. I dont feel like starting again from scratch and also having to pay for the game after losing all i had. I prefer find another game than start again here. I also dont agree with having different leagues for those who pay and having the right to be in a focus group only when contributing. I was hoping for some improvements to the game for a long time and it did not happen and what it is gonna be with the update is not what i expected. Those are the main reasons why i will quit. Good luck to everyone. This will be my last communication in the game. 

Eric The Great (aka Marque Berge20)

Victoria Kingsmen (Cherokees) Howitzer GHL 

Posted August 19, 2018 - 12:44 AM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Auf Weidersehen

Posted August 21, 2018 - 02:49 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

if it is per month and not per season. monthly credits or something as a currency? then they could be donated to others? i still favor per season (up front) but understand monthly is likely better for you.

the problem with a donation would be, does every month on a certain day or every 30 days does 1 just get deducted? the other problems i guess are, would returning sponsored players have the same rate? with the different charges, 1.99 for 2 teams... i am not sure any sort of credit system works so well. Maybe its just late but it would seem to get a bit messy as to who is at what rate, charged what. If someone is a little late with their credit if they are booted off their team right away, etc. also i guess warning if a team has to end their sponsorship... If i do manage to pay my way into the main leagues, could i donate my spare spot at the special rate? or i think others mentioned a sort of buddy system. if someone has multiple teams, could a bunch of us donate out free spots to cover him? or would they need multiple real sponsors. i am too tired to deal with this. If i stay and pay and have a free spot there are certainly people i would be more than happy to have it, but that just seems like too much of a stretch. Also as i am still unsure, i dont want to leave people high and dry as theyre building a team if i have to relegate myself back down to the free league. I have a headache trying to imagine the headaches shared slots, credits, different rates etc would cause. only some of them solvable by a per season charge. 

also to be honest i would probably try to save up my credits or use them every other month to lower my rate, unless that would cancel the special rate... I need to stop typing at odd hours of the night... long story of this post summed up. Credits might not work so well as a sponsorship option. 

Posted August 21, 2018 - 03:48 AM

Gammgubben

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Reliable
As long as the monthly cost is done with anything else than Patreon.
Fees to high

Posted August 21, 2018 - 09:39 AM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Per season charge would be messy for anything other than slow worlds. Monthly is best

Posted August 21, 2018 - 10:44 AM

DSMM

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2018
Rep - Floater

Per season charge would be messy for anything other than slow worlds. Monthly is best

Don't disagree with you but it does incentivize doing faster leagues to get more bang for your buck.

Posted August 22, 2018 - 08:18 AM

Mark Z

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I noticed that each league will have more teams.  I am in bronze league in Biscuit. Can I move up to Silver if I choose?  I missed my chance (again) to advance during this last playoff  :(       Or will we be all moved over to the corresponding league in the new release.  Just wondering how those new spots will be filled.

Posted August 26, 2018 - 07:05 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
Even in the last season before reset there are still abusive trades being made in Biscuit. And the trade I'm talking about is not even for discussion. I hope this will get sorted with the fall release or get a major upgrade as well. Thanks for all the hard work.

Posted August 26, 2018 - 08:27 AM

Deadwing

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Don't disagree with you but it does incentivize doing faster leagues to get more bang for your buck.

It depends how lifeless your life is. I'm not saying this with any malice, but I did try a normal speed world when I first joined. Two games a day was already way too much for me. I usually missed the other one completely because of work. Slow world is the only good way for me to go. With the prices presented, I feel everybody gets a lot for very little money. My normal MMORPG takes $15 a month, and while these two are not really something to compare, $2 is mere change. Ridiculously cheap for the entertainment this game provides.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users