Photo

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

• Please log in to reply

Posted August 10, 2018 - 09:43 AM

zinnyzxx

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania

EDIT by Anders August 7, 2018

I have now finally finished a new blog post that will hopefully shed some light over the upcoming release this fall. 

The blog post is divided into two parts:

Part 1 - The features
Part 2 - The business

And here's a sneak peak of the new design (work in progress). (Also available in the blog post)
http://www.gameplanh...ts/fall2018.png

---------------------

ORIGINAL post by Tobias April 28, 2018

Hi all of you!
Right now we are a bit quiet here on the forums and in general.
That’s because we working with a lot of things in the backgrounds. Not generally things you notice in game but performance and future plans are in the making.
We recently received some new hardware so the game will run smoother/faster and more stable.
We are reading as much reports and suggestions as possible. Because we want your opinion in developing.
Keep enjoying the game and be fair and nice to eachother!
//Tobias

So with this new update and removal of all star account, will that do away with the focus group too?

Posted August 10, 2018 - 09:53 AM

zinnyzxx

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
I don't get all the upset over the subscription. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm on here playing probably 3 times a day, spending anywhere from 5 minutes to 30min each day.
The amount of time I put into this, and how fun it is, 3.50 a month is penny change.
I know money is an issue for people, but we're talking a happy meal a month.

On a related note, can you give more than 3.50? Devs deserve more for what they're putting out.

Posted August 10, 2018 - 10:38 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: September 2015
Rep - Outstanding

I don't get all the upset over the subscription. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm on here playing probably 3 times a day, spending anywhere from 5 minutes to 30min each day.
The amount of time I put into this, and how fun it is, 3.50 a month is penny change.
I know money is an issue for people, but we're talking a happy meal a month.
On a related note, can you give more than 3.50? Devs deserve more for what they're putting out.

Zinyxx, I don't disagree that developers need to get paid for how much time goes into the process but I don't feel as if we can minimalize people's situations when referring to 'penny change'. Could I afford to make that $3.50 happen - I probably could but considering I have other financial priorities, it's just not wise. Besides, I could use that $3.50 penny change to cover ONE of my kid's 'happy meals'.

Posted August 10, 2018 - 02:04 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1412 posts
  • 149 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Thanks for all your comments and honest feedback. Really appreciate it! We do share some of your concerns and have a few new suggestions that we will add to the current release plan. I will post them here soon.

Posted August 10, 2018 - 05:10 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1412 posts
  • 149 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

The Blog post part 2 has now been updated with the following.

Price for an subscription is changed from $3.50 -> $2.99 / month. No big change I know.

But here's the real news. (Copy paste from the blog post).

---

Special offer to all our current users

We really want to show our appreciation to all of you who currently play this game and to keep as many of you as we possibly can. That’s why all of our current users, that sign up within the first month after the release, will be offered a lifetime $1.99 subscription plan PLUS getting one extra team for free. That is two teams for $1.99/month. 

Note that secondary teams must be created in a different game world.

Free leagues
The subscription plan described above is required for participating in the main competition (LIHL -> GHL). But we also  want to offer some free to play option. 

That’s why we will introduce a separate league structure called Free Hockey Leagues (FHL) within each and every game world. These leagues will be below LIHL level attracting players around 40-60 overall. Leagues will be completely free for users to play in, no subscription required. Teams can not promote from this leagues but there will be a playoff after the regular season with a designated winner. 

Most but not all features will be available in these leagues. For instance is youth draft not available but trades are. 

Even if separate FHL will play an important part of the game world since teams in the league will interact and sign free agents from the same free agent pool as the competition leagues. This means that they will help create world history, for instance players evolving in free leagues continuing their career in higher leagues.

---

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted August 10, 2018 - 05:26 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Just out of curiosity, is there any way at all where you wouldn't have to enforce a subscription fee?

Posted August 10, 2018 - 07:37 PM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
Anders, I'm really digging that! Those are some great ideas! I'll have to see if I'll go with the 'veteran' plan but that, at the least, means one team will be attempting to dominate the FHL.

Other FHL name suggestions:

Flugelhorn League
Fire Hole League
Flaming Hamburger League
Fuego Huevos League

Posted August 10, 2018 - 11:21 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 472 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I know others have stated this, and I will agree with them, I don't mind having ads in the game.  An unobtrusive side bar or top bar ad isn't that big of a deal, and it will generate a little extra revenue for the devs.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted August 11, 2018 - 01:29 AM

neuralhandshake

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2016
Rep - Reliable

Steam Profile

While I can swing $1.99 for two teams MUCH easier, I'd still love an option where we use ads and don't have to pay at all. Or one where we pay a lump sum for a 'lifetime subscription' that saves generously on month to month costs.

I've just been playing for two years now and if I keep playing at $2 a month, that's still going to add up.

Posted August 11, 2018 - 02:54 AM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1412 posts
  • 149 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
It’s very hard to get ads to work unless you have a huge user base. Very few people click ads and they clutter the game. It’s not an option for us right now.

A one time fee would create too much of obligations on both parties. At this point we doesn’t know how things will turn out and therefore is a monthly subscription the way to go in my opinion.

I believe it’s also hard to compare a subscription on an online game with a regular console game. You don’t buy the online game, you pay for using the service. The online game evolves, the game you payed for a few years ago isn’t the same online game that you pay for today. All updates are included in the fee. An console game is outdated quite fast. This is my opinion and I understand that others may feel differently.

Posted August 11, 2018 - 03:00 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium

Ok guys, I really think Anders and Tobias did an amazing effort here. To be honest, I would probably stopped playing if the original fees would be activated. And I'm playing this game for over 3 years now. But this is a different story, they listened to our feedback and made a very nice compromise. I don't know a lot, if any, game developers who would do this. 

I'm sure a lot of you would consider paying $1.99 a month now and rightfully so. And if not, there's a free league as well, so everybody happy. In my opinion there is no need to check for ads so that we can play for free. I think they deserve credits and compensation for their hard work. I always learned that only the sun goes up for nothing, if you know what I mean ;-)

Just let that sink in and maybe wait until we've all tried the new engine and options. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Posted August 11, 2018 - 09:43 AM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

Zinyxx, I don't disagree that developers need to get paid for how much time goes into the process but I don't feel as if we can minimalize people's situations when referring to 'penny change'. Could I afford to make that $3.50 happen - I probably could but considering I have other financial priorities, it's just not wise. Besides, I could use that $3.50 penny change to cover ONE of my kid's 'happy meals'.

You can't be serious?

Posted August 11, 2018 - 09:45 AM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

Ok guys, I really think Anders and Tobias did an amazing effort here. To be honest, I would probably stopped playing if the original fees would be activated. And I'm playing this game for over 3 years now. But this is a different story, they listened to our feedback and made a very nice compromise. I don't know a lot, if any, game developers who would do this. 

I'm sure a lot of you would consider paying $1.99 a month now and rightfully so. And if not, there's a free league as well, so everybody happy. In my opinion there is no need to check for ads so that we can play for free. I think they deserve credits and compensation for their hard work. I always learned that only the sun goes up for nothing, if you know what I mean ;-)

Just let that sink in and maybe wait until we've all tried the new engine and options. I'm sure it will be worth it.

That's ridiculously low price. I would've happily paid 3,50, but this is even better.

Posted August 11, 2018 - 10:29 AM

Smashvilles4Realz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

just curious, is there a yearly subscription option? i could see myself dropping like $25 for the entire year as opposed to a monthly fee.Plus i figure having a years worth of someones subscription money up front cant be a bad thing financially for the devs.

I've been going back and forth on it. it's a bit of a gamble i feel. on one hand you have all the potential of the new engine/new look, on the other hand there's potential of 50-60% exodus of the games current users, which could make for a more boring gaming experience (one we are all paying for now).

I really do feel like the dev team is really trying to make this work. i don't envy their position on this one but you got to do what you got to do. i also see why some people have an issue with shelling out their hard earned. (identity theft is a big one for me. sometimes you have to weigh risk/reward when it comes to online purchases.) That being said, i could see myself dishing out $25/yr to play. i think that's fair. I'd also like to see a smart phone app in the works. I think that's fair. (my .02)

Posted August 11, 2018 - 10:29 AM

EXXEO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 7 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

You can't be serious?

What is this, a hockey version of the Dark Knight? Yes, I'm serious - it's not like I'm working on my standup routine here - well unless my life is that comical, then maybe I should!

Listen, I was bummed that Anders lowered the $3.50 price because I thought that was a fair ask and even thought that $4.00 or $5.00 would be acceptable for how much work they do. I'm not trying to downplay that whatsoever, in fact, I'd like to think I'm in their corner on that matter.

I was simply trying to state that we can't say (or insinuate) that people are dumb for not wanting to pay to play. I'm the only income that comes into our household and I occasionally work more than one job and am in the middle of other Business plannings. Raising one ravenous kid is not cheap, let alone two. On top of that we are trying to reduce our student loans because if anyone has ever had $30K + hanging on your shoulders as dead weight, you know it just bogs you down mentally and financially! If you have like a few grand lying around Deadwing please let me know and I can make an investment in reducing that amount ;)

I'm not trying to call anyone stupid in any of my posts, just stating plainly that everyone is in a different stage of life. My family is not in a bad spot compared to others that may be here, so yes, I'm 100% serious Heath Ledger.

Let's just chill out and enjoy the game.

Ooh, another name idea:

Frijoles Hockey League: winners of the season brandish the coveted Frijole Mole Trophy and all players get a year supply of beans from Walmart!

Posted August 11, 2018 - 11:43 AM

Mark Z

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

We really want to show our appreciation to all of you who currently play this game and to keep as many of you as we possibly can. That’s why all of our current users, that sign up within the first month after the release, will be offered a lifetime $1.99 subscription plan PLUS getting one extra team for free. That is two teams for $1.99/month. 

I am not at all interested in a second team. my time does not allow it.  Is there another option?  

Posted August 11, 2018 - 12:13 PM

canucks

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • 12 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

@Anders, you could send out a game-wide vote just to get a feel of how many people will be sticking around, how many are on the fence, and how many are big no-no's. Maybe keep a sentence in there that asks people to comment on the forums and give them a link to this thread. With the vote pop-up in-game, you'll definitely get more of a response here on the forums as well, with such big changes coming up. If you're making a big decision, might as well get a feel for it before pulling the trigger, right?

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for a vote to be made on what we should do. I'm saying the vote can be used for Anders & Glawing to see if any changes need to be made to their plans in order to do what's best for the game.

Posted August 11, 2018 - 03:44 PM

Gammgubben

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful

The Blog post part 2 has now been updated with the following.

Price for an subscription is changed from $3.50 -> $2.99 / month. No big change I know.

But here's the real news. (Copy paste from the blog post).

---

Note that secondary teams must be created in a different game world.

Free leagues
The subscription plan described above is required for participating in the main competition (LIHL -> GHL). But we also  want to offer some free to play option. 

That’s why we will introduce a separate league structure called Free Hockey Leagues (FHL) within each and every game world. These leagues will be below LIHL level attracting players around 40-60 overall. Leagues will be completely free for users to play in, no subscription required. Teams can not promote from this leagues but there will be a playoff after the regular season with a designated winner. 

Most but not all features will be available in these leagues. For instance is youth draft not available but trades are. 

Even if separate FHL will play an important part of the game world since teams in the league will interact and sign free agents from the same free agent pool as the competition leagues. This means that they will help create world history, for instance players evolving in free leagues continuing their career in higher leagues.

---

I’m in on the two teams option with the $1.99 per month but i would prefer one payment with the full yearly amount.
Make it $25 Anders and Tobias.
Thats my opinion

Posted August 12, 2018 - 01:06 PM

Gator Raid

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Reliable
If you do the math, $2 a month for 12 months is $24 and you are asking for $25/year. Doesn’t make sense. Not a dig at you or your intelligence, just pointing out a flaw in your idea.

Posted August 12, 2018 - 02:36 PM

Gammgubben

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful

If you do the math, $2 a month for 12 months is $24 and you are asking for $25/year. Doesn’t make sense. Not a dig at you or your intelligence, just pointing out a flaw in your idea.

No flaw at all. I am willing to put in $25 a year instead of $1.99 a month. Piece of cake mate :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users