Photo

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

• Please log in to reply

Posted November 21, 2018 - 12:47 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Time for another update. I have during the last week reworked the contracts of players. The main reason for this was because I felt there wasn't enough salary difference between a star player and a depth player. So in the upcoming release star players will have significantly higher salaries, just like in the NHL today. But also, depth players will ask for much less than what is currently the case.

But just as what always been the case the salary will not only be influenced by overall but also player reputation, psychological profile and the competitive situation currently on the team (and more).

Here's a screenshot that shows the a more diverse salary situation on a team: https://cl.ly/6d06dcda7e0e

Very nice!

The past two updates have been key for me.  My favorite aspect of this game is strategically building a team within the cap limitations.  The contract update will add some major depth to this game, which is great.  And like Deadwing, the new customization options for team jerseys is probably what I am looking forward to the most. 

Just a minor thought, but could the contracts for super-star players be even higher?  To relate to NHL contracts, McDavid sits at 12.5M per.  Tavares, Kane, Price, Toews, Eichel and Kopitar are all 10M+.

In any case, Thanks for the updates!  Really looking forward to this.

(is it appropriate to post the South Park image of Randy Marsh when he finally gets access to the internet after losing it for a few months???)

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted November 22, 2018 - 03:17 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

it will be interesting to see how the salaries scale beyond gold as well. unless they flatten out some? 

also love the varied potential add. i am having trouble getting on and was wavering, thinking of leaving, but that has me again rethinking for sure. though i imagine drafts will be longer and i will drive myself crazy going att by att looking at improvements, etc

Posted November 23, 2018 - 06:48 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I think GHL is still the highest league in the new release.

I love the new contract updates. Will the salary cap be changed as well? Perhaps adjusting it to be a little smaller than it is now will help balance things out some more with the new changes.

Posted November 23, 2018 - 06:50 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Very nice!

The past two updates have been key for me.  My favorite aspect of this game is strategically building a team within the cap limitations.  The contract update will add some major depth to this game, which is great.  And like Deadwing, the new customization options for team jerseys is probably what I am looking forward to the most. 

Just a minor thought, but could the contracts for super-star players be even higher?  To relate to NHL contracts, McDavid sits at 12.5M per.  Tavares, Kane, Price, Toews, Eichel and Kopitar are all 10M+.

In any case, Thanks for the updates!  Really looking forward to this.

(is it appropriate to post the South Park image of Randy Marsh when he finally gets access to the internet after losing it for a few months???)

Yeah, I agree, making the asking prices even higher for the top players would deifnitely help a lot with balance.  9-12 million seems like a nice range.

Posted November 25, 2018 - 02:03 AM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

my apologies, i meant beyond as in below. as the cheaper players would then be the silver stars, if there was a similar drop down the tiers and caps stayed the same it could mean a lot of cap space. note sure. in FA there would just be bidding wars, but those who draft and resign at lower levels might have cap... not a bad thing at all as that is the playstyle i like, but thats just me. 

Posted November 27, 2018 - 01:14 PM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

Jersey design set.  Represent.

Attached File  Leopards.png   66.76KB   4 downloads

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted November 27, 2018 - 01:58 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Jersey design set.  Represent.

attachicon.gifLeopards.png

Here's mine. There was a red engine logo but I can't seem to find it in the UAT beta...hopefully it will be available in the new release, since it's already in the current version. Other than that, I think I like it.

32dd0576-dbbe-4f57-a227-0b8baea5e2b3.png

Some other variations, not sure which one looks better.

623c6eb8-9243-49b7-86c9-1c0981955ec0.png

1142228c-5391-4b39-baa0-7337419c03c0.png

Posted December 04, 2018 - 04:37 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1442 posts
  • 153 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Here's the latest info regarding the release date. I'm still behind schedule but I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But still too early to promise any specific release date. I'll need at least a couple of more weeks before being ready. Will get back with a specific date as soon as possible.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Posted December 05, 2018 - 07:02 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

Take your time. Better to have a bug free product to prevent any long term problems occuring. Besides I'm doing remarkably well in the SHL being freshly promoted. Wouldn't mind to see if I could do a one season hop straight to GHL lol. Probably not, but you know... it'll gnaw my bones for a long time afterwards with all the what if's  :rolleyes:

Posted December 14, 2018 - 07:08 PM

Thunderhawks

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater

so with the big move behind us. how goes the magic of the new GPHM? And the other hotstove question, Whats the ballpark on a date when the current GPHM with be phased out?

Posted December 14, 2018 - 07:36 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

As far as I know, the beta is going with its little glitches, which are being fixed along the way. The release date is still a mystery. Maybe Mr. Man can shed some light on that.

Overall the new version looks like a damn candy compared to the current one. Can't wait to have it out for everybody.

Posted December 14, 2018 - 08:03 PM

jdonutken

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: August 2018
Rep - Floater
  • LocationLouisbourg

Just a suggestion:  With Christmas just around the corner, I have asked Santa for a $25 VISA gift card.  That'll take care of a year of GPHM at the grandfathered rate of $1.99/month...  ;)

Posted December 15, 2018 - 03:03 PM

Walter A. Donaldson

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

Will player reputations carry over from the previous game to the new release?

Posted December 15, 2018 - 09:24 PM

Walter A. Donaldson

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2017
Rep - Helpful

Will player reputations carry over from the previous game to the new release?

Sorry had my question answered by a friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users