Photo

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

• Please log in to reply

Posted October 16, 2018 - 10:55 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • 16 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

And now for a bit of levity...

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted October 17, 2018 - 01:59 AM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • 16 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

In all seriousness though, I am eagerly awaiting what features will sneak into the Fall Release that haven't been announced.  Pleasant surprises, nuances, and the like.  I remember when I first saw the "Add To Shortlist" button that was added to the player card.  I was sorting through Prospect Rankings and was like, "Oooh, what's this button?  Sweet!  One click add to shortlist!"  That was a pleasant little surprise!

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | GHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted November 04, 2018 - 04:18 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

<< And to not make any promises we can’t fulfill we will now announce that the big release will instead be made in December. The current game worlds will be open and free to play until mid November.

Mid November is close date - what will actually happen? You will close the game as it is now and start a new one ~month later? I know you will need all the server capacities to test the new thing before launching it, obviously it can't be half done since you are asking payment to get in. But month is a long time and some managers might look for other games in between and be hesitate to come back in the end. I would recommend to have the shortest transition possible.

Posted November 04, 2018 - 04:34 AM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

I've missed this completely. That's a long time having the game down for sure.

Posted November 04, 2018 - 02:01 PM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 6 thanks
    GM Since: August 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium
It is a long time down, indeed. I'm losing interest for a couple of months now to be honest. Ever since it was announced that the big reset is coming this fall, I'm not really following my team or league that much. I'm already playing something else as well.

That being said, I'm curious but very skeptical as there is not much communication. Only thing we know is its delayed and that's not really something good to hear, no offence.

Posted November 05, 2018 - 03:17 AM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 176 posts
  • 10 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Hi all!

Sorry for not being active here on the forum. We are giving all our hours into developing right now.

There have been a misunderstanding here. The game will not be "closed" in November. There will be a short down period. Because our server provider will move their office in the mid November. So we have to move the server also. We do hope this will be as short and smooth as possible but we keep you posted. This is of course not the perfect solution or timing for that matter. 

Just to clarify! We will keep the "old" game open until the new relaunch is ready. 

We understand if people are losing interest but we only hope you have a little more patience. We doing our best right now to develop the best possible gaming experience in hockey management there is. We listen to your tips and advices and trying to implement as much as possible into the game. 

Posted November 05, 2018 - 03:47 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium

Hi all!

Sorry for not being active here on the forum. We are giving all our hours into developing right now.

There have been a misunderstanding here. The game will not be "closed" in November. There will be a short down period. Because our server provider will move their office in the mid November. So we have to move the server also. We do hope this will be as short and smooth as possible but we keep you posted. This is of course not the perfect solution or timing for that matter.

Just to clarify! We will keep the "old" game open until the new relaunch is ready.

We understand if people are losing interest but we only hope you have a little more patience. We doing our best right now to develop the best possible gaming experience in hockey management there is. We listen to your tips and advices and trying to implement as much as possible into the game.

Thanks for the feedback Glawing.

Every reply we received from the makers have started with 'sorry for the lack of communication but we are working hard'. Don't get me wrong, we are all aware of that and we are happy with the hard work. That being said, the lack of interest is because it was announced way too early and managers are not really putting much effort. That and the fact there is no communication unless we complain about it.

Trust me, it's not something I like to do but it's because I care about this game. Otherwise I would have left already. But a teaser or screenshot at least once a month would be nice. Some communication about what's going on and I'm sure everyone would be more interested. Just my 2 cents.

Posted November 05, 2018 - 04:15 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1422 posts
  • 150 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Yes, you're right. We're getting tired of excuses. And the release was announced too early. But I really thought it would be ready by October. I was wrong. 

So what's happening? Currently I put several hours into the new release every day and things are progressing. The new league structures and playoffs are developed and are being tested out. The design is almost finished for desktops and larger screens. Here's a screenshot: https://cl.ly/13e1bb5fe116

I will from now on provide a screenshot or an update at least once a week up to time of the release. I also recorded a sneak peak on how to customise team jerseys. I posted this in the jersey discussion found here: http://forums.gmgame...eys/#entry37343

The release is still planned for December but probably not the first week. And as Glawing pointed out the current server will be active until the release is made with the one exception that it will be physically moved last weekend of November. 

So no more excuses from now on =)

Posted November 06, 2018 - 02:33 AM

Gammgubben

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful

Thanks for the information and the screenshot,movie.

All that´s needed is probably i wee bit closer between the  times of information. 

Keep up the good work . :)

Yes, you're right. We're getting tired of excuses. And the release was announced too early. But I really thought it would be ready by October. I was wrong. 

So what's happening? Currently I put several hours into the new release every day and things are progressing. The new league structures and playoffs are developed and are being tested out. The design is almost finished for desktops and larger screens. Here's a screenshot: https://cl.ly/13e1bb5fe116

I will from now on provide a screenshot or an update at least once a week up to time of the release. I also recorded a sneak peak on how to customise team jerseys. I posted this in the jersey discussion found here: http://forums.gmgame...eys/#entry37343

The release is still planned for December but probably not the first week. And as Glawing pointed out the current server will be active until the release is made with the one exception that it will be physically moved last weekend of November. 

So no more excuses from now on =)

Posted November 06, 2018 - 03:22 AM

koekefix

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • 6 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBelgium

Thanks Anders and Glawing. Amazing work as always.

I already like the logo and colours. UI is looking nice.

Keep up the good work!

Posted November 06, 2018 - 12:11 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

I commented on the jerseys thread, but I say it here too. The jersey builder is amazing— just freaking amazing. You didn't take it up a level, but like 100 levels at once.

The game interface looks very clean, sleep and most of all modern. Very nice works guys.

Posted November 13, 2018 - 05:19 PM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1422 posts
  • 150 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Ok, here's another update on what we're currently working on.

As mentioned earlier I have planned to introduce more diverse player ratings. A typical GHL player in the current game worlds has almost all ratings 90+. This makes almost all players very much alike and leaves very little room for the manager to be creative.

So in the upcoming release the hidden player potential value will no longer be a single value but actually six different potentials that each influences different rating values! The potentials are still hidden but are divided into the following categories; Agility, Strength, Vision, Precision, Stamina and Courage. All ratings are then based on one or more of these potentials and will develop in different speeds.

Here's an example on a GHL player with a more diverse rating set: https://cl.ly/68989c0c7df0

Hopefully this will bring more realism to the game and reward those manager who can make the most of their roster.

Posted November 14, 2018 - 01:56 AM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

Ok, here's another update on what we're currently working on.

As mentioned earlier I have planned to introduce more diverse player ratings. A typical GHL player in the current game worlds has almost all ratings 90+. This makes almost all players very much alike and leaves very little room for the manager to be creative.

So in the upcoming release the hidden player potential value will no longer be a single value but actually six different potentials that each influences different rating values! The potentials are still hidden but are divided into the following categories; Agility, Strength, Vision, Precision, Stamina and Courage. All ratings are then based on one or more of these potentials and will develop in different speeds.

Here's an example on a GHL player with a more diverse rating set: https://cl.ly/68989c0c7df0

Hopefully this will bring more realism to the game and reward those manager who can make the most of their roster.

Good work! Hopefully this leads to a lot more variety in ratings and limit players with 90+ ratings to a very small minority, as it should be.

Just a small suggestion, but maybe try to tweak the values so multiple 90+ ratings will be less common? A player could really good in skating and shooting for example, but have defensive liabilities and what not. A good example in real life could be Tarasenko perhaps.

Posted November 14, 2018 - 10:05 AM

Steve

GamePlanHockey Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • 3 thanks
    GM Since: February 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationUnited States

Just a small suggestion, but maybe try to tweak the values so multiple 90+ ratings will be less common? A player could really good in skating and shooting for example, but have defensive liabilities and what not. A good example in real life could be Tarasenko perhaps.

It's only season 1 in the UAT Beta version, but I confirm there are players that are perfect in certain areas and horrible in others.  I have Dmen that make orange pylons look fast, forwards that are as fast as lightning, but can't even pass the puck to their centerman, and a goalie that is awesome, until he has to move!  It seems harder to find great OVR players that don't have some sort of negative attribute either in skills or profile.  How that plays out over 10 seasons, that is a bit early to see, but at least from the outset, you have to make a lot of trade offs on players to field a complete team. 

Posted Today, 03:11 AM

Peekaboo

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Floater

I am back after some time... whoa, nice changes :)

Would be too much to be able to select font for the name and numbers in jersey creator thingy? :D

Posted Today, 05:00 AM

Peekaboo

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: November 2015
Rep - Floater

Also, I know I am way too late for the topic - but 2-3$ per month is really really really cheap and affordable to just about anyone. I am kinda looking for that, few times I already stopped playing due to players constantly arriving and leaving (ironically, I became one of those), but I think this will at least make game population stable. Not to mention that it will make it harder for cheaters to some extent. Great news.

New layout looks great, and from design perspective (somewhat related to my field of work) - well done!

Furthermore - great thing about thinking of reducing overall rating.

I am so glad I decided to come back just before this update and now am looking forward to a new experience and will definitely purchase sub right away. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users