Photo

Release: Fall 2018 (Just to keep you posted!)

• Please log in to reply

Posted April 28, 2018 - 04:50 AM

Glawing

GamePlanHockey Support Team

• Moderators
  • 154 posts
  • 8 thanks
    GM Since: November 2016
Rep - Outstanding

EDIT by Anders August 7, 2018

I have now finally finished a new blog post that will hopefully shed some light over the upcoming release this fall. 

The blog post is divided into two parts:

Part 1 - The features

Part 2 - The business

And here's a sneak peak of the new design (work in progress). (Also available in the blog post)

http://www.gameplanh...ts/fall2018.png

---------------------

ORIGINAL post by Tobias April 28, 2018

Hi all of you!

Right now we are a bit quiet here on the forums and in general.

That’s because we working with a lot of things in the backgrounds. Not generally things you notice in game but performance and future plans are in the making.

We recently received some new hardware so the game will run smoother/faster and more stable.

We are reading as much reports and suggestions as possible. Because we want your opinion in developing.

Keep enjoying the game and be fair and nice to eachother!

//Tobias

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted May 18, 2018 - 07:35 AM

GamePlanHockey

Lead Developer, Game Plan Hockey Manager

• Moderators
  • 1407 posts
  • 149 thanks
    GM Since: January 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

Sorry for the lack of info lately. Time really flies. Here's the latest update on how everything is going with the upcoming release later this fall. More info regarding this release can also be found here: http://forums.gmgame...rrent-road-map/

• We have bought a second web server that will run the database and the simulators for the upcoming release. I'm planning on re-opening the UAT on this server to test things out. But we're currently waiting on some missing parts that was not included from the supplier.
  • I'm also doing quite many changes of the codebase at the moment. This includes a major upgrade of the database and a move of the simulators from .NET Framwork to dotnet core. This is to be able to run the simulators on a Linux environment. This part is now almost done.
  • We have also started creating a new design of the game. I've received a first draft from the designer and it's looking real good. Really excited to implement a fresh look to the game.
  • We're now putting together the first questions for the focus group. We're planning on creating a protected sub forum here in the forum. All members will receive an email with an invitation within a week or so. Sorry to have kept you waiting.
  • Besides all of the above I've also created a bug fix patch that was just released (v1.3.4). This will hopefully take care of the most urgent bugs until the major release later this fall.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask  :) 

Thanked by 2 Members:

Posted May 18, 2018 - 08:13 PM

zinnyzxx

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
Thanks for all the work you put into this game

Posted May 25, 2018 - 02:21 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1407 posts
  • 149 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden

The focus group has now been created and the first questions/topics are already under discussion. If you are eligible* for the focus group and haven't got an invitation please let me know as soon as possible. PM or email me.

* All Star and staff members are eligible for the focus group at this point

Posted July 17, 2018 - 03:56 PM

GamePlanHockey

• Moderators
  • 1407 posts
  • 149 thanks
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationSweden
Here’s the latest update.
We’re now well under way of developing features that are being included in the big release this fall. After discussions with the focus group we have decided to extend the leagues to a total of 28 teams divided into two conferences. Playoff series will be played best of five games. We’re also adding a sixth league to each game world.

More about this and other features including a full release plan will be available very soon.

Posted July 22, 2018 - 03:28 AM

Haradrim

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2016
Rep - Helpful

Excellent work! Thanks for all the effort!

Just one question: will current leagues be reset to zero or will they be keeping their current players, stats, positions etc?

Here’s the latest update.
We’re now well under way of developing features that are being included in the big release this fall. After discussions with the focus group we have decided to extend the leagues to a total of 28 teams divided into two conferences. Playoff series will be played best of five games. We’re also adding a sixth league to each game world.

More about this and other features including a full release plan will be available very soon.

Posted July 22, 2018 - 02:01 PM

Gator Raid

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Reliable

Just one question: will current leagues be reset to zero or will they be keeping their current players, stats, positions etc?

Yes! Very important question.

Posted July 24, 2018 - 07:26 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Most votes are in favour of a complete reset in order to finally fix the issue of nearly all teams being built out of all stars considering their league. With player development finally (hopefully) fixed and this big update coming out, the consensus is that the update would be a good time to do it.

Posted July 24, 2018 - 09:12 PM

Gator Raid

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • 4 thanks
Rep - Reliable
So we will lose all records of our cups, records etc?

Posted July 24, 2018 - 09:13 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
    GM Since: December 2015
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

To add to the question, if the Game Worlds are reset, can the managers that won the Championships get like a little notice on their manager page. I was thinking like right under the experience bar. It could say like:

Manager First Name

Manager Last Name

Manager no.

Nationality:

Games played:

Record: 0-0-0-0

Experience: 1 seasons

Championships: 0 Cups (like right here)

Trading: Neutral

And after every Cup win a cup gets added so the hard work a manager has put into the previous seasons doesn't get forgotten. It's just a suggestion. Also, thank you to all the moderators as well as Anders for working soo hard on creating a more competitive and friendly environment as well as upgrading this game so that it can reach its full potential. Very thankful guys, keep up the great work!

Posted July 24, 2018 - 09:15 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

So we will lose all records of our cups, records etc?

To add to the question, if the Game Worlds are reset, can the managers that won the Championships get like a little notice on their manager page. I was thinking like right under the experience bar. It could say like:

Manager First Name

Manager Last Name

Manager no.

Nationality:

Games played:

Record: 0-0-0-0

Experience: 1 seasons

Championships: 0 Cups (like right here)

Trading: Neutral

And after every Cup win a cup gets added so the hard work a manager has put into the previous seasons doesn't get forgotten. It's just a suggestion. Also, thank you to all the moderators as well as Anders for working soo hard on creating a more competitive and friendly environment as well as upgrading this game so that it can reach its full potential. Very thankful guys, keep up the great work!

Posted July 24, 2018 - 09:19 PM

Jack Reacher

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCanada

sorry didn't mean to send twice.

Posted July 24, 2018 - 11:08 PM

MattLumberjacks

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • 13 thanks
    GM Since: September 2016
Rep - Outstanding

I made similar suggestions in the thread but there wasn't much discussion about it. I think it will ultimately come down to how much time Anders and co. have as it doesn't seem to be a priority.

Posted July 25, 2018 - 12:57 AM

Haradrim

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

So that means that important decisions like this are taken by those having All Star accounts and not by the whole community? 

Most votes are in favour of a complete reset in order to finally fix the issue of nearly all teams being built out of all stars considering their league. With player development finally (hopefully) fixed and this big update coming out, the consensus is that the update would be a good time to do it.

Posted July 25, 2018 - 01:33 AM

Mocha

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCalgary

yes... and why shouldn't they be? Supporting the game enables it to move forward and if you aren't willing to pay a very small price to aid in the development then why do you feel you should have just as much say as those who do? The people who are willing to spend a few bucks a month are the ones that are helping these updates come to fruition which all of you who don't support the game, still reap the benefits of the updates regardless. Plus given every topic as far as updates are voted on by the group of supporters, it is still fair to all in the long run and I still say that even though certain votes I've made myself were not the majority and lost and yet it is no problem for me based on one simple thing: Anders and staff have done an amazing job thus far even though there's still lots of room for improvement. So let me leave you with a little reminder; they didn't need to include anyone in their decisions and yet they did and given that the all star accounts offer no perks in game other than names and numbers which don't affect gameplay, is it really that crazy that the people who are willing to pay a few bucks to make the game better for everyone are the ones used to aid them in making the best decisions for everyone??

You wanna have a vote...?

Stop being so cheap.

Posted July 25, 2018 - 03:00 AM

Haradrim

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I don't think you really understand the question and the principle. It is not a matter of being cheap and, as for me, I would be ok wherever Anders chooses to take the game. It is however worrying to legitimize being part of the decision through money. True, this is the world we live in, but it doesn't mean being so ready to appalud it as you seem to be. 

For the financial side, the game could be helped through donations and that way it could survive as an equal community as it does happen in some communities on the net. Keep in mind that the amount one pays for the game is - in terms of affordability - different from a country to another, so it is unfair not to take that into consideration.

It has always been my impression that the main satisfaction Anders gets out of creating this game is that it could be enjoyed by anyone responsibly on an equal basis. What you support is unfortunately a two-tiered system in which decisions that affect the whole community are reserved for a privileged few. 

So, again: I want everyone to have a vote, not (just) me and not just you. 

yes... and why shouldn't they be? Supporting the game enables it to move forward and if you aren't willing to pay a very small price to aid in the development then why do you feel you should have just as much say as those who do? The people who are willing to spend a few bucks a month are the ones that are helping these updates come to fruition which all of you who don't support the game, still reap the benefits of the updates regardless. Plus given every topic as far as updates are voted on by the group of supporters, it is still fair to all in the long run and I still say that even though certain votes I've made myself were not the majority and lost and yet it is no problem for me based on one simple thing: Anders and staff have done an amazing job thus far even though there's still lots of room for improvement. So let me leave you with a little reminder; they didn't need to include anyone in their decisions and yet they did and given that the all star accounts offer no perks in game other than names and numbers which don't affect gameplay, is it really that crazy that the people who are willing to pay a few bucks to make the game better for everyone are the ones used to aid them in making the best decisions for everyone??

You wanna have a vote...?

Stop being so cheap.

Posted July 25, 2018 - 04:35 AM

bouncer

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • 7 thanks
    GM Since: March 2015
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationCzech Republic

Then (based on the reset) I'm glad that my team in slow world Biscuit already peaked (as one of the few). Time to get even older to compete for the final cup :)

Posted July 25, 2018 - 10:16 AM

Mocha

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationCalgary

Oh I'm sorry Haradrim, let me me just change my wording then and use yours. With how the game is setup now, how are the all star accounts not us giving donations? The people who give these donations don't make any decisions so it's not "two-tiered" we are just given the opportunity to join a focus group and vote on things that ultimately just help Anders & co. make decisions but are still all theirs. We have no more say then you do. The reality is that this is the world we live in where in takes money to get things done. Do you think Anders should spend money out of his own pocket for getting new servers for the game to run on only for the simple reason of making sure no ones feelings get hurt cause you might think your voice isn't heard compared to those who support the game? He still listens to everyone anyways. The only thing the supporting does is give him a group of people from the community in which he has no prior knowledge of, that he can say are serious about the game and committed to it's development without question. It doesn't mean you or others who don't support or donate don't take it seriously as well but given the idea is to grow the community, getting votes from that many people, which is only going to grow, is counter productive. We would still be voting now if that was the case! This whole sense of entitlement just because you show up and play the game which is free (he never made anyone pay for anything) is absolutely ridiculous. Forget I joined in 2015. Forget I've played 3141 games. I SUPPORT 2 TEAMS. Now by your logic that would imply that i should have more say then anyone especially given I have no knowledge of anyone else who supports more than one team, but guess what? You would be wrong. I have wanted live games since day 1. I want updates to happen faster and more frequently and anyone can easily figure out that with donations, Anders can spend more time on the development of this game. This mentality that you and some others have though where you are completely self-driven is in fact toxic to the game because it creates a hostile community like it is right now. I mean maybe you can't tell but I'm livid right now because I want to help the game and know the focus group doesn't even decide anything all the while you feel you should be heard just the same all while making no attempt at even trying to hide the fact that you just care about your vision of the game and not anyone else's (unless they agree with you). How is it supposed to make someone like me feel who does donate when you and others come on to the forums and say it doesn't or shouldn't matter? I am deeply offended and pissed off at that notion when I'm contributing to progress. Plus maybe you've forgotten but there's a forum called "Suggestions".... Now if that's not good enough for you, then guess what? ANYONE CAN BECOME A SUPPORTER. So like I said before, you wanna vote (with still no guarantee it will matter, cause guess what? I voted against a total reset and lost and you don't hear me b*tching about it) then go and donate. It's as simple as that.

Posted July 25, 2018 - 11:38 AM

Haradrim

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 1 thanks
Rep - Helpful

I respect your opinion. You obviously don't respect anyone else who might not agree with you. I made a comment open to debate, while you try to impose your point of view. There can be no dialogue this way. I'm sorry that people who have other ideas make you livid. In my opinion, this is the problem with your position. 

And please stop putting words into my mouth. I would actually vote for a reset, this is not the problem in question. 

It takes you a lot of phrases to legitimize your position. Fine. I throwed an idea that we should perhaps talk more about how the community (on which the game depends) functions, without - at any point - hanging rigidly on a point of view. If the idea of a debate enrages you that much, please accept my apology. It's fine without debate. Have a great game! 

Oh I'm sorry Haradrim, let me me just change my wording then and use yours. With how the game is setup now, how are the all star accounts not us giving donations? The people who give these donations don't make any decisions so it's not "two-tiered" we are just given the opportunity to join a focus group and vote on things that ultimately just help Anders & co. make decisions but are still all theirs. We have no more say then you do. The reality is that this is the world we live in where in takes money to get things done. Do you think Anders should spend money out of his own pocket for getting new servers for the game to run on only for the simple reason of making sure no ones feelings get hurt cause you might think your voice isn't heard compared to those who support the game? He still listens to everyone anyways. The only thing the supporting does is give him a group of people from the community in which he has no prior knowledge of, that he can say are serious about the game and committed to it's development without question. It doesn't mean you or others who don't support or donate don't take it seriously as well but given the idea is to grow the community, getting votes from that many people, which is only going to grow, is counter productive. We would still be voting now if that was the case! This whole sense of entitlement just because you show up and play the game which is free (he never made anyone pay for anything) is absolutely ridiculous. Forget I joined in 2015. Forget I've played 3141 games. I SUPPORT 2 TEAMS. Now by your logic that would imply that i should have more say then anyone especially given I have no knowledge of anyone else who supports more than one team, but guess what? You would be wrong. I have wanted live games since day 1. I want updates to happen faster and more frequently and anyone can easily figure out that with donations, Anders can spend more time on the development of this game. This mentality that you and some others have though where you are completely self-driven is in fact toxic to the game because it creates a hostile community like it is right now. I mean maybe you can't tell but I'm livid right now because I want to help the game and know the focus group doesn't even decide anything all the while you feel you should be heard just the same all while making no attempt at even trying to hide the fact that you just care about your vision of the game and not anyone else's (unless they agree with you). How is it supposed to make someone like me feel who does donate when you and others come on to the forums and say it doesn't or shouldn't matter? I am deeply offended and pissed off at that notion when I'm contributing to progress. Plus maybe you've forgotten but there's a forum called "Suggestions".... Now if that's not good enough for you, then guess what? ANYONE CAN BECOME A SUPPORTER. So like I said before, you wanna vote (with still no guarantee it will matter, cause guess what? I voted against a total reset and lost and you don't hear me b*tching about it) then go and donate. It's as simple as that.

Posted July 25, 2018 - 12:06 PM

Eric Welsh

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: May 2018
Rep - Helpful
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Thanks for all the work being done on this and I really look forward to seeing the results.

I don't have a championship to my name, but I am proud to have taken my Howitzer Queenston Wolverines from 11th in the standings to IHL promotion in about 40 games, and my Fishbowl Duffield Desperados are on track to improve from ninth place to IHL promotion in my first full season.

Maybe a little permanent note on my record: Good at making bad teams not quite so bad!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users