Photo

Is it overwhelming being GM of multiple teams?

• Please log in to reply

Posted April 25, 2018 - 07:26 PM

zinnyzxx

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationPennsylvania
So I'm very happy with the game and my team, but I'm getting the itch to make a second account for a 2nd team, but I'm unsure on whether I'm biting off more than I can chew.
Anyone wanna speak from experience?

Posted April 25, 2018 - 07:41 PM

granpubah

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: January 2017
Rep - Reliable

in a word     NO!!!!!    be sure you really like the game.    I personally invite you to dangles, biscuit or fishbowl.  If you have the time  dangles.  4 games every 24 hours.

Posted April 25, 2018 - 09:02 PM

Red Fox

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Outstanding

I would say having two teams is a good balance, try different speeds as well. I am currently in a fast and normal game world, and the balance seems to work. Would love to see account integration in the future though...would be easier if you could switch between two game worlds from one account.

Posted April 25, 2018 - 09:06 PM

Naekfor

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Helpful

I am overwhelmed at times with one team. then again i insist on having draft boards with the majority of the draft and am always fussing in spreadsheets so i guess more than half my time isnt actually directly in game

Posted April 25, 2018 - 10:09 PM

TheWizard

GamePlanHockey Moderator

• Moderators
  • 470 posts
  • 15 thanks
    GM Since: February 2016
Rep - Outstanding

Judging by my signature, you can see I have quite a few teams.  It's OK, you can call me an addict. :)

I agree with ET2018, try different game world speeds to see which ones you like.  Personally, I lean toward normal to fast.

Manager of:

Dunkirk Sea Hawks | GHL | Lumber
Prairie City Steers | SHL | Clapper
Otego Arrowheads | SHL | Dangles
Bushong Hill Giants | GHL | UAT Mitts

Posted April 26, 2018 - 01:52 AM

suomyyra

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2017
Rep - Helpful

It depends on how you play the game i guess. I spend a lot of time daily in biscuit. For me the second team didnt work out since i like to dive deep in the gameworld where im putting my time in. If you are not too interested in other leagues, teams and worldwide player stats, you will be fine with two teams. Just not my thing. :)

Best of luck.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Posted April 26, 2018 - 09:10 AM

Paul T

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • 5 thanks
    GM Since: May 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationBOSTON

It depends on how you play the game i guess. I spend a lot of time daily in biscuit. For me the second team didnt work out since i like to dive deep in the gameworld where im putting my time in. If you are not too interested in other leagues, teams and worldwide player stats, you will be fine with two teams. Just not my thing. :)

Best of luck.

x2

*SEASON 16 TARNISHED SILVER BISCUIT PLATE CHAMPION*

Posted April 26, 2018 - 10:24 AM

littleb

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • 4 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Outstanding
  • LocationMinnedosa

This is a really good question.  I have my main team in Biscuit and being a one game a day league I was not getting enough and was well on top of what all my players were accomplishing and my team as a whole but wasn't getting much excitement... the "itch" as was mentioned before.  Signed up for Dangles which is 4 games a day... thinking this will definitely pick up the pace and it was super exciting but couldn't keep up with the pace and found that my main team was suffering a bit because of it.  I moved from there to Clapper after only 2 seasons, which turned out to be "just about" right for me and my time.  2 games a day there and could manage to keep my players straight and what needs to be done for each team and when.

That all being said I joined Dangles for a 3rd team not long ago but made the decision that it is not going to be a super serious commitment and just filler for the times where I am itching and done everything because teams were plentiful there anyway.  Still not sure I will keep that up forever but remaining focused on my 1st two teams have been O.K. keeping that in mind.  

So to answer, I think it all depends on your time you have to play and finding the right fit.  It is definitely worth trying and you will soon find whether the fit is good or not for how your schedule works out.

Posted April 26, 2018 - 12:47 PM

Pingu

Assistant GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 1 thanks
    GM Since: August 2016
Rep - Reliable
  • LocationBelgium
Biscuit fishbowl and clapper

Biscuit wil always be my most beloved child.
Have a great team in clapper and enjoying it but more in a comics way.

Fishbowl is more of a test but ended up in Ghl. Left the team alone the first 10 games.
Didnt captivate me.

2 is ok for me

Posted May 10, 2018 - 03:25 PM

Deadwing

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: February 2018
Rep - Reliable

I suppose it depends how much time you have to spend in order to make your team(s) competitive. Some people can pull it off easily and have more "managerizing" fun :) I wouldn't be able to do it. I had trouble running a single team at normal speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users