A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: March 2018
Rep - Helpful

With Dangles paused I wanted to start a topic on lumber.

Posted April 16, 2018 - 10:50 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Looks like you are doing very well for yourself. Interesting choice of tactics by using all powerforwards too.

A13

Posted April 17, 2018 - 11:10 AM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Normally I do puck possession, so I wanted to try something different and the tactics said to use powerforwards so I decided to try it and it seems to be working (we could fall off a cliff) it also seemed the easiest to run/find players for. You are having a good season too for a team fresh off promotion, if you don't promote this year you should next season for sure.

Posted April 17, 2018 - 01:06 PM

cioaonk

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: April 2018
Rep - Floater
Ah yeah I’ve found success using a 2nd/3rd line of powerforward/playmakers this season

A13

Posted April 19, 2018 - 01:05 PM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

So have I.

Posted April 20, 2018 - 06:52 AM

JoeDangles

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2018
Rep - Floater

Your team is taking this season for sure, no way can I catch you the way you're playing. Well done with the team

A13

Posted April 20, 2018 - 07:46 AM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Your team is taking this season for sure, no way can I catch you the way you're playing. Well done with the team

This is the first team where I did player characteristics according to the recommended tactics in game. Now we just can't fall off a cliff.

And you should know I'm a little nervous about your team.

Posted April 20, 2018 - 12:34 PM

JoeDangles

Junior Scout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: January 2018
Rep - Floater

Having some issues with some injuries to some depth players, for some reason they seem to play key roles. Think you have built yourself a good lead, now I need to work on putting some room between myself and 3rd place. 

A13

Posted April 20, 2018 - 01:34 PM

A13

Head Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks
Rep - Helpful

Having some issues with some injuries to some depth players, for some reason they seem to play key roles. Think you have built yourself a good lead, now I need to work on putting some room between myself and 3rd place. 

It's only 5 games, I could go to bed in 1st and wake up in second but I'm hoping it is a good lead, the more you build on 3rd the more you help me :D. I am also having issues w/ depth player injuries, not massive 20-30 game injuries but enough to annoy me, 4 players have gone down in the bottom half of my line up and 2 in my top 6, I have 3rd line W and 4th line W on IR right now and I had one of my leading scorers go on IR for 5 games also and for some reason they do seam to play key roles. Good luck in the second half of the season, and good luck in Dangles.

Posted April 21, 2018 - 04:21 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP)  - The Fairbanks Union added a ninth straight win with a key victory over the Mississauga Mountain Hawks at the Erin Mills Twin Arena. Led by defenseman David Kucer and veteran goalie Robbie Clapp, the Union ensured they shut down the Mountain Hawks early, only allowing one goal. Jack Andrews scored the opening goal in the 1st period, followed by Vilho Tuomela three minutes and thirty seconds later. For the Mountain Hawks, Elvis Yung scored the lone power play goal in the 2nd period.

"We finished a crucial stretch of games quite strongly," said Robbie Clapp. "We knew we needed to secure some victories against Mississauga and Terrace, as well as Victoria. We just need to stay focused and get into the promotion zone."

The Fairbanks Union, playing their innagural season in Fairbanks, Alaska at the Big Dipper Ice Arena, are looking to secure their second straight promotion, and their third in four years after moving from Miami, Ohio and having a brief stint in Prince Rupert, Canada. 

"I'm pretty proud of these guys," added Fairbanks' coach Eric T. "They keep fighting and finding ways to win. We haven't deviated away from our identity despite some early challenges, and that's good."

The Union have earned a reputation for a hard-hitting, fast-paced style and have received condemnations from opposing fans and media. After their previous victory over the Terrace Hornets at the Big Dipper Ice Arena, a Terrace media writer called the Union "a bunch of hoodlums and thugs that happen to call themselves hockey players." The game was notable for a fight towards the end of the game, which saw Terrace's star center, Ronald Brokaw, bloodied and agitated by Union defenseman Vincenc Chovan.

"I'm pretty proud of those names,' said Winston Guin, who was a particular target. "They can call us whatever they want. I just hope they call us victors too at the end of the game."

Posted April 28, 2018 - 12:56 AM

Jezzé Bibz

Professional Scout

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
    GM Since: September 2017
Rep - Helpful

Hi everyone in Lumber, even though we are in the playoffs, I'm already looking at season 41 and would like to offer some of my players. The Herschel Marshals (GHL) would like to trade defensemen Lennox Myrberg (29 yo next year, 95 ovr) or Isaiah Gohier (24 yo next year, 93 ovr) and one of goalies Hibbert (25 yo, 89 ovr) or Bartrash (26 yo, 91 ovr). We are looking for some wingers, the younger the better since we want to rejuvenate our offense, but we want some quality too.

If anyone is interested in these player or any other player (I'm open to all offers and except the untradables, almost everyone could be used in a possible trade), hit me up here or send a message in game so we can work a trade. Thanks!

Posted May 01, 2018 - 01:26 PM

ET2018

Professional GM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • 5 thanks
Rep - Outstanding

Clapp (96 overall, goalie) is on the tradeblock. In return, I am looking for a 90+ goalie and/or a good 1st or 2nd liner forward/center. I'm open to discussing other potential offers, just send me a PM in the game. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users